Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Angyl - I am checking back here for an update from you . . . Please let us know that you are doing okay.

Wow, what a journey! Ok, so i had the "emergency" surgery. I guess my doctor was worried about my symptoms and the fact that my port was all out of wack. The surgery was finally at 6 pm last night. I have no idea what he did to me but I was admitted and spent the night at the hospital...and I was in a great deal of pain. According to what my mom said the doctor shortened the cathedar because it was so long from having lost so much weight. He re-attached the port...again. And he completely unfilled my band. My mom said something about pushing stuff around. No clue what that means...she's super helpful! Good news is, even tho it's just Clear liquids, I CAN EAT. It feels so so good. I'm not worried about choking or getting sick or gross stomach acid. That piece of mind is worth the EXCRUCIATING PAIN I am experiencing from the trapped gas. I never had the trapped gas before. I was real lucky. This is so awful. I can't even do anything by means of pain relief because I have a midterm to study for that is tomorrow. I am in cram mode right now =( On the weird side the doctor told me he wants me to gain some weight. I think 5 lbs would be good. I feel like my skin is kinda pale and my face is looking a little withdrawn. I have to stop obsessing with the number on the scale, and be more concerned with how I look.

So, let's hope this is the beginning to me being able to fully enjoy my weight loss. Thanks for the support...and for checking up, Lynn.

Good to hear from you Angyl - Bless your heart! How in the world can you focus on a mid-term while you are in pain ??? I hope you feel much better very soon and that you kick some serious butt on that test! :cheers2:

Hi Baby ~

I wanted to ask you if after your TT you used anything special to help with the scarring?

I ordered some silicone sheets (off of Make Me Heal.com) that my PS recommended, but haven't started using them yet because I still have a few stitches that are working their way out and he said all of the stitches and scabs need to be gone before I start with the sheets.

I am curious about the redness around my belly-button . . . Do you (or does anyone else) know of something that will help that fade?

I know you mentioned massaging the incision Baby - if you wouldn't mind, would you be more specific as to exactly what you did and for how long and how your results were?

I am 4 weeks post-op from my TT now and am really anxious to get on with the 'healing' of this incision - it is not pretty.

Oh, and - I still haven't taken any pictures, sorry . . .

Thanks in advance,

Good to hear from you Angyl - Bless your heart! How in the world can you focus on a mid-term while you are in pain ??? I hope you feel much better very soon and that you kick some serious butt on that test! :thumbdown:

Wow, the midterm did not go well. Good thing is I am in school for my masters in social work...so I can pull the empathy card. I had already left the professor a message from the hospital, and spoken with her last night. I thought I could pull it off. I thought wrong lol. I'm pretty sure I can make it up if I did as poorly as I think I did.

But why did I get on the scale 2 days after surgery? You think by now I would KNOW better. I am up 8 lbs. I know it is all surgical bloat and the gas that is still comfortably attacking all of my muscles and every other crevice of my internal body. I guess the gas was more tolerable when I was heavier because there were more places for it to go.

I ate 5 Ritz crackers today. No restriction. I'm nervous. This is gonna be tough for me. I have the nutritionist on Tuesday. Ugh...

Hi Angyl - Ohhhh, I am sorry to hear that the test didn't go well, but I have to tell you - GIRL YOU ROCK!!! I can't imagine even TAKING a test a day or two after surgery. Surely your professor will work with you on it . . . Keep us posted.

Any weight gain that shows up on the scale at this point is Fluid, so don't let it worry you one bit. I did the same thing after my TT - I guess it is a lifetime of watching the scale that makes us torture ourselves like that, I don't know, but there is NO way you've gained any in the last few days.

And about being able to eat 5 Ritz crackers . . . that (in my opinion) is not too much. Now - understand that there was a time I would have rushed like a crazy woman to my band doctor insisting I needed a fill if I'd been able to eat 5 crackers, but after 2 different episodes of being way tooooo tight, I now understand that it really is okay to be ABLE to eat, moderation really is the key and the band (when properly adjusted) will help you with that.

I would say that for at least the first year I had the band I had no concept of how much I really should be eating. I thought if I was physically ABLE to eat, then my little silicone buddy must not be tight enough. In my case, nothing was further from the truth . . .

So, without trying to sound like your mother :wub: - don't think just because you can eat 5 crackers that you don't have restriction. I would say give it some time because your band may be in a little bit of shock after your surgery.

I chose not to get an un-fill before my TT and have had some very tight days since, but in the long-run, I think it is going to be okay. My thought is, as the swelling goes down, hopefully it will return to my pre-TT state, that was PERFECT for the first time in a year.

Have a great Sunday - Happy Easter . . .

Hey Angyl,

Sounds like some rough times...so sorry this is happening to you. Wow, what a time.

And just an interesting side note--I got my MSW in 1996 and have been in private practice for years. Love it. Congrats on your schooling.

Hey Angyl,

Sounds like some rough times...so sorry this is happening to you. Wow, what a time.

And just an interesting side note--I got my MSW in 1996 and have been in private practice for years. Love it. Congrats on your schooling.

It has been pretty rough. I am just looking forward to a healthy recovery and a period of more than 1 month of not being sick! That would be fantastic. I am frustrated today though because I am still showing an 8 lbs weight gain on the scale, and so bloated in my midsection. I also haven't gone to the bathroom yet...since Wednesday. I cannot imagine that as being good. I am going to the doctor's office tomorrow to meet with the nutritionist, so if the situation does not resolve itself by then I'll let her know. The problem is that I return to work tomorrow...what in the world am I going to wear!!! I have been getting by with sweats for the last few days since those are the only things that are not form fitting, but I might get looked at funny if I show up tomorrow in head to toe fleece. lol wish me luck!

Hey all, just checking in. Life has been hectic but trying to keep control. I was so frusterated at my DH last night, I took it out on the eliptical machine! I told him he needs to make me mad everyday so I can take my frustration out in the gym. lol.

I am so ready for my fill, and so frustrated too. Seems I am tighter one day, then wide open the next. I just don't know what to do.

Jen - my port is doing the same thing, it is starting to flip, the doc says the same thing that it is because I've lost so much weight. It hasn't completely flipped yet, but it is laying on its side and he can still give me fills.

I hope your pain goes away soon.

Well, I just wanted to check in with everyone because I haven't been here in a week or so.

Talk to everyone later.

Not too thrilling. She told me everything I already know...blah blah blah Protein blah blah blah portion control...don't drink and eat! This diet plan looks so unrealistic, I guess especially with everything that I have been through. My optimal day is:

B: 1 protein (1 oz)

1 fruit

1 starch

1 fat

Snack: (jello, team, broth, popsicle, etc)

L: 2 protein

1 vegetable

1 starch

1 fruit

snack

D: 3 protein

1 vegetable

1 fruit

1 fat

I haven't been on a regimented "diet plan" in so long, getting back into the swing of things is gonna be tough. Looks like a few weeks of agony ahead...but hey, anything to get healthy!

Udpate: I still have what looks like a small alien head protruding from the right side of my belly. It is very sexy, especially in my nice form-fitting button down shirt. Ohh la la! Pants...just...a...little...tight! I think I can, I think I can...

Tonya...same here..can't decide if it is time to get a fill as my restriction varies day to day. I don't think it is so good to PB on a daily basis. Wonder, tho, if that is what other people endure to get the weight off quicker. Beats me. AARRGGGG

I wish there were some guidelines sometimes, but I guess because we are all so different...you can't set anything down.

Tonya...same here..can't decide if it is time to get a fill as my restriction varies day to day. I don't think it is so good to PB on a daily basis. Wonder, tho, if that is what other people endure to get the weight off quicker. Beats me. AARRGGGG

I wish there were some guidelines sometimes, but I guess because we are all so different...you can't set anything down.

I can speak from experience about what some people have to endure to get weight off quicker. Trust me, you'd much rather take it slow and steady. I am so happy finally feeling like I am going to be getting better.

Hey everyone! Haven't poked my keys lately, but have been reading. Jen, glad things are looking up, you've really been through it! That "diet" sound...well, ugh! I could so not be that regimented. Let us know if it is in reality more doable than it sounds!:)

My mom is in from Florida visiting this week, so days are packed with shopping, eating out, entertaining, etc. My fill is still tight, so no worries there. Got her a visitor membership at my health club - she went with me this morning. She's 75, and did the treadmill, some weight machines and some stability ball exercises! She's naturally thin (and tall - what the heck happened to her daughter?!?), and lives on an island in the gulf. She's an avid walker and golfer, but never exercised in an indoor environment...she liked it!

Some family members still fighting the flu, otherwise all is well. Just plugging along, not much to contribute. Oh! One disturbing thing, the gal that has always done my fills for over a year now has resigned. We became friends, which makes it hard...I trusted her, it never hurt, great support, always accessible, etc. Now will 'restart' with someone else, who has no records but the records, which bothers me. The one (2?) occasions I had someone else do a fill they were less than skilled. Feeling a little out of it about this.

Have a great week everyone...what's going on with you?

Cindi - hope everyone in your house recovers quickly. That flu is nasty stuff!

Shawn - I totally agree with you, I wish there was some type of guideline that really told you what the sweet spot is? I don't PB, nor do I want to PB. But I would like to PB if I take too big of bites, or eat too much etc. Right now, no matter what I do, I don't PB. weird. I do have some restriction, but just not quite where I need to be yet.

Jen - Glad you are feeling better. The Alien poking out is funny.

Well, gotta run....nothing really new here either to contribute. I'm working out now again, so I am hoping to lose this weight and see the scales start to move down again! I'm keeping a food journal, good or bad, I'm writing it down. I'm noticing I have a huge problem in the evening time!