Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Columbus Area

Juli, Congrats. That is fantastic. You are really changing. Thin, healthy, degreed. Isn't being 40 a great thing? You look so happy in cap and gown.

Susan

Hi gang. I'm writing because my family had a horrible evening yesterday. My darling daughter was in a bad car accident last night. We spent the evening with her in the emergency room. Thankfully she is home now and is doing well. I truly believe prayer saved her life as I had a bad feeling when she left home and quickly prayed for both her and her brother's safe return. She was taking him out to Sunbury for a going away party. Just a quick drop off and straight home. She always sends me a text message when she arrives anywhere, or leaves anywhere. At 7:02 she told me she had dropped him off and was on her way home. When she wasn't home by 7:30 I started worrying and was just on my way out the door to try to find her. A few minutes later St. Annes called and told us she was in the ER. It was the absolute worst call I could have ever received. I rushed to her side and there she was strapped to a body board and immobilized. The dear Lord answered my prayers to get both of my children home safely as she ended up with just a broken collarbone, a gash in her head (7 staples!) and a concussion. I am so blessed to say that she is safe and slept through the night.

Her car is most likely going to be totaled. The other people, that hit her, are fine. The trooper said they had just bumps and bruises. Apparently she was turning off a funky stop out off of Galena road and was unable to judge where the oncoming traffic was. She pulled out and the other car was coming at 55/60 mph and hit her driver side. We're going this morning to find her car and see how bad it is. The unfortunate thing is that the faulted her for the accident. She's really beating herself up over it because she never wanted to be " a teenage driver" and tries so hard to be cautious and follow all the rules.

Anyway, she saved for two years to buy that car. We will mostly likely only get about $500 out of it since it's so old and her deductible is also $500. She starts OSU in a few weeks and we need all the prayers we can get to help us find a way to get her another safe car to get her to and from school. Money is beyond tight here so we are not able to be much help. I am sure that something will come up, and in the meantime I am prepared to drive her to school and pick her up after classes as need be. I am just so glad she is safe and sound and not hurt worse than she was.

It's been a long night, I'm sorry if I'm rambling. It was quite possibly the worst and scariest evening I've ever experienced and I just wanted to share it with my friends especially as many of you know my darling daughter from our meetings. Amazing how you can have a nice dinner with your children and then within minutes have your world rocked. I just don't know what I'd have done...

Thanks for listening.

Heather,

I am so sorry that you and your family had such a scare! I can only imagine the pitting feeling you had when that phone call came! I think it is any mother's worst nightmare when they babies start to drive!

I will keep all of you in my prayers! I will keep my ears open about a car for Nici, too!

Hugs to you!

Niki

Heather,

You hang in there and take care of your baby! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Thank God she is okay!

~Carol

Pataskala,

There are a few here I think that have had Dr. Choban....Give them a minute and they'll respond.

Good luck.

Juli

Hi Pataskla,

I had Dr. Choban and know about 5 other people who had her. I am a nurse and know lots of physicians. Dr. Choban is fabulous! She is very skilled, personable, understanding, and she knows her business!!!!!

What else would you like to know? I just saw her today for my first fill; she is the best.

Heather,

Sorry to here about your daughter. I sure she will be okay. It's nice that she checks in while she is driving. I still worry about my kids and they are in there 20's.

Thinking about you.

Darla

Pataskala--I was banded by Dr Choban, too. I agree, she is an AMAZING woman/doctor! I would be will to answer questions, too...just let us know how we can help, and you can have views from a few different people! Good luck!

Kathy-FYI old navy had a sale online for swimwear...10$! You can still have the one I got before Disney this year if you want it... I am wearing Juli's cute tankinni in public now, too! Let me know and I will bring it this month to the meeting.

Niki - yes I will take an extra suit as I'm doing Water aerobics twice a week and it would be appreciated. I finally broke down and ordered one online too as my other one from the summer was worn out and too big -- a good problem!

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I've not had time to

respond to everyone individually, so I wanted to post this and let you

guys know that she's doing remarkably well. She returned to work with

me yesterday after refusing to stay home and take it easy. She's still

in pain though that seems to be getting better, she's off the

narcotics and is just taking Tylenol and an anti-inflammatory. Today

she's heading off with her friends for commuter day. (I will be

strong, I will be strong)

I am barely hanging in. My emotions are overwhelming. I'm stressed

from trying to pick up the pieces and worrying what the future might

bring as far as the accident and the financials since they cited her.

I keep trying to convince myself to take it day-by-day and not stress

out, but my pessimistic side is emerging and I just can't figure out

how to tramp it down.

Above all, I am just so grateful and thankful to God that this child

is here and I am allowed to be worrying about these things. I am also

thankful that I've been allowed two nights of sleep where thoughts of

Sunday, or the aftermath, have not entered my dreams.

Thanks again to you guys for the prayers and support. It means a lot to

us.

{{{HUGS}}}

Heather--If you need to talk, feel free to call--Anytime! I think we exchanged numbers earlier in the year, but if not let me know and I will send you my phone number!