Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Columbus Area

Good to see you back Hippigirl! I'm so glad everything went as planned!

Nurse Nikki: I am so excited for you!! Keep us updated on how you're feeling!

I have to be at Mt Carmel West at 7am for a 9am sx. Thanks for the support everyone! It means more to me that you can understand!!!

Good luck Nikki You will be in my prayers. Hope all goes well!!! Just keep us updated on how you surgery goes!!!

Kathy

Strike up the band-- St. Patrick's Day is Monday and that will put me, Sue and Greg in the Bandsters. I can't believe its here. Say a prayer please for all three of us. Thanks. Kathy

Welcome WTLI -- I would start by going to the website of each of the major programs that have bariatric programs - OSU, Barix, Mt. Carmel, and Riverside and each of them offer an educational session to start.

Second, and this is very important, check your health insurance plan to see which programs' doctors are In-Network. Some like me found that only Mt. Carmel's doctors were on theirs, others found Riverside or OSU. We have had a couple cases where folks started going to Barix thinking they were In Network only to find out after almost 6 mos of working with them that they were not, and it would have to be self-pay out of pocket.

If you are a Self-pay, insurance doesn't cover it at all, Hippiegirl went to Cincinnati and Growingpanes went to Detroit and I think both had their surgeries done for about $12K. You can Personal Message those folks for details.

Hope this helps you get a start.

Kim,

I second everything SpecialK told you. The most important thing to get started is to go to different seminars. they are all free so you can go to as many as you want. I'm including information for you on seminar dates that I could find from the programs SpecialK mentioned. Keep in touch with us and let us know how it's going!

Fresh Start Bariatrics (Riverside) Seminar Schedule

Mount Carmel Bariatric Center (Looks like you have to call for their schedule)

OSU Medical Center Bariatrics

Barix Columbus (No seminar info, but they'll send you a brochure)

Welcome WTLI.

I agree with everything everyone has said. But do realize that the band is

a tool you must be committed to changing your lifestyle. The band will not force you to lose the weight but if will help you If you are ready to make lifestyle changes. Make sure you ask a lot of questions both here and at the seminar. Remember no question is a dumb question!!! You need to enter into this well educated on this new life style and it is a NEW LifeStyle. Banding has been very good for me because I am commited to following all the bandster rules. if your problem is with sweets and chips and crakers the band may not be for you as those things go down pretty easy. Everyone is different just read and feel free to ask questions and we will help you in anyway we can!!!!

Welcome Kathy

I am doing excellent, and I think the "three amigo's" are all doing well. I check in with them on the Mt Carmel thread. Wow Hippiegirl, you are already down 20lbs?!?! That is awesome! Are you still on soft food or have you advanced to reg?

Good to hear you all are doing good.

I had lost the 20 lbs in the 3 weeks before surgery. I have not lost any since...:wub: I have been stressed and not really trying to diet. I have not gained any back but have not lost. I am on soft foods still. Ready for some salad.< /p>

Glad to see you are doing well and are about ready for salad. That is the one thing that I really missed eating for the fist few weeks. Soon you will be back to eating the things you like just smaller amounts and the weight will fall off soon enough. I don't loose fast I just lose slow and steady!!!!

Hope to see you in April.

Right now I just seem to be stuck at almost the half way point. I figure my body is just adjusting before I start to loose again. I should be use to it by now because I seem to go on hold for a week after every 10 lb loss. I guess I should go home and measure tonight to see the loss of inches.

Edited by Tyanna

I am on day 2 of Clear Liquids and I didn't think I was going to make it this far. I have one more day of liquids and then off to surgery on the 26th at 8:30am I am now trying to get things together to take with me. Any suggestions?

Slippers and a robe! I wouldn't want to walk the halls without them!!!

If you get bored easy, take reading material, laptop and stuff like that. Are you excited?? I can't believe how many of you there are in March! Good luck! See you next month!

~Carol