Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Columbus Area

Niki - sorry to pick the a.m. timeslot not realizing you worked night shift. How about if we move the meeting time to 11 am...does that help a little?

I think they ask the kids to wear socks while playing in the big pile of colored balls in the playland. I know lots of kids wear flip flops so I thought I'd mention this. The children's ministry group is really good about screening all workers who help in the playland. All have to agree to a police background check to help work with kids at the church which I think is great and makes a clear statement that our church take it seriously that we want the kids to be safe.

Gosh Kathi, this sounds like such fun! I'm not sure if I can pull enough money out of the budget to represent my weight in food, but I will see what I can pull together! Count me in :-)

Heather - its to purchase enough to show how much you've lost - like for you 50 lbs of sugar or something on the list... not the full amount you weigh. ROFL!!

LOL! I knew that... but 60+ pounds of food costs a lot these days *big grin*

Maybe I can bring 60+ pounds of bottled water! My daughter's graduation party is this weekend and I have 12 cases... I think I may have some left over :-)

Kathy, 10am works fine. I will just sleep when I get back home! Glad you said something about socks...my kids live in crocs, so socks would have been the last thing from my mind!!!

Juli and Niki-- I was told by the lady that supervises the church playland that they like people to bring their own socks if possible but they keep a hidden stash under the counter for those kids who happen to show up without socks so if you'e exhausted from working the night before and forget socks on the kids, we have a backup plan.

Special K and all Columbus Bandsters,

Thanks so much for the invites! I am unfortunately staying close to home due to the rise of gas prices...and I won't be able to make it up that way, but as soon as I can I will try to catch up with you all! I hope all of you are doing well and I wish you continued success with your bands!!!!!

I posted this on the yahoo list, but I didn't realize that the weekend for the food donation is during the Pride festival downtown. Sorry I'll not be able to make it.

I do however love the idea of making a food donation equal to the weight I've lost. There are so many people in economic distress...and I like the photo opportunity piece as well.

Sorry to cancel.

Juli--I am going to miss ya, but I totally understand! PM me and maybe we can get together with the kids another time!

Hi to everyone. Got back from Florida from vacation and was anxious to get on my home scale this a.m. -- I stayed off the scale on vacation because I didn't want to let it run my life.... AND....drum roll now! I lost 4.8 lbs on vacation from where I was on June 13th when I left to today! Go Shrinking Shamrocks Go!! :smile:

AND second NSV... I was able to buckle a seat belt without an extension on the flights from Columbus to Charlotte, NC on an Embraer jet that only had 2 seats on each side but I needed about 4" of the extension belt still (darn!) on the 737 jet that went from Charlotte to Florida. Can't wait until I can buckle the airplane seat belt regardless of which plane I fly on but that was such a nice feeling.

I've updated my ticker and officially crossed the 40 lbs lost milestone as of today. About 3.5 months since surgery 3/17/08 to lose 40 lbs is fantastic for me. I've already bought my 40 lbs of sugar to take and donate to the food pantry to Celebrate. I was telling my sister and niece in Florida about the donation idea and they thought is was really great and couldn't imagine what it would feel like to carry 4 of the 10lb bags of sugar around 24 hours every day. They said I should really be proud of myself. AND I AM!!

:ohmy::biggrin:;):biggrin: <--- 4 Smilies for 40 lbs!

Kathy, that's FANTASTIC news! You should be so proud of yourself for doing so well during vacation!

Got a question about the food bank... can I bring things other than food? I'm thinking of putting together several things to equal my weight loss and some are non-food items. I have fabric softener, deodorant, tooth brushes things like that. Do you think they'll accept them?

I'm really excited for next weekend!

Heather, I think they would accept the items you've mentioned. If it isn't something they normally stock I'm sure they are seeing families in need of basic items and would give them out to someone in need or get them to an agency that would.

Special K,

Glad to hear you lost on vacation. I just got back from 2 weeks off and a visit with the kids to San Antonio, South Padre Island and my mom's home in Texas. I actually lost 2 lbs!!! and I could buckle the seat belts on all the planes despite the Double Stuff Oreos and eating out all the time. I'm eating too much at a time so I probably need a fill but I'm still losing so I'm not in a hurry.

I'm still waiting to hear about my daughter's Special Olympic Track Meet schedule so I can know if I can come to the food donation this Saturday.

Susan

Juli,

I finally got my youngest daughter a bike and now all three of us have been riding around. Of course the kids have more energy but I'm keeping up. Thanks for being my inspiration. Of course I have questions. How do you know how far you are riding so that you can measure that you are going farther each day? And also does bike-butt feel better after you have lost weight?

Susan

Seebs,

Awe, I'm happy to inspire you! :crying:

You can put a device on your bike, a computer, that will measure your distance, time and rate. They are about 15 dollars at performance bicycle...or roll or any of the bike shops in Columbus.

Your butt will feel better the more you ride, even before you lose a huge amount of weight more. :ohmy: