Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Sunshine,

Hang in there. Before Christmas I wanted a slight fill I was already at 4.0 they tried to give me only .2cc's and I didn't even make it out of the office. My cup of Water stuck in my throat. So I guess I will be at 4.0 for while. Although I don't feel alot of restriction. I do know that it is there. A few weeks ago I guess I had gotten a little relaxed in my eating and was not chewing my food as carefully (that day for some reason I guess I had great restriction) I pb'd on part of a meatball and this lasted 2 1/2 hours before it stopped and the very very very small piece came up. I do nails and I was running back and forth to the bathroom for that period of time and trying also to keep up with my customers. Needless to say I think the stress of it all made things much worse.

All this to say that maybe 3.9cc's would be a huge difference than 3.8cc's it's so hard to tell! I thought I really had know restriction, but I guess I have more than I realized. I'm now content with my 4.0. I hope you get your restriction back soon I know how frustrating it can be, but you are doing great!

Debbie

banded

1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

Thanks Debbie. I do think I have some restriction right now because I had to slow down on eating my oatmeal this morning. So, I was happy about that.

I just need to get over my Quest for the perfect sweet spot and quit using the "no restriction" as an excuse. I realized that I am not losing weight because I have QUIT using the band as a tool and started letting the band do all the work. Well, it doesn't work that way. I am living proof, it just can't be done. So, I am really trying hard and I know I keep saying this, but I keep failing but I'm not going to give up! I haven't stepped on the scales because I know I've gained and I'm basically scared of what they are going to say. I am exercising, however, 80% of our weightloss is due to what we eat, and I know mine has not been good.

I went to the grocery store and I threw out all the junk in my house. I have threatened to tar and feather anyone who brings sweets into our house, and if they do, they better not let me find them or they are in big trouble. I moved the candy dish off my desk, I brought to work healthy Snacks like SF Jello, and fresh fruits and veggies. So I am putting a plan into place so I will not and cannot fail. If I get a fill in the next month, GREAT, if not, I am still not going to fall into the rut of eating just to be eating and just because I don't have restriction. I really do think that my mind is finally right, and I'm ready to get to my goal. I've set a personal goal that I will reach my goal weight by June so I better get started in order to reach it.

I have also made a rule at my house that I will not eat after 7:00 pm. Anything after that will only be non calorie liquids, like Water or some hot greet tea, period.

I will exercise everyday, no matter what! It felt so good yesterday to be on the elliptical machine. I was able to do 15 minutes without pain. This is a first for me, I was only able to do 5 min. before the pain would shoot thru my knee and I would force myself to do 10 min, and by the time I got off, my knee was swollen and I would have to ice it down. I'm so excited that I think I'm about to be able to kick my exercise up!

Okay, well, better get to work and quit rambling on about myself.

Sunshine,

It sounds like your doing all the right things. The weight will come off, we are so much better than we were this time last year. I'm having problem with sweets right now myself. Sometimes I think we can be our own worst enemy! Keep up the good work glad your knee is better!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c161/g145

Hey Guys!

I have been off line for a couple of weeks. I have been working with my husband and not at home much lately.

How is everyone doing?

I have still been meeting with my trainer 2 times a week.

I feel out of the loop. Any updates?

Babygotback

That is great Maria! Congratulations!

Cindi, you look beautiful and years younger!!

Baby, sorry about the family problems, I will be careful about my posts.

I am doing really well...FINALLY.

Thanks guys!

I don't know why they have to feel like it is their business to know mine. I have a family member who just had some cosmetic surgury,and of course she doesn't want ANYONE to know, but was talking about me.

Why do they do that?

Thanks guys!

Hi everyone.

I still haven't lost a single oz. I am getting a tiny unfill today so that might help. I have started a food journal and am writing down every morsel even if it isn't a good or correct choice. So far I am eating exactly the amount to maintain my weight BUT with my exercise it should be ideal to lose slowly. If I still don't lose, I will eat 200 calories per day less and see if that helps and just continue to try that.

I'm not very motivated and very discouraged but not depressed like I was a couple of weeks ago. The food journal shows me that I certainly have room for improvement.

Sunshine, Juno, Debbie, Mommi, 5jacks - you are my inspiration and it makes such a difference in my life to read about your victories, struggles, thoughts and dreams - thank you.

HI all,

I got a 1/2 cc fill yesterday, hopefully that will help out some. I hve not exercised a lick this week, other than surviving the snow (shoveling) and cold (shivering).

My fill doc said something to the effect that we are nearing the end of what he can do for fills (I'm at 7.5 in a 10cc VG band) and that I'll just have to do the work the old fashioned way. I'm feeling a bit of panic over that. When I compare my fill to what others have with their 4cc bands and how restricted they can get, I don't understand it. I'm not giving up but I'm feeling a bit scared.

Jens..the food journal helps me. But I think I'm at the point where I need to go below 1000 calories per day. And of course exercise more.

Sula,

Based on the class last night that I attended with my doctor's dietician/personal trainer we should NOT go under 1200 calories unless it is occasionally. She says it is more about tweaking what we eat - making it quality food, upping the type, intensity, amount of time and frequency of our exercise and getting our Water. She said if we decrease our calories too much our bodies will shut down just like a fire with too little fuel. She also said it is very important to eat several times a day. She also says that after a large weight loss the body has to adjust and that is a time when we are to just be patient and focus on keeping it off - not additional loss.

This all helped me to hear, maybe it will help you a little?

I finally received my call from the hospital to schedule my fill - YAY. I am so glad that the doctor that does fills has started doing them more than 1 day a week now. He used to do them only on Fridays, and it would take 2 months to get in to see him. Now he is doing them on Tuesdays and Fridays. From my last two fills, having them done on a Friday and having to go back to the hospital on a Saturday was not working out, so I made sure I got this one scheduled for the Tuesday. So I get to go back Feb. 12!

Also, I forgot to mention that something weird happened to my port. I have been having this horrible pain off and on where my port is. I posted some under the complications thread, but it actually felt like my port was ripping away from my side, I figured it was muscle spasms, I get those a lot when I get low on potassium, so I was eating bannans and that still wasn't helping. Anyhow, when I got this last fill, the doctor said my port was laying side ways, it is trying to flip. He was still able to get my fill in by pushing on it, however, last night, I felt some more ripping, so I sure hope when I go for my fill he is able to get one in. The problem he said is that I don't have much fat around my stomach area, and I've lost so much weight, it is a common problem. If it creates problems, they will have to relocate it. I'm hoping I can get this fill in and then won't really need another fill, so I'm a bit worried about having a flipped port.

Sula - I've noticed that I cannot lose weight if I go above 1000 calories, I have to stick to around 800 to 1000 in order to lose, anything about 1000 usually stalls me. Even when I'm exercising.

BGB - glad to see you online, I've been wondering where you have been. I've started my exercising again, but I would love to have a personal trainer. I'm thinking that in March I might get one. I'm trying to pay our cruise off first, (still owe $5K) and then I can have some extra money for a personal trainer. I would love to be able to wear a bikini on my next cruise (June 29th).:frown:

Jen - hang in there, I do think that sometimes our bodies just refuses to let go of our fat. I was watching the Biggest Loser (I'm totally addicted to this show) and these people are working out 5 to 8 hours a day, with personal trainers, and some weeks they may lose 10 lbs, other weeks, 0. The trainer said sometimes the body just refuses to let go. I also have learned from experience that inches usually come before the scale will move. It sometimes takes 8 to 9 weeks of exercising and eating 100 % perfect and then the scale starts moving. So don't give up, I think a lot of us are struggling - it must be the 1 year curse? lol.

I have an appointment today with my opthamologist to check my eyes out, I'm hoping my vision has improved even more. My eyes are still pretty dry, but are getting better. I can see pretty clear, just having a slight blurred vision in the distant, but this is common, my DH experienced it to, and by 1 month post op, he was 20/15 and no side effects. He still has a little dry eyes,but he had them before surgery.

Well, gotta run...................

I finally received my call from the hospital to schedule my fill - YAY. I am so glad that the doctor that does fills has started doing them more than 1 day a week now. He used to do them only on Fridays, and it would take 2 months to get in to see him. Now he is doing them on Tuesdays and Fridays. From my last two fills, having them done on a Friday and having to go back to the hospital on a Saturday was not working out, so I made sure I got this one scheduled for the Tuesday. So I get to go back Feb. 12!

Also, I forgot to mention that something weird happened to my port. I have been having this horrible pain off and on where my port is. I posted some under the complications thread, but it actually felt like my port was ripping away from my side, I figured it was muscle spasms, I get those a lot when I get low on potassium, so I was eating bannans and that still wasn't helping. Anyhow, when I got this last fill, the doctor said my port was laying side ways, it is trying to flip. He was still able to get my fill in by pushing on it, however, last night, I felt some more ripping, so I sure hope when I go for my fill he is able to get one in. The problem he said is that I don't have much fat around my stomach area, and I've lost so much weight, it is a common problem. If it creates problems, they will have to relocate it. I'm hoping I can get this fill in and then won't really need another fill, so I'm a bit worried about having a flipped port.

Sula - I've noticed that I cannot lose weight if I go above 1000 calories, I have to stick to around 800 to 1000 in order to lose, anything about 1000 usually stalls me. Even when I'm exercising.

BGB - glad to see you online, I've been wondering where you have been. I've started my exercising again, but I would love to have a personal trainer. I'm thinking that in March I might get one. I'm trying to pay our cruise off first, (still owe $5K) and then I can have some extra money for a personal trainer. I would love to be able to wear a bikini on my next cruise (June 29th).:lol:

Jen - hang in there, I do think that sometimes our bodies just refuses to let go of our fat. I was watching the Biggest Loser (I'm totally addicted to this show) and these people are working out 5 to 8 hours a day, with personal trainers, and some weeks they may lose 10 lbs, other weeks, 0. The trainer said sometimes the body just refuses to let go. I also have learned from experience that inches usually come before the scale will move. It sometimes takes 8 to 9 weeks of exercising and eating 100 % perfect and then the scale starts moving. So don't give up, I think a lot of us are struggling - it must be the 1 year curse? lol.

I have an appointment today with my opthamologist to check my eyes out, I'm hoping my vision has improved even more. My eyes are still pretty dry, but are getting better. I can see pretty clear, just having a slight blurred vision in the distant, but this is common, my DH experienced it to, and by 1 month post op, he was 20/15 and no side effects. He still has a little dry eyes,but he had them before surgery.

Well, gotta run...................

I am sorry to hear about your port!

Why does that happen? If is stiched into our muscle wall so what does our fat do? I have had very little fat the whole tiime since I had a Tummy Tuck 3 1/2 years ago and Lipo.

Do you do a lot of situps? I still don't do them since I am afriad of straining the area.

I have been sooooooooo busy!!!! I am working from home but man, your own businesses take a lot of time!

I am glad to be back!

I'm back! I've missed y'all, and have been reading furiously to catch up on everyone:)

We lost our "cabbaged on" internet connection here at home, and had FIOS installed today for TV, phone & internet. So all new (and all ours...LOL), and I'm able to get back on the boards. I'd do it at work, but as my office is arranged, people can view my screen from behind me. That's a no go.

Sounds like some of us are struggling...add me to the list!! When I went for a fill 3 weeks ago, I didn't get one because the stress of my son's accident was making me too tight. So basically no fill for almost 2 months.

I made an emergency trip to Big D today to get a fill (gal who fills me was gonna be out next week). But I'm jumping ahead!

I had the endoscope to see how things looked from the inside out. The Dr. who did it is in partnership with my Dr., and was happy with my loss, until I UNLOADED my frustrations on him (really! I hadn't even had the twilight drugs yet! Poor man)! Conceded that almost 100lbs in a year was good, but that it had been 3 months, and the scale has only moved 7-10 pounds...despite my try try trying.

After the procedure, he told me he thought I might have a stretched pouch...not really measurable from the endoscope...but if I was hungry, eating to much, and not getting full, that a stretch was possible. GADS! I was almost happy! I didn't want an excuse, but a reason might be nice!!!

So, back to today. I did the flouro thing, and guess what? No stretch. I just needed a dang fill! OMG! Sometimes, I want to scream. You think I'd know these things...but now I am at 9.1 in my 10cc band. Not much wiggle room left. But already, I only had about 5 bites of Protein during dinner, and the stop signs reappeared. I may have restriction again. My nurse told me to quit fretting...band is good, no stretch...quit trying to diet! If I am thinking of food, if I am eating too much, if I am hungry, I NEED A FILL! Didn't we all learn this? I am just surprised I was fighting it (and losing the battle) and blaming myself. She just told me to let the band help. Really...I felt like I was doing all the work, unsuccessfully, and beating myself up over it.

Whew! Sorry for the vent! Onward!

I've been keeping up the exercise, 4-5 times a week, adding a bit more each day. Now I am doing at leat 1-1.5 hrs of hard cardio (with some HIIT), and hitting the weight training 3 times a week at least. Concentrating on adding more abs work, and lats. I hate my "back boobs".

Personal news - celebrated bandiversary at a real fine resturant. Son is getting some feeling back and moving fingers a bit. Daughter is still moving out...slow transition is good for both of us! Other daughter is going the winter formal dance this week. Business is (unfortunately) very good, and busy. Will head t the lake house this weekend for some much needed R&R.

ok, ok..i'll quit yapping. Just glad to be back!

Hello everyone,

I haven’t been on my computer so much lately. Tax time is a very busy time of year for me. However, I did want to check back in and say hey.

I received very good news today during my routine visit with my cardiologist. My blood pressure has been consistently normal for 3 months, my cholesterol levels are good and my lever function tests are all normal. He is taking me off my cholesterol medicine, but will recheck in a month without the meds to make sure I am still maintaining good levels.

Lynn, your experience sounds so similar to mine. Dr. Spivak is my doctor and I once had a slight unfill after being way too tight for 2 months. After the unfill back to 2.2cc I was still somewhat restricted but not really enough to call it my sweet spot. I went back and had .2cc added to get to a total of 2.4 and “dare I say” it does feel right! Your description of the sweet spot is exactly how I feel now. One thing that is apparent is that if I feel full, I stop and I must not sip any liquids for at least 30 minutes. I used to think a little sip would help get unstuck, but now I know better.

Lisa – happy bandiversary a little late. I hope you can figure out the way to post pictures, I’d love to see them. 90 pounds lost is awesome

Debbie – I think you are right about stress. I think it makes a big difference in my restriction too.

Tonya – that is a great idea about not eating after 7:00pm. The nights are the times when I can eat the most, and I would lose more if I could eliminate all eating after 7:00. How are is your vision. Lasik is such an improvement over the previous surgeries to correct vision. I had an RK back in 1985. I’m still glad I did it and passed my driver’s license test this week without any correction. Oh, I forgot to mention the twinges by my port. My doctor told me that is common after weight loss. My port has not flipped, but that is sometimes the start of movement. I hope I’m at the right fill now. All the rest of my fills will be self-pay.

BabyGotBack – glad to see you back here. I have been taking my quickslim and I do think it helps with appetite control. I have lost another 5 pounds! Yea. I also had a stomach virus and didn’t feel like eating at all during that time. I hope your get some “me” time to unwind and do some fun things.

Sula, I don’t understand your doctor’s comments about being near the end of what he can do. I have the 4cc band, but I would think you could have more in your 10. If you don’t have enough restriction, well, you just don’t. Can’t they add more?

Cindi – I’m glad you are back and that you don’t have a dilated pouch. Your efforts will be rewarded I’m sure. Plateaus are so hard to work through. Enjoy your R&R

Thanks to all of you for your inspiration and encouragement. Coming here to read about our struggles and victories helps me tremendously.

Tulip - Congrats on the great reports at your heart doc...I know he (she) is proud of you! Getting off meds is a good feeling. When I went in for the scope they went thru the list of medications I had given them over a year ago and asked if I still took any of them. Only one! Seems like I was on so many..this ache, that pain...all gone now. Not happy with my wildly fluctuating BP lately, though. Yesterday, it was 164/98 when I went in...told them to take it again in 5 minutes - then it came back to 121/70. White coat hypertension, LOL!

Not happy with my wildly fluctuating BP lately, though. Yesterday, it was 164/98 when I went in...told them to take it again in 5 minutes - then it came back to 121/70. White coat hypertension, LOL!

I have that white coat syndrom too. It usually happened to me because I had to get on the scale... but that isn't the cuase anymore- Ha! No really my blood pressure is nothing to laugh at, sometimes high, sometimes normal. I'm glad yours came back down to normal.

Someone please help me....

I can't seem to figure out how to insert a picture.

I even had my sister (who works with computers all day!)help me last night and she couldn't figure it out either!!

Was on another thread that said to go to Manage attachments (below) and select from my files to attach. I can do that, then I press upload and can't seem to find anything after that! I also can't copy/paste. Anyone know how and can explain it to a computer idiot?????