Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

I was a self-pay and went to Monterray Mexico with Dr. Chapa. I do have a fill doc here in town that I have gone to since.

I am so mad!

I haven't missed a day of exercise (I'm in the fitness challenge) and when I weighed this week I had gained two pounds. You would have thought it was 20 by the way my mood was affected, but still...why would I gain? So now I have gained a total of 13 since getting out of the hospital from my second surgery in September.

I worked out even harder last night but I can't sleep because I don't understand what is going on. (It isn't my TOM, I don't have one.) Why has this become so difficult now?

I am so mad!

I haven't missed a day of exercise (I'm in the fitness challenge) and when I weighed this week I had gained two pounds. You would have thought it was 20 by the way my mood was affected, but still...why would I gain? So now I have gained a total of 13 since getting out of the hospital from my second surgery in September.

I worked out even harder last night but I can't sleep because I don't understand what is going on. (It isn't my TOM, I don't have one.) Why has this become so difficult now?

I am so there with you! Have had this "unexplained" weight gain happen to me several times. I can offer some thoughts as to what is happening, whether they apply or not, who knows?

But, without doubt, I can tell you RELAX!! It's OK! It's more than likely not REAL weight, but rather the body retaining Water from exercise. This is soooo common...the body "insulates, cushions" the strained (injured) muscles by packing on the Fluid. I know, I know...it sucks...but seriously...you did not consume 7200 calories extra...your body is burning more than usual (BMR)...so it has to be this, IMHO. Now, don't misunderstand...I KNOW how mad that can make you!!!

A few tricks...extra fluids, more Protein. Try a Protein Bar, slice of deli meat, FF string cheese. Always strength training BEFORE cardio. Eat small amount of protein 1/2 to 1 hour after workout. Back off any bad carbs if you're eating them.

Ok...time to go practice my own preaching. I'm rootin' for you!

Same here as well...I'm up a few pounds...and I thought that it would come falling off as I really watched my eating and worked out. It is TOM, but still...seems like with all things happening it should be shrinking.

I hear that you are mad and disappointed.

Where is everyone? It's been quiet here the last few days! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a stomach bug the last few days and was feeling quite miserable, but that seems to have passed. The only good thing about it was that I lost 2 lbs!

Maria

I'm here, and have checked in, but I was the last to post so I thought I should give someone else the opportunity.

No loss this past week for me...I sort of went on some binging which I attribute to some cravings, but I don't think I was way out of line. Back on track now, again.

I could not get myself going on exercise this morning. It was 17 below at 3 this morning and I set myself up to worrying about all my animals outside. I have five dogs in "heated" kennels and I worried....so my DH, so nice he was, got dressed and went out to bring them in. He sort of blew me off (they have heat in their kennels) but I worried. I didn't check the heat or fill up the straw so I thought, what if...and therefore didn't sleep for a while and then it took me a while to get back to sleep...for the second time that night. We also have six horses, but four were in the barn and two had access to a loafing shed..but they are my kids and I stress. All is well with them tho.

So, I will have to figure out how to get a little bit of some sort of exercise today, right? I must set a goal.

Well, I'm back. Had good and bad things happen to me. My Lasik was Thursday, everything went perfect. I have 20/20 vision already and I expect it to get to 20/15. My eyes are a little dry and having a hard time focussing very long without having to add drops in.

Now, my bad news, I'm so frustrated and irritated. I went in for my fill on Friday, and I was so excited because as you know, I've been with little restriction since November. Anyhow, the doc fills me back up to 4.0 and I had good restriction, this is where he filled me up last time, but I immediately had problems afterwards. Well, this time, I didn't so I figure it was okay. Well, to make a long story short, by Saturday I was PBing my saliva and back to the hospital I went. They had to take my fill out AGAIN. I'm right were I started AGAIN! I just called the office to schedule another fill, so I'm waiting on the hospital to call me back. I'm so frustrated. ONe thing I learned for sure, I will not let him fill me up to 4.0 again, it just doesnt work for me. At this point, I will be happy to get back to 3.8 cc's, I think I'm back down to 1cc now, I am just pissed that I am starting all over again!

Hi all....my bandiversary was the 18th. Wanted to share my "stats" with you. The last time I posted pictures they were like 8x10 so only going to try a couple and we'll see what happens.....

Never mind....can't figure out how to put a picture in! If anyone can help I could sure use it!!

Anyway, started with a personal trainer today for the first time. Ended up doing measurements and realized I've lost a total of 37 inches!! 9 inches in waist and 9 inches in hips alone!!

This is such a wonderful experience. I wish I could share pictures.....was feeling kind of mad at myself for not sticking to "dieting" and exercising like I should. Then my bandiversarry came around, took pictures and it's amazing how far I've come!

Now, my bad news, They had to take my fill out AGAIN.

Oh Tonya, I feel for you . . . I have been there and it sucks!!!

The really GOOD news that I found out last week is that the difference between not enough restriction, too much restriction and JUST RIGHT can be as much or as little as a couple of DROPS!

Long story short - I was way too tight and had to have an unfill like you. I then had two fills trying to get it right after that disaster and couldn't seem to . . . The third one was too tight, but not causing problems like before when I was way too tight. So, I stayed in that bind for a month.

I went in last week - I had not been restricted enough at 2.3 but was too tight (couldn't get much if anything down) at 2.5 and after doing a fluero, Dr. Spivak said that everything looked okay, but that he needed for me to be able to eat. Sooo . . . he accessed my port and took out about 3 or 4 DROPS - not even a measureable amount.

The difference is unbelievable! I had almost given up on the idea of ever finding the 'sweet spot', but I now believe I am there ! YAY !!!

I went a full month too tight this past time and didn't lose an ounce. After this tiny adjustment, I lost 4 pounds this past week and felt totally satisfied with the amount I ate.

I tell all of you this to say "HANG IN THERE SISTER!!!" I didn't think I'd ever get here and I finally did . . . Like you, I have had at least 8, maybe 9 adjustments in the last year. I hate those needles with a passion!!!

Good Luck!

Lynn

Hi all....my bandiversary was the 18th. Wanted to share my "stats" with you. The last time I posted pictures they were like 8x10 so only going to try a couple and we'll see what happens.....

Never mind....can't figure out how to put a picture in! If anyone can help I could sure use it!!

Anyway, started with a personal trainer today for the first time. Ended up doing measurements and realized I've lost a total of 37 inches!! 9 inches in waist and 9 inches in hips alone!!

This is such a wonderful experience. I wish I could share pictures.....was feeling kind of mad at myself for not sticking to "dieting" and exercising like I should. Then my bandiversarry came around, took pictures and it's amazing how far I've come!

Happy belated Band Anniverasary my dear Band Twin! I need to take my picture too, I've been so busy with everything I haven't slowed down enough to do it, but I will probably do it this week.

You have done great, and we want to see pictures!

Oh Tonya, I feel for you . . . I have been there and it sucks!!!

The really GOOD news that I found out last week is that the difference between not enough restriction, too much restriction and JUST RIGHT can be as much or as little as a couple of DROPS!

Long story short - I was way too tight and had to have an unfill like you. I then had two fills trying to get it right after that disaster and couldn't seem to . . . The third one was too tight, but not causing problems like before when I was way too tight. So, I stayed in that bind for a month.

I went in last week - I had not been restricted enough at 2.3 but was too tight (couldn't get much if anything down) at 2.5 and after doing a fluero, Dr. Spivak said that everything looked okay, but that he needed for me to be able to eat. Sooo . . . he accessed my port and took out about 3 or 4 DROPS - not even a measureable amount.

The difference is unbelievable! I had almost given up on the idea of ever finding the 'sweet spot', but I now believe I am there ! YAY !!!

I went a full month too tight this past time and didn't lose an ounce. After this tiny adjustment, I lost 4 pounds this past week and felt totally satisfied with the amount I ate.

I tell all of you this to say "HANG IN THERE SISTER!!!" I didn't think I'd ever get here and I finally did . . . Like you, I have had at least 8, maybe 9 adjustments in the last year. I hate those needles with a passion!!!

Good Luck!

Lynn

Thanks Lynn, When I go in for my next appointment, I'm going to have me fill me up to 3.8 and maybe a little more and then stop. Hopefully I can get some restriction because I know I was pretty good at 3.8 just not quite enough. I should have just stayed at 3.8.

Until then, I'm going to just try and diet. I've got to get away from the sweets. I moved my bucket of candy off my desk at work, I took it to someone elses desk, I've cleared my drawers at work of all junk, and I have demanded my family not to make any more brownies, cakes, etc in my house. If they make it, they better hide it and not let me know about it. lol. I will be having withdrawls I'm sure this week, but I got to do it!

I totally agree with you on the sweets! Can't stay away from them.....too bad there's not a sweets anonymous. I would be a lifetime member!

Sunshine...when you were at 3.8 how much could you eat? My appt. is next Monday and I would like to get another fill, just haven't decided if I really need to get one or if I need to just quit eating! Seems like I eat more now than I did BEFORE my last fill. Doesn't make any sense sometimes....

I Sunshine...when you were at 3.8 how much could you eat? My appt. is next Monday and I would like to get another fill, just haven't decided if I really need to get one or if I need to just quit eating! Seems like I eat more now than I did BEFORE my last fill. Doesn't make any sense sometimes....

Well, I could eat about 2 oz of meat, and maybe a little vegies. However, I could take regular bites of food and didn't really have to chew, so I figured I needed another fill. I think I might need a tad bit more than 3.8 but not much. At this point, I would be happy to be where I was before.

Sunshine, so sorry to hear about your trials. I know it must be so frustrating. But you attitude is so good, you'll get through this.

5jacks, great news, you must feel so proud of your hard work and dedication. Way to go.

I hear you all about the sweets. I was totally off sugar for two weeks and about mid-week last week, went a bit hogwild. I ate a whole bag of reeses pieces yesterday. I have not had a drink at all, so in that area I'm holding strong, but just tidbits of other things that are screwing with me!! AND, I am really lacking workout motivation. I think it is the extreme cold/weather we are having...it is like I suffer so I'm entitled to eat or be lazy...sheesh. Do you suppose "healthy" people struggle with these same issues? It was 24 below when I left for work yesterday, not counting the windchill! It is warmer today...above zero, but 20 below with the windchill! Warmer weather is coming.... sometime!!

Mommi-hammi---what does the sweet spot feel like for you? When you eat something...does it feel tight? I'm gonig in for a fill tomorrow...and I'm thinking only a 1/2 cc. I have a 10cc band (which holds more I hear) and am at 8 right now. I get stuck periodically, and sometimes daily, then it all goes away and I eat fine. I don't want to get to the point of Sunshine and have to start over tho...so I'm going to try to go slowly. But, I'm not dropping weight.

Mommi-hammi---what does the sweet spot feel like for you? When you eat something...does it feel tight?

Describing how this feels is wierd . . . it's almost like I just know when it is time to stop now . . . I mean, I have thrown up enough times that I should know, but never really did before now.

It is like - when I take a couple of bites and it gets tight in there, (not really miserable right away -that happens if I keep trying to eat) I know to stop. Another bite and I will lose it all. I have even figured out to just 'spit it out' if it is time so stop. Gross, but better than the alternative for sure.

I know that I am not going to be able to eat much at a time, so I think my head may have finally caught on. That said, I still order at restaurants like I can eat pre-band . . . That makes no sense! In fact, now - I would be perfect with a salad and a couple of bites of whatever either my husband or one of my kids are eating. Ordering an entree is the biggest waste, because I can't eat enough of it to get my moneys worth.

I still want to eat when I first wake up in the morning, but in reality - can't. If I try to choke something down (out of hard-headedness) it usually comes back up. God forbid I try to eat and drink first thing in the morning together.

Before I could sip something with my meals - now not at all! In fact, if I drink within a pretty good while (maybe 30 minutes) after eating, everything is prone to come back up.

I don't do well with most meats. I think the problem is with my not chewing enough though.

I have found that some days I am able to eat a little more than others, with the big word being 'little' - even on those days, I do not eat much.

I spent the first year thinking if I could eat then I was eating too much and needed a fill or if I couldn't eat then thinking I was too tight and needed to have some taken out. It is a wonder we haven't all lost our minds . . .

Sula - being where you are is so hard. If I had to chose between being able to eat vs. not (which can be the difference in TINY bit) I think I'd opt for not quite tight enough . . . Being physically unable to choke anything down is so miserable, and I lost NO weight during that time. Talk about disappointed!

I also had a tremendous amount of 'social anxiety' when I was so tight because I knew I wasn't going to be able to eat and it was just a matter of time before our friends started wondering what the heck was going on. (No one knows about my band). So, where I am now is perfect for me!

I don't feel like I have been much help, these are just my (rambling) thoughts. The main reason I haven't posted much is because I haven't felt like I could add anything, but hopefully now I am on the right track, I don't know how much I eat, I just know it is not much, and I am finally okay with that.

Good Luck to all of us !!!