Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved today! 24 April 2017

How are you doing Leanne? Do you have your date yet? First week post op has been pretty good for me. 13lbs lost already and every day post surgery really is better. Nothing really aches just a bit tender in the tummy. Prepare yourself for nothing more than tea, coffee, squash, clear Soup and plain no fat smooth yoghurts (skyr is nice)
Just visited our local garden centre, going to pot some hanging baskets this afternoon. Life seems to come back to pretty much normal after a week or so. All that stress and worry disappears.
I don't have a date still I wish it would come soon.I am going to ring them in the next few days just to check that they have not forgotten about me ha ha.
Wow you have lost a lot of weight already well done you that must feel great.Ok so do you feel full with just tea and coffee and yoghurt? What sort of clear Soups are you having?.It seems like your doing so well at the so soon after coming out of surgery well done you I bet your feeling great apart from your pain in tummy Area.
Can I ask you a question do they stitch or glue your wound holes up?
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.If you want to inbox me as the chat will be just between us but if you want to carry on sending messages this way that is fine also.Take care chat soon.

Leanne

7 minutes ago, chucklecheeks said:
On 30/04/2017 at 1:09 PM, Propo said:

How are you doing Leanne? Do you have your date yet? First week post op has been pretty good for me. 13lbs lost already and every day post surgery really is better. Nothing really aches just a bit tender in the tummy. Prepare yourself for nothing more than tea, coffee, squash, clear Soup and plain no fat smooth yoghurts (skyr is nice)
Just visited our local garden centre, going to pot some hanging baskets this afternoon. Life seems to come back to pretty much normal after a week or so. All that stress and worry disappears.
I don't have a date still I wish it would come soon.I am going to ring them in the next few days just to check that they have not forgotten about me ha ha.
Wow you have lost a lot of weight already well done you that must feel great.Ok so do you feel full with just tea and coffee and yoghurt? What sort of clear Soups are you having?.It seems like your doing so well at the so soon after coming out of surgery well done you I bet your feeling great apart from your pain in tummy Area.
Can I ask you a question do they stitch or glue your wound holes up?
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.If you want to inbox me as the chat will be just between us but if you want to carry on sending messages this way that is fine also.Take care chat soon.

Leanne

Hi Leanne. To be honest, I've not felt hungry since my surgery. Head hungry all the time. Christ I miss a bacon and egg sandwich or a burger or pretty much anything I can chew!

Im mostly having clear chicken soup that my wife makes. Kind of a chicken and veg soup that then gets passed through a sieve so all the good stuff gets removed and you're left with a clear soup. Tastes lovely but just nice flavoured hot Water really. Jelly is ok and yoghurt is ok. Just got to get through it. 11 days to go then soft foods. No real pain in the tummy area. Everything seems to have settled pretty quickly.

Stitches are the dissolvable kind. To be honest, the incisions are really small. About 1-1.5cm long and akrwady healing up nicely. Bit of bruising but that's going now too.

Lost 20lbs now in just 10 days. Never, ever lost weight like this before!

Let me know when you get your op date and if you have any questions. Chat soon

Hi Again

Sorry I forgot your name.I think I would be the same missing my bread as I am a lover of carbs bread of all varieties ha ha ha.That is good your not feeling hungry though.Also that no real pain in tummy area that is good.

Yes I did wonder what the stitches would be.Blimey I thought the incision area would have been bigger very surprised it is quite small.
Yes I always wondered what they meant by broth I just thought it was vegetable stock or chicken stock.
I like yoghurts and jelly in fact I have been buying them already so I am prepared.Did or was you not told not told to have shakes like slim fast or just that come at a later date if not at all?

Wow that is good weightloss it was worth going through then even just to have that amount so soon.
Yes I appreciate you taking the time to ask my questions many thanks for that.

Take care
Leanne

You Englishmen (and women) seem to be doing beautifully!! Congrats and thanks for inspiring.

I was also sleeved on April 24. A day not to be forgotten. I've been doing well - recovery is good - my incisions are mostly fine except the larger one (lower left abdomin) looks like it will be a pretty nasty scar. I could care less for a scar or two - so unimportant in the whole scheme of things.

I am having a bit of a dilemma right now. It seems as if I eat (drink I should say and things like Protein Shakes and souo) I dont lose! It;s like I cant eat food or I gain weight!

I think its all about the walking piece. I have been sedentary for several years and find it difficult to get out there but I've just rented a treadmill. Hoping that will make the difference.

AND i need to stop wieghing myself so much!!

Cheerio keep up the good work!!

15 hours ago, chucklecheeks said:

Hi Again

Sorry I forgot your name.I think I would be the same missing my bread as I am a lover of carbs bread of all varieties ha ha ha.That is good your not feeling hungry though.Also that no real pain in tummy area that is good.

Yes I did wonder what the stitches would be.Blimey I thought the incision area would have been bigger very surprised it is quite small.
Yes I always wondered what they meant by broth I just thought it was vegetable stock or chicken stock.
I like yoghurts and jelly in fact I have been buying them already so I am prepared.Did or was you not told not told to have shakes like slim fast or just that come at a later date if not at all?

Wow that is good weightloss it was worth going through then even just to have that amount so soon.
Yes I appreciate you taking the time to ask my questions many thanks for that.

Take care
Leanne

I'm Nathan. I have 5 of these small incisions on my belly. One in my belly button and the others around and above that. Really small.

My surgeon didn't mention Protein Shakes. His diet plan is pretty poor to be honest. First 3 weeks, clear Soups, yoghurt and sugar free drinks and jelly. No fizzy drinks. After I see him next time I can eat pretty much what I like starting off with soft foods. Friday is a hard day for me as we always went out for a meal or had a takeaway. Tonight - more flippin soup!! Lol

2 hours ago, Cass Elliot said:

You Englishmen (and women) seem to be doing beautifully!! Congrats and thanks for inspiring.

I was also sleeved on April 24. A day not to be forgotten. I've been doing well - recovery is good - my incisions are mostly fine except the larger one (lower left abdomin) looks like it will be a pretty nasty scar. I could care less for a scar or two - so unimportant in the whole scheme of things.

I am having a bit of a dilemma right now. It seems as if I eat (drink I should say and things like Protein Shakes and souo) I dont lose! It;s like I cant eat food or I gain weight!

I think its all about the walking piece. I have been sedentary for several years and find it difficult to get out there but I've just rented a treadmill. Hoping that will make the difference.

AND i need to stop wieghing myself so much!!

Cheerio keep up the good work!!

Hi Cass. Great to hear you're doing well. My incision wounds seem to be healing quite well. Bruised to hell on my left side around the main incision but that's going. Scars just show you've experienced life lol

not sure why shakes etc should stop you loosing. If you're anything like me, you're only eating a few hundred calories a day? I'm pretty active but trying to take it steady post op and build up my exercise. Hope your treadmill works out.

I weigh every morning. I can't help it lol. If I pee, I think I wonder how much that weighed lol. I'll get used to once a day - eventually

keep updating. It's great to have someone who had the surgery on the same day to compare notes with.

take care

I'm Nathan. I have 5 of these small incisions on my belly. One in my belly button and the others around and above that. Really small.
My surgeon didn't mention Protein Shakes. His diet plan is pretty poor to be honest. First 3 weeks, clear Soups, yoghurt and sugar free drinks and jelly. No fizzy drinks. After I see him next time I can eat pretty much what I like starting off with soft foods. Friday is a hard day for me as we always went out for a meal or had a takeaway. Tonight - more flippin soup!! Lol

Hi Nathan

Yes that is what I thought it is 5 incisions. Yes my diet after is milkshakes i.e. Slim fast with fruit added plus powered skimmed milk with fruit mixed in.I think I will stick to the slim fast I don't mind them and have prepared myself and bought quite a few tins to keep me going after my op.
Do you find that you are craving foods at all?
Yes I have been told to not have fizzy aswell now I don't drink much of it to be honest only if I am having an alcoholic drink.I have been also told to not have chewing gum before and after have you been told that about chewing gum?
Take care
Leanne

Morning Sleevers. My 2 week post op update. I'm under 300lbs! Way to go me!!!

Lost 23lbs in 2 weeks and despite another week of liquid diet ahead, I'm feeling pretty good about that. Clothes feeling much looser and one of the things that made me go for the surgery is starting to happen.

I'm a car nut. Especially classic sports cars. I started thinking seriously about the surgery partly because of my small classic car Collection. I was struggling to get in and out of my cars and the seat belts on older cars are just not as big as modern cars. I used to squeeze them around me but could hardly reach forward! Not good.

After just 23lbs lost, I went for a drive yesterday and the seat belt actually fit me without a struggle. Not loose yet but no drama getting it on! Also easier getting in and out. I feel I'm on the right track!!

So, if you need an incentive, buy a little sports car and aim to squeeze in 😂

food wise, I'm still struggling with the liquid diet. My wife has been a total angel. She won't eat her dinner in front of me and goes into another room. How sweet is that!

No pain, no fuss. Still on my blood thinner injections until next week and see my surgeon next week. Soft food - T minus 1 week lol 😂😂

Little mid week post/question. I spoke to my surgeon earlier this week and he has okayed soft foods from today. Thank the lord. Soup, yogurt and jelly was driving me crazy. I miss real food!

Question. Any recipe ideas for soft foods that taste good? The thought of just scrambled eggs or mashed potato just doesn't do it for me!

Scrambled eggs IN mashed potato. [emoji39] [emoji6]

RNY 14 April 2017
SW: 295 lb / 134 kg
GW: 187 lb / 85 kg (I'll see when I get there)

Week 3 post sleeve update. Weight lost 28lbs! Think I'm in a stall as weight loss has slowed to a crawl but that's ok. It's still heading in the right direction.

Been eating one soft meal a day and then Soup and my Protein Shake for Breakfast. Settling into this routine.

Have an appointment with my surgeon this afternoon so I have lots of questions prepared.

Still missing "normal food" but the inclusion of one soft mini meal a day is helping - a lot!

Edited by Propo

Congrats to you on your progress. I wish you all the best on your new journey.

yay Propo! Sounds like you are doing great! Slow and steady wins the race... it's hard to see these people with 100 lb plus weight loss when things feel like they are going so slowly. But imagine if you kept losing 28 lbs a month.... In 4 months that would be 120! That's too fast!! You would have one loose birthday suit! Congrats and we are awesome!!

3 hours ago, Dimples58 said:

Congrats to you on your progress. I wish you all the best on your new journey.

Thank you 😘

2 hours ago, Cass Elliot said:

yay Propo! Sounds like you are doing great! Slow and steady wins the race... it's hard to see these people with 100 lb plus weight loss when things feel like they are going so slowly. But imagine if you kept losing 28 lbs a month.... In 4 months that would be 120! That's too fast!! You would have one loose birthday suit! Congrats and we are awesome!!

Thanks Cass. We are awesome!! 😂 How are you doing?