Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Hi all,

As I told you earlier I was having a horrible time with my restriction being way to tight. I had the flu and my stomach swelled blocking off the band. I had acid reflux like you wouldn't believe. I was only filled to 3.5. I had to have an unfil, he took out .5. I was so worried I would gain so decided to go to weight watchers to give me some good ideas about portions etc. also to give me a scale I needed to answer to...well, in the last 2 weeks I've lost 7 lbs. YEAH! Thought some of you might consider this because I know you are waiting to get your fills back like I am. I get my fill on April 10th and don't want to gain.

Good Luck,

Susie

Susie, congratulations!

Thats great about the weightloss. I get my next fill April 7th, and I cannot wait!

I've started planning my meals out this week, weighing and measuring my food. Seems to be working for me, I'm not even that hungry now. I think I still need just a slight fill, not much, just about .1 or .2 cc's. I am going to ask the doc to just add some in - he always takes all my fill out and then goes from there. I think he should just add a little and be done with it, but he always wants to take everything out, really bugs me.

Tonya, the alien is growing I think! I told my mom that I think I need a C section, seriously!!! I am so bloated in my midsection. I don't care. Well, I do, but I will deal with it. I think I may have to get the Fluid from the surgical area drained. It happened the last time I had surgery because there is a lot of scar tissue and my body has trouble healing over there. Whatever though, I promised myself I won't stress it. I have 3 weeks before I am going on vacation to Arizona. I used to live out there for 7 years, from 1993-2000. Went to school out there. Haven't been back since 2004, and haven't seen my friends in so so long. They have never seen me "not fat", so I am trying to make a real shocking impression. So how long is alien baby gestation, anyway?

I made an appointment with the doc for next Friday. I am being pre-emptive, considering the lengths by which I have to go through to get to see him under ordinary circumstances.

Aside from this little bloat issue, I am happy to say that I FEEL GREAT! I am so happy to be on the way back to healthy. I am eating like I have a tapeworm, but I don't care. After what I went through with the malnutrition, vomitting, restriction, etc. I just want to get my strength up and get my body healthy. I'll worry about the weight in 2 weeks...when I start up at the gym again...or when I get on the scale in the morning lol.

Oh well, goodnight ladies!!!

Jen - so glad you are feeling on top of the world, you should be, you look great too!

Well, I'm happy to say I feel like I am back in the groove again. I really really do! Eating has been good, I've made it to the gym this week, and can't wait to go back!

I am just feeling so much better and I finally think my 6 month slump is coming to an end. I am just a little disappointed in myself that I was in a "I don't care" mode for so long. I really do care!

I hope all has a wonderful weekend.

I'm hoping by Monday the scale will finally give it up and start on the downhill spiral fast!

Hey all,

Just recovering from a bout of the flu...oh joy. I had dreaded getting something like that with the band, but it wasn't so terrible..the vomiting that is. And I'm on the mend.

Two to three inches of snow last night...puts the kibosh on outside activities. We have been remodeling the bathroom for about two months...maybe we can make a dent in it this weekend.

Can't get motivated to workout. I want to be outside walking... Tonya..you rock. You inspire me. I gotta get with it.

Hey gang, just wanted to pop in and say hello. Things are going pretty good here. I'm 16 weeks already! No weight gain yet and no more extreme band tightening either. I do feel some restriction coming back, so I'm having to pay more attention to what I'm eating again. My back is killing me though, especially on work days. I'm assuming it's half pregnancy related and half not-exercising related. I feel like such a sloth right now. I can't wait for the weather to get warm, so I can go for some nice walks outside!

Maria

maria - so glad your pregos is going great! Sorry about the back pain, I don't recall having back pain, but it was 16 years ago, so I've slept since then. lol

Weekends go by too darn fast - I felt like I didn't even have a weekend. I'm ready to take another vacation day from work and just play...... I am not a Monday's person! I hate Mondays! lol.

Well, I'm headed down to our gym to do a quick 15 min on the elliptical....

Unintended benefit of the flu....I dropped a few pounds. Will probably readjust when Fluid get back up there!!

But, the good news...I feel more motivated to watch my portions. I packed some lunch so I'll not be shopping at the cafe downstairs at my office.

You all sound like you're doing well...I hope that you keep up the momentum. I does help me to hear of your drive!!

Interesting few days for me. I went from 138 lbs and looking ghastly to being 147 and freaked out lol. I think I am dealing with it okay. I never dropped the weight following the surgery. I think it was that my body was so derived and dehydrated that it just sucked in everything it got from the IV. And I still have this gross alien baby head bloating on the surgical side, which I am going to have checked out on Friday. The plus side is that I look much better. The color has come back in my face and I feel that I don't look so pale and frail. I just am trying to not be so concerned with the number on the scale and more concerned with how I feel. I think I will be much better once I get this swelling situation taken care of. I hope so...I am going back to Arizona, where I used to live. I need to look VERY GOOD!!! Wish me luck!

Glad your feeling better!

When you go back to Arizona, your going to knock their socks off girl!

Hi all....guess I'm usually a fair weather friend....as long as things are going well I comment a lot. Now that things aren't so hot I tend to "check in" with you guys and then feel ashamed or something and don't respond to anything!

Anyway, still haven't lost any extra since Thanksgiving! There is definitely restriction, just not sure if it's not enough or if it's me eating out of habit?!?!?! Still haven't started exercising (you can't lecture me any more than I've lectured myself!!) and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, the weight still stays with in five pounds back and forth. That alone makes me think that the fill is good enough because I am restricted enough to not overeat a lot. I still eat just about anything I want, after the last fill the Diet Coke is to a minimum and the bread doesn't happen hardly at all. Not sure what I want anyone to say.....just feels good to vent a little to people who understand!

Thanks for "listening" and know that I check in on you each and every day and my thoughts are with you through the good and not so good times!

5Jacks, We are in the same boat. I havn't lost anything since Feb. I play around with 4 lbs. I had a slight unfill a couple weeks ago and still the same. I had a big problem with chocolate candy. The other dau I said to myself if I can say no to drugs I can say no to chocolate. Well a coworker asked me yesterday if I would like some Hersy kisses and I told her no thanks. It's working! I havn't had candy all week. So hopfully the scale will change...lol.

ladies - I hear you both about the no weightloss. I think it was November I was at my lowest of 167, I'm now at around 178, or something like that, I haven't weighed in over a week.

I decided it was time to recommit myself, I reminded myself why I had the surgery in the first place, I am making baby steps to make the needed changes. I'm back to exercising, not everyday yet, but 4 to 5 times a week. Even if I do it 1x a week, its still making those needed changes. We can't change the past, only the future, so thats what I'm focussing on.

5jacks - i'm the same way as you, I tend to stay quiet when I'm in a rut, but I really really really do want to get to goal this year, so I'm trying to pull myself out of the rut and get back on track.

The time to be involved I've learned is when you really need the support, no one is here to judge you or "lecture" you, we're all here for support and encouragement. You've come a long way, and you should be very proud of yourself! So hang in there and don't give up!

I tell myself every day not to snack....not to eat junk food and so on. Doesn't seem to matter if I do or not, so I do!! Know that it isn't healthy but can't seem to stop. I seriously think it's time to start exercising and I despise exercise! We live on a farm and by the time chores are done outside, then house chores are done inside I just can't seem to get motivated to "work out". Love going to the gym but it's 20 miles away so not feasable to go cost wise. Looking back at what I've just written they are all excuses......

Hey everyone...I need help. Anyone know who manufactures a TRUSTY and well made low profile port? I am close to becoming homicidal with my doctor and refuse to ask him to do anything outside of the norm for me. He said if I can find the port he will order it for me...and put it in. YAY, ANOTHER surgery. Please, any information would really help me...and my doctor, before I assault him.