Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

I'm here too . . .

Hang in there Tonya - I have no doubt you'll get back on track in no time.

Where are you going on your next cruise?

My kids want to go to Hawaii this summer, but we have to work around baseball - I always end up paying way too much for a vacation because I can't book in advance.

Hi Everyone! I have been reading, but not posting...sorry! Sounds like everyone is anxious for Spring, and re-committing, that's a good thing. :lol:

I could do a little of that myself. My fill is still extremely tight, and I've been taking the Protonix to avoid reflux at night. Actually, for several weeks, lunch seems to be my only sit down meal...the only time I can eat "normally". I snack quick Protein for Breakfast, and nibble a bit thru/for dinner, but after 6-7PM, I try not to eat to avoid nighttime problems. Guess the band is so tight that food hangs in there forever...really no TRUE hunger in a loooong time.

Yesterday was full of Chinese food. Let's not talk about it.

Anyone else sorta "test" their band like I do? I try to release a small burp, and I can always feel what I assume is a mash of food at the mouth of the band...trying to bubble up and let air thru. Lets me know food is there, not time to eat. Weird, I know.

Mommi, I am happy you are home and managing. You know we can't wait for updates!!

Everyone at my house has been sick. Seems every day there's a doctor visit. DH has also had some VERY high BP, and is now on new medicines. Scared me. He kept saying the BP machine he bought must be broken, it was so high. I hit full panic when I took mine (110/60), and realized the machine was close to right. He's one of those, "my job is to take care of everyone else, I'll be fine" kinda guy. Hard headed cowboy. My son's hand is not progressing as surgeon wishes, and he will need additional surgery to remove the metal plate and clean out scar tissue so he can get more movement.

And oh, I miss my daughter. Being independent and 21 aside, I miss her being home in the evenings.She gets lonely, but she loves her new apartment, and will adapt when people start coming outdoors with the warm weather.

Ok, I've wined enough. Miss talking to everyone...give a shout, and let us know what's up!:rolleyes:

Okay Lynn, when you feel like it, I would love to see the after pics! Glad you are doing great!

Cindi - glad to hear everyone is getting better, the sickness sure is going around. I had my flu shot this year, but I hear the type of flu going around is not protected by this shot.

Well, I'm off work this morning - took a vacation day. I am heading out to my eye doc to have her check my eyes out. I'm hoping I have 20/15, but we'll see.

Talk to everyone later.

Hey all,

I've been remiss and neglecting my support group here and I think it not a good thing for me. I'm going to stay in touch more and maybe that will get me back in the groove of things! I am, however, traveling the rest of the week, so I may not be here for a few days, but after that...I need to stay connected. I do better and I'm just wallowing. No exercise, not eating real well (not terrible either, but...) and not losing. So, you're stuck with me!!

Hope you are all doing well. I wish spring were here...it seems to rejuvenate me.

Well, went to the doc yesterday and I get to FINALLY come off my steroids, so I'm hoping the weight will start falling off. It's horrible the weight gain i've had. And not eating right is not helping either.

Shawn - yes, I think we are all struggling and need to hang close to the thread so we can get and give support. I know I'm having a hard time but trying to overcome it. Damn that chocolate!

Tonya, Great news about your eyes. I'm sure you will a difference now with being off the steroids. And I hear you about the chocolate. I'm PMS-ing or something...craving sweets, which I don't do very often, but alas...I am now. So much for my successful 5 day pouch test, get off carbs!! :biggrin:

Been questioning whether to get a slight unfill for days now. Can anyone give me some insight??

I LOVE the restriction I have...I feel full ALL the time, but problem is pouch literally does not empty. I find I cannot eat "3 " meals a day, literally maybe 1 meal, with small Snacks, which makes my metabolism crawl. Then at night, some reflux adventures, despite medication. I stop eating hours and hours before sleep, take meds, Clear Liquids, prop on pillows, but sometimes to no avail. Not every night, maybe 1 - 2 nights a week.

I've been here before. I know in my heart I should probably get .1 or .2 taken out, but just .3 ago (my last fill), I was able to - and did- eat way too much. My gal at the fill center said a month ago that maybe finally, I am pretty much learning what it's like to feel true restriction... to eat like a bandster...no bread, or pasta...not a pinch or a noodle. That this is the restriction most people feel.

I feel the "sludge" feeling all the time. Have tried hot clear liquids to try to get pouch to empty, no avail. So...major changes in eating have become necessary, and I've not perfected it yet, so I have nightime difficulties. In the middle of the night I swear to myself I'll go in for an unfill, but then don't, and instead try not to piss off my band by eating incorrectly. Even 3 or 4 cashews will now sludge and plug me up. I have gotten back to using Protein Shakes occasionally. But come high noon, I can eat just fine!

If I get an unfill I am afraid my less than stellar willpower will kick in and weight loss will stall again. If I stay where I am, tough it out (dr said give it a try), the weight loss may help alieviate the reflux as band 'loosens'. This hasn't happened yet.

I am rambling...sorry! But this really bugs me.

Ok, work on eating correctly (no irritating foods), tough it out til I lose some, or go for an unfill, and hope my willpower kicks in? Both require willpower, don't they? It isn't horrible reflux, and latest swallows show no stretching, all is fine.

But what would y'all do?? Help!!

I feel ya Cindi -

I had a Tummy Tuck two weeks ago and opted not to get an un-fill before.

I was fine for the first few days, but as the swelling intensified, so did my restriction. As I type this, my tea is 'gurgling' back in my throat . . .

What to do ??? I am going to try to 'wait it out' because - my restriction was perfect before the TT, and because it took an entire year to get to that 'perfect' spot. (That is why I decided not to get an un-fill, despite the warning from both my band doctor and PS.) Did I mention I am a little hard-headed?

I guess if it stays like this for another week or so, I'll have to get a little taken out, but I sure do hate to do that. I am hoping that as the swelling goes down, then my restriction will return to the wonderful, pre-PS state . . .

The wierd thing is I can eat almost a regular size (bandster size) meal late in the day - ???

Oh, and for the record - I'm not losing a ton of weight either, and that sucks . . .

So now that I have hit my 100 lbs mark I NEED TO STOP LOSING WEIGHT lol. God, I never thought I would be saying that...EVER. I had a stomach virus yesterday which took me right over that threshold. By the way, the stomach virus sucked!!! I meet with the nutrionist tomorrow, and can hopefully get in to see my surgeon to discuss a slight unfill. I have to talk about my eating habits with my nutrionist, and my food journal. What??? I have never kept a food journal, and my eating habits are deplorable. Oh well, guess I have to face the music.

Cindi, I think .1 unfill might make it perfect. You could always add .1 back in, but try it and see if it help.

Angyl - congratulations on your 100 loss!!!! Awesome!

I feel ya Cindi -

What to do ??? I am going to try to 'wait it out' because - my restriction was perfect before the TT, and because it took an entire year to get to that 'perfect' spot. (That is why I decided not to get an un-fill, despite the warning from both my band doctor and PS.) Did I mention I am a little hard-headed?

LYNN, WE MUST START A CLUB...HARD HEADED BANDSTERS! Of course the debate would be who would be our leader, both of us being so hard headed. I know exactly what you mean. It took 1 yr, 1 month to get "real" restriction. But the discomfort makes me edgy...I don't want more problems than just my discomfort!

I guess if it stays like this for another week or so, I'll have to get a little taken out, but I sure do hate to do that. I am hoping that as the swelling goes down, then my restriction will return to the wonderful, pre-PS state . . .

I feel like it might!

Oh, and for the record - I'm not losing a ton of weight either, and that sucks . . .

Me either. My workouts are reshaping my body dramatically (to the point where even my worst critic - myself - can see the changes), but very little poundage going away. It is sooooo frustrared, but I feel like eventually, something's gotta give!

Hope your healing is progressing. We are all waiting to see photos and be jealous!

So now that I have hit my 100 lbs mark I NEED TO STOP LOSING WEIGHT lol. God, I never thought I would be saying that...EVER. I had a stomach virus yesterday which took me right over that threshold. By the way, the stomach virus sucked!!! I meet with the nutrionist tomorrow, and can hopefully get in to see my surgeon to discuss a slight unfill. I have to talk about my eating habits with my nutrionist, and my food journal. What??? I have never kept a food journal, and my eating habits are deplorable. Oh well, guess I have to face the music.

Congrats to you, Angyl!! That is awesome, I know you feel great (sans the stomach flu...YUK!) 100 lbs to me is the point where most folks don't even look like the same person.

Food journal? Nutrionist? Don't have either one. Probably could benefit from it tho! Obviously your habits are NOT deplorable!:thumbdown:

Cindi, I think .1 unfill might make it perfect. You could always add .1 back in, but try it and see if it help.

quote]

Tonya, you're always the voice of reason! Thank you! You really think .1cc would make a difference? I may go ahead and give my girl a call. I mean, it's not like I'm losing a ton of weight with such a tight fill...if you follow me! She has reminded me several times that tight doesn't = weight loss, nor = a good place to be. I just enjoy the restriction, but you're right...probably too much.

Cindi - on my last un-fill, I needed 'so little' taken out, that they didn't even withdraw all of the Fluid and then fill me back up. They just inserted the needle and removed about 3-4 DROPS and that made all the difference in the world! It is CRAZY how such a tiny amount can matter so much.

I am really tight this morning and was yesterday too. I go back to see my PS tomorrow and may have to swing by my wonderful band doctors office and have a couple more 'drops' taken out . . . Grrrr! I don't want to because I know when the swelling goes down I'll be too loose again.

About the pics - I don't have any yet, sorry. I am such a doofus that I didn't take any 'before' pics and haven't taken any since the Tummy Tuck either. My PS took enough to make me cringe and hopefully I will be able to get a copy of those. I will post those if I do.

I am really wishing I had taken some (pictures) at this point because it would be nice to have them to compare to . . .