Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Hey everyone...I need help. Anyone know who manufactures a TRUSTY and well made low profile port? I am close to becoming homicidal with my doctor and refuse to ask him to do anything outside of the norm for me. He said if I can find the port he will order it for me...and put it in. YAY, ANOTHER surgery. Please, any information would really help me...and my doctor, before I assault him.

Here you go -

Bard® Titanium Low-Profile port

I just came from my fill #10. He did it different this time, he did not take all my saline out and just added some. I think I'm finally where I need to be.

The last time I had pretty good restriction, but not quite enough I was at 3.8cc, he filled me to 4.0 and then that is where my troubles began.

The last fill, he filled me to 3.5 cc's, this time he added .4 ccs in, which would put me at 3.9cc's. All along, I've told him I think 3.9 cc's would be the perfect amount, I think he finally listened to me and that is where I am now.

So time will tell. Right now, I'm pretty tight I can tell, however, its in the am and I'm always tighter in the morning,then come evening, I'm wide open. So we'll see how I do this evening. I will be on liquids all day today and tomorrow then to mushies and then to regular food.< /p>

I am so excited that I might finally be at my sweet spot after 10 fills and 15 months of trying!

Hello all

I have been away for a longtime. I am doing well. It's good to be back I have to update my profile to chart my outstanding progress. I will do it tomorrow. Going to bed now.

Hi my friends,

I've been awol for a bit...busy with stuff...and doing okay. My weight is up and down still...nothing new there and I've not been exercising. Lots of excuses of course, but really, I need to get my head in the journey again. I've missed being here but really have been so busy that it hasn't been my stopping off place...but after I catch up with reading I'll try to get back on board!

Good to see you both, purpose & sula! I understand about the struggles, TRUST ME!

My weight has gotten out of control, I was so depressed and couldn't figure out why I was gaining.

I finally got my fill yesterday, I do have some restriction, but I really still don't think I'm at my sweet spot. I will see what happens, I'm going to give it some time and see if I get tighter. Either way, I've had 10 fills now and I'm tired of them so I'm going to have to make it work this time. No more excuses for me.

I finally took a good look at what I was eating. I was eating larger portions than bandsters should and I was snacking a lot. So, I have started measuring my food again and I'm doing the 5 day pouch test since I just had a fill. So, I haven't weighed, but I can already feel the difference in my clothes.

I've been exercising, but not as hard as I want to. I'm kicking it up some this week.

Well, I'll check back later.

I just read the previous posts...I too am a fair weather poster. Altho I have been busy, that isn't the best excuse, because I do get on the computer several times daily. I have one at work and at home. So, obviously I don't want to be serious about my weight loss. Up and down since Oct/Nov. I do good with my first meal of the day...then at lunch rather than really paying attention, I will buy a taco salad or something. I know that isn't bad, but the portion is. I can put it away most of the time. Then, my eating dinner late at night. I generally get home from work at around 8 and sit down after that. I should do a Protein drink or something light. I eat a meal. Not always a bad meal, just once in a while....but I think it all counts. And then I'll some days have wine. By it's self, not a bad routine, but consistently I think is shooting me down. Habits...hard to break. And of course, no walking or consistent exercise. I'm not so worried about that, because I will get to doing it. I'm just waiting out the weather and the light (mornings at 6 is still dark)

I am thinking about getting another fill. I don't know....I sort of want to be so restricted I just can't over eat at all...and put up with some PB's. At least until I get some movement on the scale. Is that bad thinking?

I have periodically used the slimquic, but it appears to have lost its effectiveness. The first go round was good...but I haven't really noticed anything this time.

Anyway, thanks for listening. I'll get after it one of these days. I still have lost 53 pounds...nothing wrong with that. :rolleyes:

Sula - nothing wrong with 53 lbs at all! Congrats!

I am still wondering about this fill, I just new I would feel tighter and be finally at my sweet spot. Grrrr. I am a little tighter, but I can still eat regular bites of food. Should I be able to eat bread, steak, and all that stuff? I think I am just going to live with this fill for awhile and see how I do. I'm hoping it kicks in a little tighter in a few weeks. Another thing, I am getting close to TOM, so I'm always loser right before, then I get tight during - so we'll see how it goes.

On a good note, I worked out hard last night, my arms feel like Jello. I know tomorrow I will be so sore! But it sure feels good making exercise a part of my life again. I really did miss it! I'm just ready to see the scales start moving again. I will weigh on Monday. It seems I bounce from 175 all the way to 188, back and forth.

Last November I was down to 165, what the hell happened? Oh well, it time to take charge, and kick some butt! I WILL be at goal by my 2 yr band anniversary! No doubt, I'm not giving up!

This has nothing to do with weightloss, but my mare, Gracie, just foaled a beautiful filly. AND for once, I got to see if beginning to end. I just put her in the barn this morning because I thought she looked like she was getting close. When I got home from work, I checked on her and she was a little sweatie so I let her out in the corral for a while. I came back later and decided to make the bed in the camper and sleep there (next to the stall in the barn) and while I was doing my thing, she laid down and went into labor....about 9:20pm. This is my bestest horse and I'm SOOO excited to have caught her delivery!! I"m going to go out in a while (after I've warmed up a bit more) and see if she figured out where the spicuts are. We must have our first drink of colostrum, right? :scared2:)))

:sad_smile:

Oh man, you have to show us some pics.....I remeber seeing a baby calf born at my gpas farm.

My mom & dad just bought two more hourses, and they are about to breed, thats all my mom talks about are her hourses. lol.

Congratulations on your new baby!

You seem to be the same place I am. I get discouraged but am losing slowly. Right now I go between 175 and 180, up and down. I feel like the band is at a good place, have to watch what I eat. My problem is I like ice cream. It is too bad that sweets go down so easy.

Keep up the good work. I told my kids that it will take me the entire year to lose the next 20lbs.

Gerio - yep, we're about the same weight right now, its tough to get out of this plato for sure.

I am not that big on ice cream, I do like it, but my downfall is sweets in general. I am on day 6 or something like that without ANY sugar, so I'm slowly breaking my habit. I got into the habit last year, and I swear, Its like trying to quit smoking. (I've never smoked - but I'm thinking its similar). I put that darn cookie down, and then stress comes my way, and I pick the cookie up again. I swear, I eat a pack a day - lol. Trying to break my pack a day habit. lol.

The longer I am away from sweets, the easier it gets. The first few days were the hardest, but honesty, its getting better.

I just got back fronm the gym downstairs. I worked my quads & hamstrings, and calves. Tonight its cardio time and working my abs! Yes, life is finally going good again.

PS - 79 more days until my cruise to the Virgin Islands - My goal is to lose 20 to 25 lbs by then, can I do it? I'm going to give it my all!

I found artificial sweetner makes me crave sweets more, I'm trying to drink my coffee with reg sugar to see how that will work with the cravings and the weight. I have not lost anything in about 8 weeks. I'm getting very frustrated!!!! I'm happy with what Ilost but I just want to be at my GOAL WEIGHT!

Hi everyone:)

Sorry I haven't posted, but I have been reading!

Things are going well...weight loss is slowing, so I get really excited about every 1/2lb. loss. I was living with a too tight band for a long time, and have been in for 2 unfills in the past 2 weeks, total unfill of .5cc's, and I am pleased with the effects. I caught myself "emptying" my pouch (I know - how disgusting) one night before bed...just so I wouldn't get any reflux in the middle of the night. That was just wrong behavior. (Typing a confession...good for the soul...LOL!) Reflux wasn't terrible, maybe 1-2 nights a week, just enough to wake me. But, I could feel the day's food just sitting in my pouch. Forever. Not moving. So reflux was inevitable, I guess. 'Coughing' the contents out is just too simple for me. Nothing would actually get 'stuck' and cause that intense pain...it just wouldn't move on thru.

Had a flouro 2 weeks ago, and the stoma was slightly bulged above the band. So in my true, obsessive behavior mode, I started worrying about dialation, slippage, and more surgery. So...unfill time!

Nurse told me that a too tight band can actually stall weight loss. Duh. And, in actuality, I probably was eating too little, and the wrong foods. It is soooo hard to get over the 'less food, more weight loss' mentality!

Since the unfill, no reflux, (also, no problems eating...) and some immediate weight loss. Go figure. I really have to be careful of pouch packing...and start using self control on portions again. Everyone, please take care of your bands!

Exercise is going well...still 5x's a week, cardio, strength and core work. Body is mysteriously reshaping (!), and I even think PS may not be as neccessay as I once thought! Shoulder bones, hip bones...good to actually feel them again!

Other than band babble, kids all doing well, youngest graduating HS in a few weeks. Running to lakehouse every weekend, boating season is upon us! Now to find a swimsuit with some power-net to hold me in and last the season. Also some olympic style gardening is in my future!

We're coming up on our 1.5 year...It'll take me I figure 2 full years til goal...how about everyone else?

I think it will be a whole 2 years for me too! I had an unfill of .5 but no more weight loss. I have been stable. So can't complain...lol. I just need to get moving...lol and stay eating out of my little salad plate.