Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone here?

Hi Everyone!

Been super busy, but been checkin in. Weight loss is crawling, but I also have not paid particular attention to what I'm doing or eating. Been actually trying to ignore, forget obsessing about my band. Restriction is good, even since the last unfill. No reflux or stcking at all...which is good. Exercise increase to 5 days a week, 1.5-2.00 hours at a shot.

Talked with the gal from my doc' office (she came to my office for business reasons :crying: ), and she said that at one point when she was just stalling and plateau'ing, she took 1/2 her fill out for 2 weeks, then put it back. Said it really jump started her back to losing weight steadily. I intend to call and talk to her more about this.

Anyne else heard of doing this???

Cindi - that is interesting, taking part of a fill out and then putting it back in. Wonder why it jumps starts? I'm interested to know how it works.

I had a busy weekend, worked the special olympics on Friday and Saturday, totally exausted and barely able to come to work today - wanted to take the day off to rest up but too much going on at work. I didn't make it to the gym over the weekend, but trust me, I got plenty of exercise!

I will make it to the gym tonight, and back to my healthy eating. Seems the weekends are really hard for me, not sure why, maybe I just need to plan them better.

HI all,

Up early and hit the road. I did about 3.5 miles in a walk then a few outside chores. Weather has cleared and it was very pleasant. I felt great. Took my prize dog with me so she is happy as well.

HI all,

Up early and hit the road. I did about 3.5 miles in a walk then a few outside chores. Weather has cleared and it was very pleasant. I felt great. Took my prize dog with me so she is happy as well.

Yay!! Good for you!

Hey all...just wanted to check in. My band is still empty after my last surgery. I am scheduled for my (second) first fill on May 5th, thank God. I really have no control over my eating. I am back up to between 150-153, depending on the day. I was down to 138, then 140 the day of surgery...and went up to 149 the day after. I was never able to drop any of that weight. I figure it was because I was so dehydrated and malnurished that my body just hoarded everything it could. I have to be honest though, I really don't care much about the weight. As long as I can fit into my clothes and I feel healthy...finally.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing pretty well. Keep up the good work!!

Hello all,

I got an email from Lap Band talk about not being here for a while, so I thought I'd check in with the thread. Glad to see posts here. Congratulations Tracy.

Snow??? I've been busy working on my vegetable garden, and already have tomatoes, peppers, squash and zuccini picked. What a difference living here in Texas.

Doing fine with my band, and about 5 pounds to go to get to health BMI. I have a few friends that are serious about getting a band now.

Sorry to be MIA for so long,

Angyl - You are still doing great, and you are right - the important thing is your health! I would rather be a little up in weight and feel good vs skinny and no energy.

Tulip - so glad you popped in. I'm about to plant some tomatoes this weekend! I love squash!

As for me, nothing new, just hitting the gym really hard these days and I'm finding my strength is coming back, I was able to do 35 min on the elliptical last night, I'm working my way back up to 45 min!

NOt sure why I'm not losing, wondering if I'm not eating enough? I really don't track calories, I just eat - small amounts, but I try and make healthy choices. scale is so damned stubborn these days. But I do feel good, my clothes (size 12) fit nicely, and can squeeze into a 10, but tight and uncomfortable. Working my way to get into the 10's!

I started tanning just a little, need to get some color on my white legs for my capris and shorts this summer. I've been eating a lot of fruit vs Protein, so I think I need to up my protein. But I just love fresh fruit in the summer - eating some delicious strawberries & grapes as I type. I will squeeze in a Protein Drink this afternoon.

I have 61 days until my cruise!!!!! I gotta get my butt in gear and lose some weight!

Talk to everyone later

I hear ya about the tanning! I basically glow in the dark, and it takes all summer to stop burning and actually get tan (which is more of a red/brown - or freckle connecting). Last year I discovered banana Boat's Dial a Tan (mixers tanner and moisturizer), and I really like it. Started slathering it on about a month ago...it works!

Went and got a small fill this morning. I so want this journey to be nearing an end, or my goal. Gal stressed the biggest key factor that really can set you back is not eating Protein first. Everytime. I've been horrible about this, and she really feels it can sabbotage you not to follow this "rule". So for this month, it will be my goal.

Have added the rowing machine to my cardio lineup for some variety. Otherwise, just coasting into summer. Need to swimsuit shop!

Cindi - I'm going to focus on eating Protein first myself. I do notice a big difference in how much I eat when I eat protein first.

I will have to try the Banana Boat dial a tan stuff. I've tried other tanning lotions and it seems to just make me orange, but I haven't tried Banana Boat.

I am very fair, and I don't tan to make myself get really dark, my DH had skin cancer 10 years ago, so I'm leary about going all the time. I usually just tan to get a slight color on my legs. I swear, they are ghostly white - they will almost blind you they are so bright and white. lol.

Well, better get to work.......

No walking for me this morning...tired (excuses of course) and a bit sore. I get shinsplints when I first start and it takes a while for those to not hurt, but they do go away. I'll keep after it.

You guys and your planting tomatoes!! I have at least a month to go before that. Hrumph!! There is still snow drifts (although they are fast melting) in the barrow ditches. On the positive side, I'm not quite ready to be outside working on the yard, as I still have about another week of remodeling inside to complete!! But the lawn is greening up.

I used to fake bake in my youth...and in my teens and early twenties...bakes myself in babyoil till I sizzled!! Now I use sunscreen and tanning lotions. I do get tanned just by being outside quite a bit, but I try to be cautious. We do look thinner with a tan, tho, don't you think? :smile2:

Protein, I need to get after that as well.

Checking in - The scale is slowly moving downward, but tomorrow is my official weigh in day, so will hold off changing my stats until then. I think I might have lost a whole 2 lbs! I can't believe how hard it is coming off, sucks.

Did any of you guys ever watch "The Biggest Loser", well the winner lost 112 lbs, she looks GREAT. I was reading an article in a magazine, she states she hasn't gained any weight since the season finale, however here is how she keeps her weight at 122 lbs. She eats 1200 calories a day - no problem, I can do that - but here is the kicker, guess how much she exercises? 2 1/2 hours per day! Dang! She states she works a few muscle groups for an hour doing strength training - every day she works a different body part. Then, she spends 1 1/2 hours doing cardio. Dang! 1 1/2 hours, sweating? I can do 30 to 45 min, maybe even an hour on a good day, but everyday 1.5 hours and plus another hour for training? All I can say is Wow.

First of all, I don't have the time to spend 2 1/2 hours at the gym, no way. Second, I don't have the endurance to make it 1.5 hours on cardio. I am finally at 30-35 min, and that is tuff for me. I'm hoping to get to 45 min soon, but it will take some time.

Just when I think I'm doing good at exercise, I read this story and it puts me back in reality check, I'm not doing anything compared to this girl. Makes me realize I need to kick up my exercise a bit.

Tomorrow I'm taking my daughter to see Kenny Chesney (she loves him) and we are eating at Toby Keith's new restraunt in OKC, so I'm going to be good (although I've heard the dessert there is to die for). I will make sure to pass on the dessert menu!

Talk to everyone later.

Here's one for the record books...

I went today for my second first fill since my band was unfilled. My doctor told me he can no longer see me because a potential patient messaged me on here and I have her my honest opinion about the surgeon and his support staff. No idea what this girl felt the need to go into the office and report back to him what was told to her. "Is it true that you...?" I mean seriously, what was the point? What a dumb situation. Don't get me wrong, though, this is probably the best thing that has happened to me; I have been so unhappy with the quality of service I have received, especially considering the complications I have had, which I made clear in my email to this chatty girl that I do not attribute to the surgeon. I pretty much just made mention of my unhappiness with the reception staff, and lack of follow up I have had by the social worker and nutritionist.

My situation now is that I have to find a new doctor, but one that is involved with my hospital. I am disgusted over the whole situation. See what happens when you try to be a good person. I should have let her go to the doctor and seen for herself. I also have a concern considering all of my past complications whether or not a doctor is going to be willing to take me on.

Oh well, guess I am just venting. Otherwise, things are not that great...I have gained a lot of weight since my last surgery. I actually gained 9 lbs the day of the surgery, which I never dropped. I still think this is because I was malnurished and dehydrated. I gained like 5 lbs in addition to that, but my band was empty. I didn't have that much luck controlling my eating for the 20 yrs of being overweight before the band, didn't think I would be that lucky to be doing it on my own this time either.

Jen - I am so sorry that happened, but you are right . . . it may be the best thing in disguise. You will find another doctor, and hopefully will receive better care. I am always amazed how 'stupid' (maybe too strong of a word) people can be . . . You gave her honest answers, she should have been grateful!

As far as the gain goes - I'm with you. I ended up having to have a partial unfill after getting a virus and gained close to 10 pounds in record time. It now appears that every OUNCE I gain is going to stay in my upper abdomen (after my TT) and I HATE it! I have had 2 small fills, but haven't lost an ounce and am now starting to doubt the results of my TT. I really hope when I lose the weight I have gained I am going to be more pleased, but right now - I am not.

So, my message is - hang in there. We are all here for you, and we are all in this together.

Lynn,

Don't be discouraged I work with a girl that had lapband 1 year before us and had her TT about 1 year ago. She had to get an unfill sometime after her TT and gained some weight back, but she since has had another fill and it's working and she has lost her weight again and her TT looks great now! Hope this helps, it will come off and you will look great!!

Debbie

banded 1/8/07

h235/c156/g145

Thank you so much Debbie for your kind words. I really hope I can get this beast turned around and get headed back down the right road. I'd sure hate to think I'd wasted all of the effort and money I have put into this, only to be disappointed with the results.