Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Hey Tonya,

I feel for you and want to offer you support. You have been such an inspiration and I absolutely know you will be successful. I'm sure it is the primary issue of your knee and not being able to get consistent without having problems. Also, the fill issue and going so long without.

I do think that each of us has to periodically rededicate ourselves and get going again. I'm struggling and know I'm not giving it my best. So I'm trying to work it out in my head. I do these little bargains with myself. Not working at the moment but I fool myself that at least I'm looking at it.

Anyway...stick with us...we will help in anyway we can. You know how to be successful. Don't be too hard on yourself and just set some small goals. You can do this!!

Shawn/thanks for the kind words.

I know what I need to do, so now I just need to do it. I need to quit making excuses and get serious and rededicated to my goals. I'm focussing on getting thru one day at a time now and just doing it.

I did 80 good yesterdand and 20% bad I guess, but getting better everyday.

TOM is here and not making me feel any better, but I will be successful and I'm focussing on getting my mojo back!

DH & I will be making a schedule this weekend for workout schedules together, he wants to get into shape too, so he can be my workout buddy.

Wow !!! Thanks for all of the good thoughts and prayers.

The surgery took about 4 hours and I spent one night in the hospital. I am moving around really slowly and am hunched-over, but that is just part of it. It is hard to tell what it looks like bacause I've got so many tubes - 2 drains (GROSS!) and a pain pump too. I really haven't had alot of pain, but I suspect that is because of the continuous delivery of meds with the pump. I have a feeling I'm going to miss that little sucker when it runs out . . . Getting up and down is hard, but overall I think I feel good. I am just glad I didn't back out!

Thanks again for all of your thoughts . . . :tongue2:

Sunshine - I think all of us can relate to you! You are lucky that your husband is wanting to workout with you, that really helps alot. Good luck you can do it!!

Mommi- It sounds like you are doing really well! Take it easy, can't wait for updates!

Debbie

banded 1/08/07

h235/c159/g145

I was thrilled to see the numbers 145.2 on my scale this morning. 14 months and 95 lbs later. It feels great!!! I am pushing for 5 more lbs though because I think it sounds better to say I've lost a hundred pounds instead of ninety five lol.

Tonya- You always have such a good perspective on things. Through ups and downs you have maintained such positivity. Stick with it. It IS a huge struggle, but the pay off is worth.

Mommi- CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW BODY! I guess maybe I should get myself in gear and start scheduling my appointment.

I was thrilled to see the numbers 145.2 on my scale this morning. 14 months and 95 lbs later. It feels great!!! I am pushing for 5 more lbs though because I think it sounds better to say I've lost a hundred pounds instead of ninety five lol.

Tonya- You always have such a good perspective on things. Through ups and downs you have maintained such positivity. Stick with it. It IS a huge struggle, but the pay off is worth.

I feel the same way! I just want to say I've lost 100 lbs! lol.

Congratulations for hitting your goal, that is awesome!

Thanks for all you guys' encouragement. I agree with all of you, I know what I need to do, I just need to do it now. I will stick with it. Getting back to the gym is the 1st thing. I need to be consistant with it, not just here and there. I need to do it 6 days a week, or at least 5!

Well, i'm off to an appointment with my accountant, ttyl.

I was reading my medicine I've been taking for my eyes - Most people only have to take it for 1 or 2 weeks, I've been having to take it for a month now. Anyhow, one of the side effects is WEIGHT GAIN! I noticed my face is very round this morning, and so I started reading the side effects and come to find out, I'm taking steroids. I didn't realize it was steroids, I thought I was just taking antiobotics.

My eyes are healing, however, I am not at a crisp clear 20/20, and I'm just one of those slow healers, not sure if its because of my diabetes or what, but I always seem to take longer to heal.

Anyhow, that helps to explain my dramatic weight gain I think. I am hoping to be off the steroids at the end of this week. I go see my eye doc on March 3rd, so I'm hoping she will take me off of them.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I was reading my medicine I've been taking for my eyes - Most people only have to take it for 1 or 2 weeks, I've been having to take it for a month now. Anyhow, one of the side effects is WEIGHT GAIN! I noticed my face is very round this morning, and so I started reading the side effects and come to find out, I'm taking steroids. I didn't realize it was steroids, I thought I was just taking antiobotics.

That sucks! But steroids will certainly do that to you. It's so frustrating, isn't it?

I wake up this morning, weigh, and I'm up another 2 freaken pounds - grrrrr. I was so mad I kicked the scale and hurt my stupid knee.

I am ready to throw the steroids in the trash! I refuse to take them any longer! I go see my doc on Monday and I'm going to tell her that, NO MORE STEROIDS! I have been taking them for 6 weeks now, no wonder I'm up all this weight!

I was really mad when I stepped on the scales and it keeps going up, and I even exercised, I ate right and made good choices, so I was so mad this morning, I wanted to cry.

I guess I will continue to take this until the end of the week so my eyes will heal, but after this week, no more!

It's getting lonely in here.:lol: Where are all the January bandsters? :biggrin:

I hope everyone is doing good, and just out exercising - thats why your not online. :smile2:

I called my doc yesterday and told her my frustration with the weight gain, she said - DRINK MORE Water. So I did, and I had a 5 lb loss just last night. I've been running to the bathroom every 2 minutes, but hey, its working.

I am still up quite a bit of weight, and I need to update my signature, just haven't felt like it. My exercise has not been good, its been so so, but not consistant, and I know that is a big problem for me. I'm focussing on trying to be consistant.

Well, I've gotta run some errands, so will check in later.

Okay - I'm back....and I still don't see anyone? I'm so lonely - where are you. lol.

I bit the bullet and updated my stats, oh my that hurt! I changed my weight to what it was this morning. After all, I'm going to have fun watching it go down again, so I decided I should change it. I want to see my 167 number again!

Well, talk to everyone later, hoping you guys return and keep me company. :smile2:

I'm here! :blushing:

How did that five day pouch test thing go for everyone? Did anyone finish?

I have to confess... now that I have my unfill, I can eat Pasta and sandwiches and Bagels, OH MY! LOL! I am being so bad this past week. I was reflecting on what I ate yesterday and I realized I had hardly any Protein at all. That has got to stop! If I keep that up, I'm going to gain everything back. What's even worse is with eating like that I'm practically asking for gestational diabetes. Must stop! I think I need to start writing down what I eat again -- just to keep tabs on my carbaholism. Scary!

So that's my story. :wub:

I've been off pouting. Didn't feel like getting support..hows that for you. I have had a tough week. I made egg rolls...first time since banding...and guess what I found out...after three different days and three different attempts, I can't eat them. They make me stuck and then violently vomit!! Not a dainty PB. So, the last few days (since monday night) I've been keeping it pretty tame in the food area. I'm a slow learner.

I've not been exercising. I thought I would begin walking outside on monday but a mini-blizzard put a halt to that. I am also dealing with some dizziness...I had the same about five years ago..and it went away after a few days. This is hanging around longer. I thought maybe it was from throwing up so hard and loosing some nutrients, so I've been trying to take care of myself. I missed a half day of work but I'm not interested in going to the Dr. So, I'm toughing it out. My bad, I know, but it is what it is.

Tonya, just keep after it. I think there are several of us struggling right now and hopefully with the light of a new spring day (whenever it gets here) we will be rejuvinated and moving again! BTW...after three days of being not able to eat much, I didn't lose an ounce! Go figure. Our bodies are hanging on with every little corpusel to our fat!!

I'm here! :blushing:

How did that five day pouch test thing go for everyone? Did anyone finish?

I have to confess... now that I have my unfill, I can eat Pasta and sandwiches and Bagels, OH MY! LOL! I am being so bad this past week. I was reflecting on what I ate yesterday and I realized I had hardly any Protein at all. That has got to stop! If I keep that up, I'm going to gain everything back. What's even worse is with eating like that I'm practically asking for gestational diabetes. Must stop! I think I need to start writing down what I eat again -- just to keep tabs on my carbaholism. Scary!

So that's my story. :wub:

Hang in there - being pregos is tough when it comes to eating, especially your first. I remember being hungry and eating everything in sight, after all, I was eating for two (my thinking) and I ate like I was eating for 10!

I did the pouch test, and I think it worked, I did it for 4 days, and the 5 day I ate regular.

I've been off pouting. Didn't feel like getting support..hows that for you. I have had a tough week. I made egg rolls...first time since banding...and guess what I found out...after three different days and three different attempts, I can't eat them. They make me stuck and then violently vomit!! Not a dainty PB. So, the last few days (since monday night) I've been keeping it pretty tame in the food area. I'm a slow learner.

I've not been exercising. I thought I would begin walking outside on monday but a mini-blizzard put a halt to that. I am also dealing with some dizziness...I had the same about five years ago..and it went away after a few days. This is hanging around longer. I thought maybe it was from throwing up so hard and loosing some nutrients, so I've been trying to take care of myself. I missed a half day of work but I'm not interested in going to the Dr. So, I'm toughing it out. My bad, I know, but it is what it is.

Tonya, just keep after it. I think there are several of us struggling right now and hopefully with the light of a new spring day (whenever it gets here) we will be rejuvinated and moving again! BTW...after three days of being not able to eat much, I didn't lose an ounce! Go figure. Our bodies are hanging on with every little corpusel to our fat!!

Well, you must have loved egg rolls. I wish there was something that I could not eat! I wish I wish I wish. I would love to PB when I eat sugar! But it seems like nothing I eat makes me PB. I've had the 1 PB when I ate some soft doughy roll, and swallowed it whole. I've had the PB's when I was too tight, but besides that - I don't feel anything.

I've been so bad at exercising myself, but I'm getting ready - I'm mentally getting ready to get back into the game. I've gathered my workout gear and set it in the bag and by my door, this reminds me, but so far, I haven't made it to the gym. So, I am telling myself, Saturday is the day. Its March 1, its about 3 months before my cruise, and I MUST lose some weight. I want to buy a new bathing suit. I also have $500 sitting around for a shopping spree on just me, and I can't spend it because I refuse to buy anymore clothes at my size, I will only shop if I get to a size 8/10! So, I'm holding on to the $500 until that day comes!