Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Angyl, I guess that kind of goes back to what Baby got Back was saying about wanting us to not use our real names. Sad but apparently necessarly with some folks. Anyway, sorry this has happened. I wondered, however, if there is a code of ethics, such as in my field, where you can't just drop a client (patient) without having some sort of services in place, via a referral and a set appointment, committment to see, etc. Maybe not an issue where you live, but in my area, there is one or two fill dr.'s (and only recently two) so if the one refused for whatever reason, a person would really be in a fix.

Perhaps it is for the best however....change is good right? :)

I had a rough week...got really sick on Friday and barely left the bed. Felt like someone had beat me. Saturday was somewhat better and I was up functioning, still not feeling well..then DH came down with it hard (sort of a flu/cold feel like crap virus...know what I mean?). He is still very under the weather. So I didn't make much time walking but am feeling better and better. I have never been so sick as I have been this season. I've had colds twice and this flu thing twice now...just out of the blue. Wish the sick-o's would stay out of my office...HA.

I did slack off on my Vitamins, which I usually good at taking...but I'm back on track.

Tonya...good on you for all your hard work. I'm sure it is pretty discouraging to have to work so hard this time. I sort of feel the same way...why can't the last bit come off like the first bit. Life isn't fair, huh?

Take care all!

Angyl, its a blessing, you didn't like this doc anyhow and he hasnt given you the time of day - what a jerk. And shame on that person for going back to him and telling him!

lynn - I think your probably still swollen too, I've heard it can take a good 6 months. Hopefully once you get the right fill, you can lose any weight you have gained.

Sula - so sorry to hear about your sickness - sounds like a bad case of something and sorry to hear your hubby is down with it.

As for me, just swinging by to check in. I am just plugging along, nothing new happening. talk to everyone later

Hi Folks,

Gee, hump day...how are we all doing? I'm feeling better and eating properly. Exercise to start soon!! I'm in awe of you who are committed to your workouts. You should be proud of yourselves!!

Tonya,

I am totally thinking about you this morning . . . . I started a new maintenace medication for my Migraines last Tuesday and weighed this morning - I am up 4 pounds in 8 days. Grrrrr - one of the known side effects of 'neurotin' is weight gain and my Neurologist and I talked about that before I agreed to take it. She told me if I see a gain, then she will give me something else, so guess who I'll be calling at 9am? I am not taking another one of those stupid pills . . . I haven't been able to tell a difference anyway, so it's not like it was my 'miracle med.'

So - I have got to get back on track. I need to watch what I eat more closely and get back to exercising. At this mornings weight, I want to lose 20 more pounds . . .

Sula - it took me FOREVER to get back into the exercise program. I would do good for a day or two, then back to nothing for weeks, it was a vicious cycle. I'm finally back in the groove of things, exercising 5 to 6 days per week. But it took me months and months of trying to get back to it. Don't be hard on yourself, it takes some time.

Lynn - I used to take neurotin - I still have bottles of it - It actually was developed for patients with seizures, but they found it helped on numerous things. I took it for my muscle spasms in my arms and the pain in my nerves in my arms. I eventually had to have surgery, so I didn't take it anylonger. However, no one ever told me it made you gain weight - no wonder I put on weight! Wow.

I'm averaging 1 pound a week loss these days, seems to take everything I have to even lose 1 pound. sucks! I would be totally thrilled to lose 2 lbs a week at this point, but as long as I keep losing a pound, I guess I should just be happy. (I'm putting my happy face on now)

I have faced the fact that this is a life long change, I will always have to exercise, its not a diet, and I will never be fat again - as long as I use my band as a tool.:)

My cruise is in 50 something days, I was hoping to be at 160 by then, at the 1 pound per week rate I'm going - it won't happen.....:angry_smile: - I am really not that upset as I may sound, I was just hoping you know what I mean. I will still weigh less when the cruise comes around, and I will still have a great time - I can't wait for some R&R. Dh & I were talking about it this moring as we were trying to make ourselves get up and get ready for work we both said at the exact sime time "I can't wait for the cruise so we can get some rest". We both started laughing - we were thinking the exact same thing and the exact same time. 20 years of marriage does that I guess. lol.

Well, signing off for today - heading over to my blog to update it and back to work I go.....talk to everyone later

Cindi - how are you? Hows it going? Miss ya!

Morning gals.... You all are doing great.. and Tonya DO NOT BEAT YOURSELF UP about not attaining 160! YOU LOOK HAWT NOW! Strut it girl you've earned it.

on the subject of talking on here....REAL life can creep in when you least expect it........ so I'm always careful what I say to people.. (cause it bit me in the butt too, not a bad bite, but enough of one that it kind of made me realize that they do read )

Ok, now how do I find a new doctor? I went on my insurance's website but there is no listing for bariatrics under specialties. I have to be honest, it's been so long since I started this that I don't even remember how I found Dr. Crybaby to begin with. Any resources you guys can point me to? I am sure I am fully capable of finding this information but I am just so frustrated (and lazy lol).

Thank you

Angyl, I guess that kind of goes back to what Baby got Back was saying about wanting us to not use our real names. Sad but apparently necessarly with some folks. Anyway, sorry this has happened. I wondered, however, if there is a code of ethics, such as in my field, where you can't just drop a client (patient) without having some sort of services in place, via a referral and a set appointment, committment to see, etc. Maybe not an issue where you live, but in my area, there is one or two fill dr.'s (and only recently two) so if the one refused for whatever reason, a person would really be in a fix.

Perhaps it is for the best however....change is good right? :)

This particular person did not go back to the doctor and name drop me, according to what she said, but she did report I had said and considering that I had already said all of this directly to the doctor, INCLUDING that I would not be recommending him to anyone, he knew it was me. I guess hearing it and feeling it are completely different for him. Oh well...if you run a poor organization than you should be open to criticism to prevent situations like this. I went from being upset and frustrated about the situation to just down right pissed. I plan on taking further action, possibly even registering a complaint against him with the AMA. He is on vacation for the next 2 weeks...shocking. I'll keep you posted!!!

The easiest way is to go to Obesity Help and do a search on Find a Bariatric Doctor in your area.... then start calling the ones on the list and see if they take your insurance.

I think you should file a complaint! Good idea!

I hope everyone has a great weekend - I'm so ready to get out of here (work), been a stressful week. My plan is to leave the office at 2:00, I'm going to get a pedicure, then picking my daughter up from school and then headed to the gym for an hour or 1 1/2 hours of circuit training. Then going home to get ready for dinner out with family.

I have friends coming over tonight around 8, so making a dessert - sugar free pudding for me - cheesecake for everyone else, and coffee.< /p>

Saturday, working in the ministry, then cleaning my room - yuck, laundry, planting flowers and some herbs,

Sunday - church & working out are my two main agendas, and thats about it.....

Talk to everyone later

Did everyone have a good weekend?

Mine was busy as usual. I did get hurt, a huge tree branch was dropped on my foot - now its black and blue and very swollen. looks real ugly!

Besides that, nothing new......getting off work early today, heading to the gym right afterwards and then going home to get ready for a meeting I have tonight, but I'm making sure I get my exercise in! I have less than 7 weeks before my cruise and I really really really want to be out of the 170's by then!

I had a great weekend, but did nothing but work on the darned bathroom we are remodeling...but we are just about done. It looks so nice. We (I) tiled and bought new toilet and vanity, mirror and lights...looks small with all that stuff in it. Anway, I'm pleased with the progress.

I got up early to start walking this morning and when I stepped outside it was snowing and raining...so I went back inside and read my book...HA. No ellipitical for me!! I'm bad!! :)

Weight is sticking to a consistent pound or two range, neither up or down. My waist is shrinking and hopefully the butt as well (probably tightening up, which is just fine as well) from all the bending and what not of remodeling!! I say we count that as exercise.

I made a killer recipe of chicken al la Romana, not too high in cals, low in fat. We have a guy, "the Kitchen Guy" who is at www.kfbb.com (our local TV station) who does recipes on Wednesdays...I've gotten a couple of pretty good ones that fit the criteria for our type of eating. He has an archive of recipes, if anyone is looking for some new ideas.

Tonya, so sorry to hear about your foot...jeez, you have the luck, but then, if we don't get off the couch, we don't see any action,right?

Take care.

Shawn

Shawn - the recipe sounds so good, i will have to check the site out!

My foot is killing me, I'm worried I might have broken something. It is totally blue today and swollen, I can't put shoes on, so I had to wear flip flops to work.

Anyhow, if my foot is broken, I don't know what I will do, I leave for my cruise in about 46 days! Man, this will suck! I'm icing it down today and hoping it will bring the swelling down.

Hi all,

I was laying in bed last night thinking about all my lapband friends and thinking I'm being so remiss in getting on here! I've made a committment to check in and write on a regular basis. I need it and it certainly helps to have more people staying in touch.

So, that being said, hope that you are all doing well. I'm getting closer to getting on my exercise routine as my bathroom is almost finished. I was out of town last weekend so I didn't get that particular project done. DH worked a bit, but some things take four hands.

I'm eating okay, but the scale is not moving. I can't break my late night dinner pattern. I work late several nights per week and then by the time I drive home it is around 8 so that is when dinner occurs. It is also just a bad habit. I do think that it is a problem in my weight loss.... Oh, forgot to mention, I also go to be between 9-10 most nights. I'm an early riser, tho!! Anyhow, that is eat, then sleep. I usually don't have a large meal but it isn't a good thing, I know.

I'm considering getting another small fill. I just don't feel that I've hit the sweet spot, but I do have periodic PB's. So, I hem and haw about the fill. I guess I have this thought process that says when the fill is right, the weight just comes off, maybe more gradually, but the bottom line is that is just happens. Am I delusional?

Hope to hear from you all.