Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On April 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM, DMac said:

I'm May 23rd surgery date/start liquid diet on 8th of May. I've got all my pre reqs classes/appointments done, except I have an anesthesia appointment next week.

I'm not nervous about the surgery or anything leading up to the surgery, but am really concentrating on the life afterwards and being prepared for eating when surgery is complete. I'm hanging list on refridgerators and bulletin boards. Getting broth ideas and Jello all ready. I bought a Nutra bullet blender for shakes, digital food scales, scales, and some Protein Shake mixes. I know taste changes after surgery, but I felt I had to have some on hand. Protein packs, vitamin patches, energy Patches. It seems like a lot of preparation. I have to admit its a little nerve racking.

I'll also admit that I've found myself distancing and preparing for a social life that doesn't revolve around food, restaurants and going out to eat. I've picked up hobbies like painting, art tours, motorcycle riding, and working out to fill my time. I'm single, so involving a loved one or family members will make my process easier I feel. I do feel that most people I have dated or hang out with that I need to distance myself because our relationships revolve around food, pubs, bars and restaurants. It may seem like I'm trying to just surround myself with people who will make me successful, rather than old habits and situations who will drag me down. I just had to see if anyone else feels this way and get it off my chest.

I have a local support group and nurse that provide a lot of insight and ideas for post surgery life. I get a tremendous amount of information from this website which I am grateful for to everyone.

Currently, Im scheduled for the 24th. One day after you. I start liquid on the 10th. My insurance has 3 days to complete my approval. If they don't process on time surgery will be pushed back. I haven't shopped but Im just gonna take it one day at a time. Im not telling anyone besides my best friend and a co worker.

Today is day 1 of my two week full liquid pre op diet. I have to use the Bariatric Advantage shakes and I had gotten two flavors strawberry and chocolate. I can tell you this neither are great far from it actually but the strawberry one is easier to choke down than the chocolate one. Hoping the flavor will be better if I make it with skim milk instead of Water. I will be trying that later tonight. :)

My surgery date is set for May 4th! Looking forward to cheering you all on!

On 4/22/2017 at 8:57 PM, fatchocobomom said:

Still...anyone else just feel like their going to explode before surgery? I'm feeling so many emotions, and I really feel like it's so much at once.

YES. 100%. Glad to hear I am not alone in that.

2 hours ago, Sneki515 said:

Today is day 1 of my two week full liquid pre op diet. I have to use the Bariatric Advantage shakes and I had gotten two flavors strawberry and chocolate. I can tell you this neither are great far from it actually but the strawberry one is easier to choke down than the chocolate one. Hoping the flavor will be better if I make it with skim milk instead of Water. I will be trying that later tonight. :)

Ohh no! I have to use the Bariatric Advantage shakes also. I've heard that the orange and Cookies & cream are pretty good. I think I'm gonna try the orange & strawberry shakes with skim or almond milk. I don't start until May 2nd but I'm ready! Good luck!

2 hours ago, Sneki515 said:

I like Unjury. I liked the vanilla gotein, that was really good. Milk makes them taste better, imo. I used 2% though, and not skim. And the nectar Syntrax is good, though I didn't care for a few of the flavors. Made drinking Water easier. Hope I still like them after surgery.

39 minutes ago, Simply_Divine said:

Ohh no! I have to use the Bariatric Advantage shakes also. I've heard that the orange and Cookies & cream are pretty good. I think I'm gonna try the orange & strawberry shakes with skim or almond milk. I don't start until May 2nd but I'm ready! Good luck!

Thank you and wishing you a tastier shake experience :)

Hi, I'm May 8th. I'm so excited and nervous. I start my pre op diet tomorrow. I've tried the Tripact vanilla latte shake with almond milk and I loved it. I hope I still like it after surgery. I think my biggest challenge will be not being able to pick up my toddler son. For the most part he's very independent but he's a momma's boy so we always have our cuddly moments where I treat him like a big baby lol. As far as food, I think I'll be good. Although my bf loves to eat, I've convinced him I'll be a cheaper date [emoji6] so that's always a plus lol. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, I'm May 8th. I'm so excited and nervous. I start my pre op diet tomorrow. I've tried the Tripact vanilla latte shake with almond milk and I loved it. I hope I still like it after surgery. I think my biggest challenge will be not being able to pick up my toddler son. For the most part he's very independent but he's a momma's boy so we always have our cuddly moments where I treat him like a big baby lol. As far as food, I think I'll be good. Although my bf loves to eat, I've convinced him I'll be a cheaper date [emoji6] so that's always a plus lol. Good luck to everyone

You are 2 days before me, good luck! FYI my 2 boys are 24 and 16 and they're still my big babies lol

You are 2 days before me, good luck! FYI my 2 boys are 24 and 16 and they're still my big babies lol

Lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Are you nervous, excited?

On 4/26/2017 at 1:04 AM, JustMe2017 said:

So, has it gotten easier for you? I'm still miserable. (Day 4)emoji849.png

No way has it gotten easier but I'm still grinding away at it. Almost 15 pounds down though! Sorry I couldn't give you better news...but don't give up! You got this! :)

Today was my 1st day of the two week pre-op diet and I have to say it wasn't that bad. I totally looked forward to dinner time though lol. I did get a bit of a headache but I'm guessing it's because it's something my body is not used to. Let's see how tomorrow goes since I'll be in class and outside. Anyone has any recommendations on how to keep the Protein Shake cool or preparation while I'm out of the house? Wishing everyone good luck on this journey.

I just was wondering does anybody not have to do the liquid diet before surgery. I went to my pre-op testing today, and they said once they got everything back and its normal they would medically clear me for surgery. After that I just have to go to a nutrition class, but I don't have a do any liquid diet, is that normal.

I lost ten pounds like the office asked, so I don't have to do a liquid diet before hand. I just can eat after midnight the night before surgery thats it. Good[emoji4] luck

Sent from my SM-G900P using BariatricPal mobile app