Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

The port issue is the problem I had. My port ripped up from the muscle. The pain was slight over time, and then became excruciating, which ended me up in the ER. That was the day the stitches must have actually come up. The initial pain was just leading up to the inevitable, I suppose. I had the revision surgery in August, but um, I don't think the stitches held that time either...shocking lol. I have little dumb problems ALL THE TIME. I figure I don't want to mess with the port much because it is somewhat of an advantage, in the event I want to have the band removed in time, I have an argument for insurance to cover the procedure. The pain is mild and irritating, but nothing debilitating.

Next problem...why do I think my bad slipped? I hope I am being a hypochondriac (I am sure I didn't spell that right, but too lazy to spell check). Anyhow, the last few weeks I have difficulty getting even liquids down. Lately, with solid food, some time after I eat it, if I am sitting down it seems that the food has been broken down into a more liquid form and I begin to regurgitate and choke. And I suffer a lot of heartburn. I googled all these symptoms...and I find band slippage. GREAT!!! I see my not-so-helpful doctor on Friday. Um thank God it isn't an emergency! I'll keep you guys posted. 7....more....lbs. That's it lol

Wow, I forgot about you having your port flipped. I remember when it first started, it litterly felt like it was ripping. It hurt bad, but then it would stop. I would move a certain way and it would do it again, it actually took my breath away. I thought I was having muscle spasms, I get those a lot in my legs, so I was eating bananas and taking a potassium pill, but that didn't help. I had it for about 2 weeks off and on. Then when I went to get my fill on the 18th, he said my port was laying side ways, but he was still able to get a fill in. I had some more pain with it, about a week later, and now I haven't had any pain for about 2 weeks.

How long did it take for your port to flip from the time you started having pain? I am thinking if I have to have a revision surgery, I will make them put in a low profile port - I think they now have the floating ports. I heard that my doctor is now placing the ports more in the middle and higher up and it less likely your port can flip.

I hope you don't have a slippage. Do you PB often?

Please keep us updated on how your doing.

Sunshine,

Thanks for the info on the 5 day pouch test. I've been reading it for the last hour. I intend to try it Monday for 5 days and see what happens. It sounds great. It will be nice to really full that tight feeling in my pouch!

Thanks,

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

Debbie, I'm thinking about trying it too, at some point. It's a great way to get the carb demons out of your system I think.

Wow 5jacks, you look terrific. What a lot of hard work and it really shows. You should be so proud of yourself and what you've accomplished. Way to GOOOO!!

I've been away a few days sulking and it is good to be back and see the inspiration being given here. We've had miserable cold (46 below with windchill on Monday and NO Water Until last night) and I've been just out of sorts and not wanting to check in, work out or eat proper. Gotta get back in the game tho...and I will. Feel better today...warmed up, took a shower this morning and I'm back with my support group. I am also going to a support group on Monday so maybe that will be an added boost. I'm just whining...I realized. Sorry. My life is soo good, all things considered. I'm just looking and using excuses.

I'm checking out the pouch routine...maybe that will be the ticket. Thanks for sharing that.

Wow, I forgot about you having your port flipped. I remember when it first started, it litterly felt like it was ripping. It hurt bad, but then it would stop. I would move a certain way and it would do it again, it actually took my breath away. I thought I was having muscle spasms, I get those a lot in my legs, so I was eating bananas and taking a potassium pill, but that didn't help. I had it for about 2 weeks off and on. Then when I went to get my fill on the 18th, he said my port was laying side ways, but he was still able to get a fill in. I had some more pain with it, about a week later, and now I haven't had any pain for about 2 weeks.

How long did it take for your port to flip from the time you started having pain? I am thinking if I have to have a revision surgery, I will make them put in a low profile port - I think they now have the floating ports. I heard that my doctor is now placing the ports more in the middle and higher up and it less likely your port can flip.

I hope you don't have a slippage. Do you PB often?

Please keep us updated on how your doing.

I really don't remember how long it was before the day I think the port actually came up, but it was like close to a month, I think. Unfortunately, it was not for a few months after that when my doctor FINALLY confirmed this. I had revision surgery in August. In considering this surgery I asked about the low profile port also, but my doctor convinced me against it. I don't remember why, but whatever it was it must have sounded rational.

I knew shortly after the revision surgery that the sutures didn't take AGAIN, but my doctor was convinced they had and that all was fine. (He is great at appeasing me).

So now, I see him yesterday to discuss my symptoms and thoughts about my band having slipped. He sent me for a CT scan. I had the test, and the doctor on staff read the results and reported to my doctor. My doctor "promised" me that my band is fine...but I "have a pnuemonia" in my left lung. I have no idea wtf that means, but apparently I'm pretty sick lol. Needless to say I am asymptomatic, and have decided to go for a second opinion on Monday. Oh, but in all this my doctor said I was right and that my port did in fact come up again. Apparently, I have very resistant stomach muscles.

I'll keep you posted. I have a question though. Has anyone felt that they have been getting sicker easier since the rapid weight loss? Like maybe more susceptible to things, maybe from compromised immune systems or something? I've been sicker this year than I can remember previous years.

Has anyone felt that they have been getting sicker easier since the rapid weight loss? Like maybe more susceptible to things, maybe from compromised immune systems or something? I've been sicker this year than I can remember previous years.

It's funny you say that. I've actually been much less susceptible to colds and such this year. In fact, I haven't had more than an allergy sniffle the entire time! Well, except for a 2-day flu a few weeks ago. But seriously, I've never felt better!

Hi everyone,

Still sticking with it. Hope you are all doing well with eating and exercising!! I'm going to a local lapband support group tonight. I have attended before but it was pretty dull but tonight they are joining groups with the beginners and the year-or-better group. So, hopefully it will be more interesting and inspirational.

As far as being more succepable to illness...I am like Juno...never felt better....I feel, most of the time, so strong and healthy. I still really have a hard time being cold, tho. I had the house boiling last night...my poor husband.

Is there anyone on here (besides me) who is seriously considering having Plastic Surgery in the near future ? I had originally thought I would have a Tummy Tuck and maybe some Lipo done much later in the year, but it is all coming together very quickly and now I am getting really nervous . . .

Your thoughts my banded buddies ???

Lynn - I plan on having at least a Tummy Tuck and maybe a boob job after I lose all my weight and have kids. I'm having my first in September, so I'm thinking I won't be at the plastic surgery stage for a couple years. I want to wait at least two years before we go for number two. The plan is to lose most of my weight in between the two pregnancies, have another kids, lose the baby weight, have the surgery.

Maria - best of luck with your pregnancy, September will be here before you know it! There is nothing sweeter in this life than a baby to love.

I am scheduled for a TT and possibly Lipo (haven't made that decision yet) on February 19th. Now that it is scheduled, I am getting really nervous . . . :)

I'd like to have a breast reduction (and lift) at some point after I get closer to goal. I'm cautiously optimistic that I may not need anything else. I get real squimish thinking about a TT or Lipo. I"ve seen the pictures and can hardly look at them. But I've thougth about a boob job for some time. I ride horses and have deep ruts in my shoulders from my bra straps. I've gone from a 44DDD to a 40DD (just last week actually).

Is anyone thinking about doing that 5 day pouch diet? I"m considering doing that next week. I'm trying to do some reading on it and seeing if it does what I think it is supposed to do.

Good Mornin' all and Happy Hump day!

Lynn - I do want to either have the "smartlipo" or Tummy Tuck, most of the docs tell me I don't need one, but we'll see.

Sula - exercise went GREAT last week, however, this week haven't been to the gym at all. My knee is swollen and hot, I was thinking to rest it a little bit, however it continues to get worse. It may just be the weather, but not sure. I keep icing it down and hoping to get back to the gym soon. I'm so lathargic when I don't go to the gym, and I notice my eating sucks. When I go to the gym, it keeps me focussed.

I go for another fill next Tuesday and I'm hoping and praying I finally get some good restriction and no more problems. This sucks!

Well, I owe, I owe, I owe, so off to work I go..........

Sula,

I had intended to start the 5 day pouch test on Monday, but didn't. I would love to do that next Monday. If you decide you want to try it maybe we can do it together and help each other thru it!

Sunshine I hope all goes well with your next fill!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

Just checking in:) Hope everyone is doing well!

Mommi, you must be excited! I definately will consider a TT when I finish losing, and absolutely a boob "makeover". Does that include side & armpit boobs? Gads, I hope so. I'd also consider the batwing removal, but actually, mine are shrinking. I've been hitting the arms and upper body pretty heavy at the gym I know you can't "spot reduce" per se, but adding muscle seems to define and detract from them flapping in the wind. And, I think I'd be self conscious about such a publicly (sp?) visable scar. I wonder how much weight comes off with a TT? Mine isn't horrible, but I know it will never be firm or flat... twins + 1 took care of that. I am an apple shape, so that makes it worse.

And, my turkey neck. Gotta think about that!

Otherwise, all is well. My fill is incredibly tight, but I am riding it out. The scale simply has to start moving. Have some minor reflux at night, and a bad stuck/sliming episode today. Painful! Totally all my fault. This tightness is forcing me to do the right things. Something had to!

I've ordered some New Whey Liquid Protein shots...for supplimentation. Been reading up on them, and I think with my workouts and tightness, it may help. Anyone else gone this route? I just don't want the extra calories - and never been a fan of doing the shakes. Maybe this will be a boost to my eating....sometimes I don't think I get enough Protein in.

Workouts going good, I actually took yesterday off and it BOTHERED me all day. Tomorrow is weights and cardio day. How long (time wise) do you all work out for? I'm thinking of up-ing it to a full 2 hours. I have the time, and feel that when I leave after 1-1.5 hours, I still have energy left, or maybe better put - that it's getting easier and I could do more. What do y'all do?

Sula,

I had intended to start the 5 day pouch test on Monday, but didn't. I would love to do that next Monday. If you decide you want to try it maybe we can do it together and help each other thru it!

Sunshine I hope all goes well with your next fill!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

Debbie, I was driving into work this morning and talking to my cousin on the cell phone, and we are going to start the 5 day pouch test next Monday too. So, I'll join you!

I'm good for Monday as well. I've been thinking about it and was actually thinking of extending the liquid stage for a week. My thoughts were to duplicate the whole process that we started when we got the band. I ate myself silly, portion size the past two days. A huge salad and then last night probably three cups of tortilinis. My bad.

But, for this go round, I'll follow the process to a tea and see what gives me. WE can DO IT!!