Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved today! 24 April 2017

Morning Sleevers. Feels pretty cool to be in the club 😂.

Yesterday was so much better than the day before. Thank you god!

Had to stay in the hospital an extra day (as did the lady that had the same surgery the same day) as the drains were still taking some Fluid from the incisions. Been giving the all clear to go home this morning and had the drain taken out, iv removed. I'm going home!!!!

Managed some Soup and jelly yesterday and some jelly this morning. Finding tea, coffee and chilled Water fine so long as the Hot Drinks aren't too hot. Finding eating weird as I just don't feel hungry and half a pot of jelly is fine. Starts feeling uncomfortable (I wouldn't call it full) if I have more.

Its been 2 full days since surgery on Monday evening and I'm feeling so much better. Walking up and down the corridors here, bothering the nurses lol 😂

Still finding it amazing that I just don't feel hungry yet I've probably consumed 2-300 calories since surgery over 2 days ago. That would have been a mini snack on Sunday!!

Going home in a couple of hours -Yayy!

Edited by Propo

Morning Sleevers. Day 4 post vsg. Came home yesterday afternoon. All felt a bit strange and emotional but I'm so glad to be home. My darling wife truly is an angel and has looked after me so well.

Drinking lots of tea. Had some clear chicken Soup last night which was so delicious compared to hospital broth 😂 Then had a little jelly.

Yoghurt for Breakfast today. Dee bought the Greek zero fat, zero added sugar kind but it had some little fruit lumps so we sieved those out. Delicious too.

Still don't feel hungry. More soup and jelly for lunch.

I know it's something you really shouldn't do but I got on the scales when I went for a pee yesterday. Lost 5lbs! Probably just an adjustment of fluids etc but I guess I have been eating less than 300 calories a day so far.

Onward and upward!

Morning Sleevers. Day 6 post VSG.
I'm sleeping really well I'm now at home. Yayy! Still just eating clear Soup (chicken or beef that my wife makes and strains), yoghurt (I've found skyr honey to be delicious), jelly and lots tea, squash and a coffee now and then.
Really can't wait to eat some real food. But on a plus note, I weighed this morning, 13lbs lost!! 13lbs!! In 6 days!! Without hunger!! OMG!! Lol
1 week weigh in tomorrow. Exciting!

I wish you all the best for today.Your story same as mine yo yo was my sister all my life and same over time put weight back on.
I'm from Essex Uk waiting for op date any day now.Would love to be your buddy for support.
Hope the op went well see you on the other side to your new slimmer self.

Leanne

How are you doing Leanne? Do you have your date yet? First week post op has been pretty good for me. 13lbs lost already and every day post surgery really is better. Nothing really aches just a bit tender in the tummy. Prepare yourself for nothing more than tea, coffee, squash, clear Soup and plain no fat smooth yoghurts (skyr is nice)
Just visited our local garden centre, going to pot some hanging baskets this afternoon. Life seems to come back to pretty much normal after a week or so. All that stress and worry disappears.

On 4/24/2017 at 2:13 AM, Propo said:

Morning sleevers. The day is finally here. I'm having my Gastric Sleeve this afternoon!

I'm nervous, anxious, scared, excited, you name it. My first surgery so I'm nervous of what to expect and how I will react to the anaesthetic. My sister had a sleeve nearly 3 years ago and has lost over 100lbs. My turn.

Im being treated privately under the care of Mr Hassn in South Wales, UK. Fingers crossed I have one of the easier journeys I've read about.

Hoping to use this post as a kind of diary of my experience. Starting weight 22st 13 (321lbs). No pre op diet required by my surgeon so it's going to be in at the deep end.

Been overweight my whole life with episodes of great weight loss but the weight creeps back on over time. I'm drawing a line under the yoyo dieting and want a thinner healthier me!

Wish me luck!

Hope it went well!

I had my surgery the same day! Let me know how you are doing. All the best

Hope it went well!
I had my surgery the same day! Let me know how you are doing. All the best

Hi, Thank you. Hope yours went well?
Looking back on mine, it was pretty good. Bit rough the first couple of days but better every day since. Pretty much pain free since day 2 post op. Not really enjoying being on the liquid diet - I miss real food lol. Only for a couple of weeks then I can have a bit of real food. But I have lost 13lbs in just 6 days! Now that does sound good [emoji106]

1 minute ago, Propo said:

Hi, Thank you. Hope yours went well?
Looking back on mine, it was pretty good. Bit rough the first couple of days but better every day since. Pretty much pain free since day 2 post op. Not really enjoying being on the liquid diet - I miss real food lol. Only for a couple of weeks then I can have a bit of real food. But I have lost 13lbs in just 6 days! Now that does sound good

My surgery was fine - the aftermath was rough, tho!! OH MY GOD I started to feel better at day 3. Now I feel really hungry but I don't want to eat so that's good. I've lost 18 pounds since my preop! I am really really excited. I feel pretty grumpy most of the time and yelled at someone who blocked my 80 year old mother from pulling out of a parking spot.

My surgery was fine - the aftermath was rough, tho!! OH MY GOD I started to feel better at day 3. Now I feel really hungry but I don't want to eat so that's good. I've lost 18 pounds since my preop! I am really really excited. I feel pretty grumpy most of the time and yelled at someone who blocked my 80 year old mother from pulling out of a parking spot.

Glad it got better quickly. 18lbs is great!

My surgeon didn't require a pre op so I really went into the liquid diet cold turkey. Plus I was a smoker and my last cigarette was at 10am last Monday. What was I thinking!! [emoji23] oh well, in for a penny

My mood swings from "Christ this is easy and I just don't feel hungry" to "oh my god, I could kill for a burger" in about 10 minutes. My poor wife. Today seems a better day and as long as I can get through this liquid diet thing I'm sure I'll be fine.

1 minute ago, Propo said:

Glad it got better quickly. 18lbs is great!

My surgeon didn't require a pre op so I really went into the liquid diet cold turkey. Plus I was a smoker and my last cigarette was at 10am last Monday. What was I thinking!! oh well, in for a penny

My mood swings from "Christ this is easy and I just don't feel hungry" to "oh my god, I could kill for a burger" in about 10 minutes. My poor wife. Today seems a better day and as long as I can get through this liquid diet thing I'm sure I'll be fine.

That is sososososossososo great that you quit smoking. Harder to stop than cocaine they say. What an accomplishment! I can't believe I've stopped drinking my barrel of wine every night. I quit 10 days before surgery and I gave up coffee too which was another one of my addictions. My gawd I had so many. Anyway. these are BIG changes we are making!! I can feel myself moving around better already. More energy sleeping better. What is to come??? It;s so exciting. Even though I feel like chewing on a table leg I am so hungry. BUT I WONT. I wont do ANYTHING to jeapordize my sleeve and the healing.

You'll get through the liquid diet!! Before you know if you'll be eating cottage cheese ha ha

That is sososososossososo great that you quit smoking. Harder to stop than cocaine they say. What an accomplishment! I can't believe I've stopped drinking my barrel of wine every night. I quit 10 days before surgery and I gave up coffee too which was another one of my addictions. My gawd I had so many. Anyway. these are BIG changes we are making!! I can feel myself moving around better already. More energy sleeping better. What is to come??? It;s so exciting. Even though I feel like chewing on a table leg I am so hungry. BUT I WONT. I wont do ANYTHING to jeapordize my sleeve and the healing.
You'll get through the liquid diet!! Before you know if you'll be eating cottage cheese ha ha

we sound very similar. Not enough to have an op, let's quit a habit too! Why not!!

I'm getting a ninja so I can purée anything. Even a table leg!! (gotta be better than cottage cheese)

My sister had a vsg over 2 years ago. 100lbs off and swears it's the best thing she's one.

I'm positive it's the right thing for me. I've been fat since childhood and it's stopped me living my life to the full all these years. No more of that sh1t. I'm taking control. I want to be "normal". Not the fat guy in the room.

Here's to us both and success on this journey

Morning Sleevers. So today is post op day 7. What a week! You can read about the weeks journey above.

I did my 1st weekly weigh in his morning. 15lbs lost since last Monday! 15lbs!!

Can't wait to see what next week will bring

OMG that is FABULOUS!! Congratulations!!! Can you imagine this EVER happening before? 15 lbs in one week? It was always more like 15 pounds gain in a few months. You must be thrilled!! Keep up the good work!

PS. I'm down 12 from surgery and 20 overall since my pre op diet!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee

10 hours ago, Cass Elliot said:

OMG that is FABULOUS!! Congratulations!!! Can you imagine this EVER happening before? 15 lbs in one week? It was always more like 15 pounds gain in a few months. You must be thrilled!! Keep up the good work!

PS. I'm down 12 from surgery and 20 overall since my pre op diet!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks Cass. It does feel great. Congrats on your loss.

bit of a tired and emotional day today. Family visited which helped and took my mind of things. My wife is helping me keep my mood up. Think I'm just darn tired lol. Hopefully I'll be back on form tomorrow

42 minutes ago, Propo said:

Thanks Cass. It does feel great. Congrats on your loss.

bit of a tired and emotional day today. Family visited which helped and took my mind of things. My wife is helping me keep my mood up. Think I'm just darn tired lol. Hopefully I'll be back on form tomorrow

Hope you're feeling better! It's such a roller coaster ride.

Hi Sleevers. Bit of a mid week update.

Feeling much more upbeat, less tired and happy today. I've started drinking a full Protein Shake every morning and I think that's helping a lot. A bit more energy throughout the day. I hate the taste (its bitty and looks like pond Water lol, but I just keep at it until it's gone). Tried to find Premier Protein here in the uk but I don't think it's available. Boo hoo.

Another 5lbs lost so that's 20lbs lost in just 10 days!! OMG!!