Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved today! 24 April 2017

10 minutes ago, Propo said:

Thanks Cass. We are awesome!! 😂 How are you doing?

I'm doing okay but super distracted by life so I am not paying attention to my food except to say I cant eat much. That is such a bonus! I cant eat mindlessly because I'm stressed like I did for the last 79 years (or that's how it felt!). I would like to be better about taking my Vitamins and doing the program 'right' but I know that this is the long haul and I'm in. I do worry about not waiting long enough between drinking and eating and blah blah blah but this is a lifetime thing. Not a race. So its a mixed bag over here. But all in all mostly good!

11 hours ago, Cass Elliot said:

I'm doing okay but super distracted by life so I am not paying attention to my food except to say I cant eat much. That is such a bonus! I cant eat mindlessly because I'm stressed like I did for the last 79 years (or that's how it felt!). I would like to be better about taking my Vitamins and doing the program 'right' but I know that this is the long haul and I'm in. I do worry about not waiting long enough between drinking and eating and blah blah blah but this is a lifetime thing. Not a race. So its a mixed bag over here. But all in all mostly good!

Glad you're doing okay. It is hard to look through all the other stuff in life and focus on ourselves for a few weeks. Think it's super important though. Especially at the beginning. Hope you find some time.

Got cleared for moderate exercise and pretty much all foods yesterday with the exception of hard foods (like tough steak) so I'm feeling much better about the whole thing. Had some fish pie yesterday after my surgeon visit. The kind topped with mashed potatoes and cheese. I felt my first real restriction eating that and even though it was a tiny portion (maybe 5oz), I had to leave some on my plate. A first! Thank the lord. Thought I was going to be the first bariatric patient that didn't feel full! 😂

Still smoking free! Loving that 👍

Take care and try to find some "look after yourself" time x

Hi Sleevers. Week 4 post sleeve update. I'm down another 4lbs. Total lost since sleeve op, 32lbs. Seems to be settling to 4lbs a week weight loss which is fine by me.

food - I know I keep bitching about this but I'm still head hungry and missing my larger portions. I'm hoping this will ease as I get used to smaller portions as time goes by.

I've been trying most regular foods this week without any real problems. Pasta check, fish check, Soups with a little veg check. Tried a little rice but that was tough as it just kinda got stuck going down. I'm mainly sticking with mashed potato with everything.

Drinking lots each day and about 800 calories.

Hope you're all doing good out there.

Wow that's great. Congrats on your weight loss. I'm just curious and I know each WL program is diffferent. But during my WLS orientation, we were told that Pasta, rice and corn will no longer be a part of our diet after surgery.

23 minutes ago, Dimples58 said:

Wow that's great. Congrats on your weight loss. I'm just curious and I know each WL program is diffferent. But during my WLS orientation, we were told that Pasta, rice and corn will no longer be a part of our diet after surgery.

Thank you. I saw my surgeon last week and I was cleared for pretty much any food. The exceptions initially are tough meat and hard or crusty breads.

I think my surgeons philosophy is that you are very much restricted by the quantity you eat not the type of food. If your stomach has healed well, it can take pretty much any kind of food.

Great of you to check in and update us on progress! I love hearing how it is going. I am also curious about the Pasta (supposed to expand in your stomach) but I also feel like almost any food is possible, it's just the quantity. There's a WLS master on this site who talks about the Keto diet alot and he is a long way into this process. I like the keto because fat is encouraged (especially certain types) and Protein. Check it out under Keto or InsideMatchesOutside (his name) or something like that.

I am happy and excited because the weight continues to come off - not weighing myself all the time and sometimes I eat something yummy (cheesecake for example) and I still loose. I'm just not eating that much of anything and I try really hard to get my protein. It's so motivating to get the results! I still need to walk more (and I will). It's been crazy busy with my 3 kids - prom and all kinds of exciting stuff. But tonight I made an awesome Soup and I'm enjoying some quiet!

Wishing you well and keep the updates coming!!

Thanks

Cass

• Thanks for sharing. That's nice to know.

10 hours ago, Dimples58 said:
  • Thanks for sharing. That's nice to know.

Pleasure. I think as long as you listen to your body (stomach) and the weight keeps going in the right direction, you should be ok. As I say, the only food I've struggled with so far is rice. Soup seems to be my new friend. Not tried bread yet, I'm saving that treat for another day

13 hours ago, Cass Elliot said:

Great of you to check in and update us on progress! I love hearing how it is going. I am also curious about the Pasta (supposed to expand in your stomach) but I also feel like almost any food is possible, it's just the quantity. There's a WLS master on this site who talks about the Keto diet alot and he is a long way into this process. I like the keto because fat is encouraged (especially certain types) and Protein. Check it out under Keto or InsideMatchesOutside (his name) or something like that.

I am happy and excited because the weight continues to come off - not weighing myself all the time and sometimes I eat something yummy (cheesecake for example) and I still loose. I'm just not eating that much of anything and I try really hard to get my Protein. It's so motivating to get the results! I still need to walk more (and I will). It's been crazy busy with my 3 kids - prom and all kinds of exciting stuff. But tonight I made an awesome Soup and I'm enjoying some quiet!

Wishing you well and keep the updates coming!!

Thanks

Cass

Hi Cass. I think of this thread as my weekly therapy lol 😂 Good to jot down what I've been doing and feeling in the last week.

thanks for the keto idea. I've read a lot of people seem to be following this kind of eating plan on here. High protein and fat, low or no carb. Reminds me of Atkins. I'm mostly happy to follow something like this but I'm a carb kinda guy as well. Probably what sent me down this journey in the first place.

Don't think Pasta will do you any harm. Done most of its swelling in the pan.

Glad you're doing well. Sounds like a fun time. Cheesecake! I need to get on some of that!! 😂

Hi Sleevers. Week 5 update. Weight loss thus week, 3lbs. Not as much as I'd hoped but it's still a loss.

food - this week has been much better food wise. I keep trying new foods and pretty much everything is fine. Portions still small (thank god) but I'm finding myself getting hungry quite often. So I eat more often. Calories probably up to 800-1000 per day.

Exercise - doing 25 odd minutes a day on elliptical trainer and on stationary bicycle. Burning about 200-250 calories.

Mental attitude - besides a few regretful episodes,I feel like I'm getting a handle on this. Less food sure but I feel so much better. Healthier, lighter, fitter!

Hope you've all had a great week

Hi Claire. Fabulous. Good to have a local sleever. Did you have the surgery in Bridgend? How were the first few days for you? Xx

Hi Sorry, been a busy week. I am out in Mexico so I had it done out here. I was a tough few weeks but the hospital and everything was good. My Doctor is great. Now 19kg lighter and feeling good. Dealing with the emotional loss and stress if moving at the moment so it is a challenge but back in Wales soon. Can not wait to see my families reaction. Hioe all is going ok with you? take care and keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G925I using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats all....only issue, stomach spasms. Minimal at first, couple days ago began while sleeping and continued for a day and a half approximately two days. Not sure what stopped, feeling better now, any suggestions?

Hi Sleevers. A bit of a late update as we've been on a little holiday to France to see friends.

Managed to kind of stick to programme over the holiday. Lots of small snack type meals. The food there really does taste good .
So I weighed this morning and I'm 5lbs down. Result! Total lost since op, 41lbs!!! In just over 6 weeks!!!

Food - Finding eating smaller meals but a little more frequently much better for me. I'm finding I get kind of hungry a few hours after eating so I eat something small and I'm fine for another few hours. Still drinking plenty of tea and sugar free Fruit Drinks.

Mental health - The holiday and seeing friends did me the world of good. It took my mind off the food pretty much for a whole week. I shared about my surgery with my friends in france and talking about it helped I'm sure. They were very supportive.

Exercise - no dedicated exercise as I was doing before the holiday but I walked quite a lot and felt pretty tired. Speaking a little french and concentrating more was hard work!

Back home and back to programme now. Hope you've all had a good week or two.

On 6/10/2017 at 11:53 AM, Propo said:

Hi Sleevers. A bit of a late update as we've been on a little holiday to France to see friends.

Managed to kind of stick to programme over the holiday. Lots of small snack type meals. The food there really does taste good emoji4.png.
So I weighed this morning and I'm 5lbs down. Result! Total lost since op, 41lbs!!! In just over 6 weeks!!!

food - Finding eating smaller meals but a little more frequently much better for me. I'm finding I get kind of hungry a few hours after eating so I eat something small and I'm fine for another few hours. Still drinking plenty of tea and sugar free fruit drinks.

Mental health - The holiday and seeing friends did me the world of good. It took my mind off the food pretty much for a whole week. I shared about my surgery with my friends in france and talking about it helped I'm sure. They were very supportive.

Exercise - no dedicated exercise as I was doing before the holiday but I walked quite a lot and felt pretty tired. Speaking a little french and concentrating more was hard work!

Back home and back to programme now. Hope you've all had a good week or two.

Sounds like a wonderful holiday! Post a pic or two. We lived in France in 2009 - I swear you could eat there and not gain weight - there was something so healthy about the food even when it did consist of lots of bread and cheese! I'm also happy for your post. Great to hear how you are doing. And its all going in the right direction.

I feel like I'm learning to see the long road ahead and know that its not a quick fix even tho it seemed like it at first! And if I mess up get back at it because the 'tool' lets you do that.

Smaller meals more often for me are also working. and weighing myself less. I was so happy to put on a bathing suit that I could barely get on last summer and find that it was loose! that was such a treat.

I saw my uncle lumbering around with terrible knees (he's had both done already), sweating, pale, extremely overweight and I wanted to tell him about procedure! It is so painfully recognizable to be in that state. even losing 30 lbs (my amount so far) has made a workd of difference. I'm worried for him - he does alot of physical labour around the cottage and I fear he will have a heart attack. In any case, what can you do - no could tell me to lose weight or to eat better in the past! So how could I ever think of telling him? I guess we only have our own journeys.

Glad to have this group for a check in. Keep up the good work and the updates coming!

Take care,

Cass

PS While you were in France, this is what happened to me: Stevie arrived!! (that's her in the tiny bathroom sink)

20170604_123221(1) - Edited.jpg

Edited by Cass Elliot

9 hours ago, Cass Elliot said:

Sounds like a wonderful holiday! Post a pic or two. We lived in France in 2009 - I swear you could eat there and not gain weight - there was something so healthy about the food even when it did consist of lots of bread and cheese! I'm also happy for your post. Great to hear how you are doing. And its all going in the right direction.

I feel like I'm learning to see the long road ahead and know that its not a quick fix even tho it seemed like it at first! And if I mess up get back at it because the 'tool' lets you do that.

Smaller meals more often for me are also working. and weighing myself less. I was so happy to put on a bathing suit that I could barely get on last summer and find that it was loose! that was such a treat.

I saw my uncle lumbering around with terrible knees (he's had both done already), sweating, pale, extremely overweight and I wanted to tell him about procedure! It is so painfully recognizable to be in that state. even losing 30 lbs (my amount so far) has made a workd of difference. I'm worried for him - he does alot of physical labour around the cottage and I fear he will have a heart attack. In any case, what can you do - no could tell me to lose weight or to eat better in the past! So how could I ever think of telling him? I guess we only have our own journeys.

Glad to have this group for a check in. Keep up the good work and the updates coming!

Take care,

Cass

PS While you were in France, this is what happened to me: Stevie arrived!! (that's her in the tiny bathroom sink)

20170604_123221(1) - Edited.jpg

Hi Cass. Awww wow! Little Stevie is gorgeous!! Big hug from me.

France was a real tonic for me. We lived there for a few years before returning to the uk a few years back. I miss it and the friends we made a lot. Hopefully retire there one day.

Great that you're doing well. I like the eating smaller and more often thing but I'm worried that I'm storing trouble for later. Will it just end up large meals more often?! 😧

I feel for your uncle. My knees ached like hell mist days before the op. Loosing just 40lbs has made such a difference. Knees no longer ache. It is hard to become the great advice giver.

Heres a photo of my baby four legged girl and my better half in France.

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG