Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved today! 24 April 2017

Hi Sleevers. Think this is my week 8 update. Another 3lbs off! Wish it was more but 3lbs, is 3lbs. Kind of settling on 3lbs a week.

I'm no longer in the class 3 obese category. Now class 2. No idea what that really means but sounds good.

Evening meals are still a hassle. This was when I did most of my eating in front of the tv and now, I just can't eat quantity. Good job really but it does piss me off! We had steak last night with a potato salad. I managed two bites of steak and that was me done. I left it for an hour or do then ate the rest of my tiny steak cause it tasted so good.

Breakfast, lunch are ok. I do get hung up feeling guilty on eating a snack. Even if it's a little ham or chicken. I know I shouldn't but I do. I've found a slice of bread from a baguette about 1/2" thick topped with some Brie or Camembert is a great little snack. Around 100 calories but so worth it lol

Hope you've all had a good week x

On 6/20/2017 at 4:47 AM, Propo said:

Hi Sleevers. Think this is my week 8 update. Another 3lbs off! Wish it was more but 3lbs, is 3lbs. Kind of settling on 3lbs a week.

I'm no longer in the class 3 obese category. Now class 2. No idea what that really means but sounds good.

Evening meals are still a hassle. This was when I did most of my eating in front of the tv and now, I just can't eat quantity. Good job really but it does piss me off! We had steak last night with a potato salad. I managed two bites of steak and that was me done. I left it for an hour or do then ate the rest of my tiny steak cause it tasted so good.

Breakfast, lunch are ok. I do get hung up feeling guilty on eating a snack. Even if it's a little ham or chicken. I know I shouldn't but I do. I've found a slice of bread from a baguette about 1/2" thick topped with some Brie or Camembert is a great little snack. Around 100 calories but so worth it lol

Hope you've all had a good week x

Who;s got an update??! Can I get an AMEN??! Hows it going out there??!

Hi Sleevers. Week 9 update. Another 3lbs lost. Kind of lost this weight early in the week and been the same for the last few days. I weigh every morning as part of a post sleeve routine. I know I shouldn't but it's become a habit.

food - Good. Enjoying sauce type dishes like chicken in a white sauce, minced beef in gravy, stewed steak in gravy, casserole, curry etc. Usually with a little mashed potato, Pasta or rice (but rice is hard to eat still as it seems to get stuck, mash is better). My Brie on a thin slice of baguette has become a staple of each day. Usually just one slice but I sometimes have one slice for breakfast with a yoghurt and then one for supper. lunch and dinner have kind of become interchangeable. I'm having a treat type meal on a Friday. Usually a small Chinese takeaway. Still a tiny portion and it lasts me 2 or 3 days as lunch or dinner to finish my full portion but it's nice for a change. Taking a multi Vitamin every day and drinking a Protein Shake now and then (maybe every couple of days).

Exercise - Good. Doing about 35-45 minutes a day, 5 days a week. Mixture of cycling, elliptical cross trainer, light weights and playing table tennis. My wife and I enjoy a game of table tennis. Burning around 300 calories per session so all good to reduce my nett intake.

Mental health - I'm still missing larger meals 9 weeks in. I'm never really hungry but the small portions don't really satisfy me (mentally I guess). I've tried eating from a side plate or a bowl but that doesn't really make any difference. I just miss a good chow down I guess. Chewing everything for ages and slowing down my meals feels unnatural somehow. Guess I'm changing the habits of a life time. Slowly, slowly.

Hope you're all good out there and doing well with your sleeves.

1 hour ago, s92 said:

Good luck. You will be great

Thank you 👍

On 25/06/2017 at 11:55 PM, Cass Elliot said:

Who;s got an update??! Can I get an AMEN??! Hows it going out there??!

Hi Cass. Good thanks. How are you keeping?

Edited by Propo

Week 10. 4lbs lost.

Hi Sleevers. Updating as I've been a bit lax! Sorry :)

Week 11. Another 2lb lost. Getting there slowly. I make that 54lb's lost (but I've lost another couple of lbs since my weigh day on Monday).

Hope you are all good out there :)

Hi Sleevers. Hope you are all good out there. Quick little update. Been a while.

so I'm 14 weeks post sleeve operation. I'm down a total of 62lbs from my surgery day. 63lbs to go till target.

Wow that's great! Congrats to you!

On 8/4/2017 at 4:38 PM, Propo said:

Hi Sleevers. Hope you are all good out there. Quick little update. Been a while.

so I'm 14 weeks post sleeve operation. I'm down a total of 62lbs from my surgery day. 63lbs to go till target.

How are you doing now?

I havent been on the site for a long time but I need some motivation!

How are you doing now?
I havent been on the site for a long time but I need some motivation!

Hi Cass. Me neither! I'm good thanks. How are you?
I've lost 81lbs as of this morning. Coping with my tiny portions better. Still miss a big meal now and then. But looking at my smaller belly, bigger muscles and finally being able to feel my tubs when I lay down
Is quite nice.
Feel a whole lot better in myself. Much fitter. Exercising 3 times a week and that makes me feel stronger.
So how are you doing?

It’s been a while since I’ve updated this! My bad [emoji847].
I’ve lost 98lbs so far. Weight loss has been much slower the last few months but I’m still plodding along.
One thing I’ve learned about the vsg, it doesn’t stop you snacking if you want to. I find nuts, crisps (think you Americans call them chips? ), chocolates etc easy to eat. They are slider foods for a reason. Be aware!
However, if you stick to dense real food, the sleeve is a great tool. It keeps your portions small.