Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

hi mary

I am not to far from you in NJ. I work in Fairfield so we are very close by!!

congrats on your 40.5 lbs!!!!!!!! who did your surgery if you dont mind me asking?

from what I understand PB is a nice way of saying throwing up - I could be wrong and I am sure the others will chime in to better explain it. I am not banded yet so I am not 100% on the meanings of everything.

Hi Kids,

How are y'all doing.

Mary nice to meet you. Dr. Ballantyne did my surgery in 2005, he's a great guy. That reminds me I am in dier need of getting a fill. I feel like I have nothing left and well...I'm starting to gain. I live very close to you too... VERRRRRRRRRy lolol.

Nothing much is new..... sosdd.........wtf.

I'll be back tomorrow......sorry no personals tonight ME SLEEPY.

Have a great night everyone LUV YAH.

Eileen

Pat.......OH PAT... Instead of whipping out $50.00 for that guys hat...you should have whipped out a boob ... betcha woulda got the hat (and who knows what else lolol) ROFLMFAO !!!!!

Hi---It is over, I am home....let the bruising begin! I am already turning blue!!!

I am off to lay down some more, I thought I was past it, but decided....nope laying down still sounds good.

I will have results Tuesday or Wed. Will of course be in touch in the meantime!!!

Thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts!!!

(((hugs)))

Kat

Here is me and my new man....cute huh? ~Mandy

post-204409-13813135703104_thumb.jpg

Here's another just cuz he's hot!! ~Mandy

post-204409-13813135703957_thumb.jpg

I LUV you're new guy, Mandy. He's totally hot! Of course, you're the real star!

Good morning, all. Nice to see you, Eileen! Hope you got a good night's rest, and that today isn't just a day of house cleaning...but Saturday's are like that, huh? DD spent the night with a friend, so it's quiet around here...I'm hoping she isn't doubly sick after going to a football game.

About PB's...someone around here will give you the lowdown on that...I've never had one. I get the "golfball" thing...which feels like a big lump. It hurts. That happens if I don't chew, or take too big of a bite. Even though I don't have seriously tight restriction, this happens fairly regularly, which is why I do not get any more fills. I don't want to battle any other problems, like reflux or whatever. I'd rather just battle my own self...right now that battle is a dead-even draw. I'm not losing any weight, and have put on a few. Still, I have my band after more than two years, so I'm considering it an overall win.

It's nice to have a few REAL Jersey girls on here, for a change!

Happy Saturday, everyone!

Cindy

Cindy, I'm so impressed you've never PB'd, I don't think Betty has either. Model bandsters the two of you are. I always referred to it as slime, but I have on a couple of times felt like it was coming from my toes, there is a difference, IMO.

Mandy, he is HOT! You're looking pretty flat tummied yourself, WTG!

Eileenie, if I'd whipped out a boob, he'd probably have tripped over it, now whose laughing, hahahaha!

Busy day today girlies, going to a pig pickin, yummmm.

Betty, Sherry, Patty, Darcy, Chrisy, Kat, Diane, Rene, Jess and Mary, I know I missed a few, where are your smiling faces? (I see a few of your lurking :rolleyes: )

He was hot, and my sweet little Abi told him so!! LOL. It was cute, she blushed and told him she thought he was hot. My DH almost fainted. He leaned over and told DH the it was all in her imagination. We saw him again a few days later and she told him he was her boyfriend. Then the last day we were there he picked her for the pirate sword fighting lessons, way cute by the way. When he got up to introduce them he said she was the scariest pirate in the bunch, she smiled from ear to ear. I think she's in love.

Today I am cleaning and grocery shopping. I only have 2 loads of laundry to do cuz that's what I did during the week. The two loads are sheets, it bed changing day.

I have big news. For the first time in 6 years I have a real job interview. I applied for a job at the local middle school working in the cafeteria and they have now called me back. I will be overseeing the lunch room. I'm guessing it's a monitor/babysitter type thing. But it's a real job, working normal hours. I've worked in a tattoo shop since Abi was born and for the last 2 years I've been doing the stay at home mom thing. Now she's gone 7 hours a day and I'm ready to get back to work. Wish me luck. ~Mandy

Hi girls, doing pretty good here this morning, my computer not so well, well not my computer, just a few keys on my keyboard died....I have no enter key and it makes doing much of anything difficult, it also dropped the number keypad. I am not computer savvy enough to try to figure it out, when I can go buy one fairly cheap, so intend on doing just that in a little bit, when I can convince myself to ditch the jammies for real clothes. One of my problems without it, is I cannot change lines...between it, and the limitations the board has on it's scrolling...my whole post will be run on11 Oh yeah, no caps on that side, make that-!! I will never remember, it is easier to replace it. I will check in when I get back and can type. Loved the pics Mandy, good luck with the job interview. sherry I see you on the same time I am, miss chatting with you girl......see you all when I can type....((((hugs))))) Kat

Hey Kat, try uninstalling your key board, then reload it. After you uninstall it, then turn your computer on with the keyboard plugged in and hopefully it will say it has found new hardware. It just recently worked on one of my office computers.

Howdy folks...taking some time out from my house cleaning to catch up with ya'll.

Hmmm not much has changed work wise...ssdd as Eileen would say :rolleyes: Always lots to do and not enough people to do it so one project, one issue at a time.

My son is still having an issue with his job and that really has me upset and concerned. I feel bad because the kid works really hard, loves his job and the store he works for and to boot he's never had a problem with any other manager or assistant manager like he is with this particular one. He's tried his best but there is no way this assistant mgr is going to like him in his eyes. He does what he's told but, she keeps saying he doesn't. Even the store manager doesn't understand what the issue is and now the district manager is involved. Lets just say it's basically harrassement and we're keeping documentation. I've been in management long enough to know what this person is doing is wrong...my son isn't perfect but, he doesn't deserve this stuff. Especially when, like I said, every other person he's worked for has loved him, asked him to work extra hours, called him in and they all wanted to work with him. So my son is down in the dumps thinking upper management is going to go with this assistants managers word instead of believing him because he's only a teenager. I told him that doesn't mean you lay down and be a mat for anyone...just keep being yourself, keep doing a good job and we'll see what happens. UGH. I just feel bad for him and honestly he is a caring kid and always tries to be nice to everyone but, this is taking a toll on him :( I've had to tell him unfortunately with some people you can be the perfect employee or friend and they still won't like you, as long as you like you....then you're life is good.

Sooo enough of that yucky stuff...DH went out fishing this morning, DS is on his way to work at the open house at his high school and then off to his job....I may have some breathing space to "me" time. I don't get that too often :) Hmmm wonder what I'll do. Better do something so I don't eat us out of house and home...will power is just not there.

I'm reading this book...The Four Agreements...wow...tough agreements to keep but, I can definately see how life would be simplier that way :)

Betty - Are you feeling better now? Computer fixed? Don't ya just hate it when the computer doesn't work right? Drives me insane...I have a computer geek in the house but, it takes some coaxing to get my computer worked on lol. I can understand after working on them all day not wanting to continue into the night fixing them but, it's better than hearing your wife hemm and haww cause she can't check her email hahaha

Pat - Well if he tripped over your boob you could TAKE the hat hahaha. Too cute, you made me laugh. How is the boat looking going? ya know it aggrevates me that we actually have to call to keep our numbers from being sold. Like we don't pay enough! Now they want to sell our names and numbers for a profit grrrrrr. I just made that call for our 3 phones. Thank you for the reminder here :)

Cindy - Sorry your DD isn't feeling well, hope she's doing ok today. You've never PBd huh? Never had that slime or foam crawl up your throat until you cough and bingo? Wow...good for you. I too get that golfball in my chest although I've only gotten that once since my unfill. I'm seeing my doc Wed and hoping for a slight fill...gotta go easy as I don't want reflux back. I'm scared but, I need to do something to help me not eat so much. I KNOW better but, I do still eat too much grrrr. Like you I haven't budged in weight...although I did go up 12 since january and I can't shake it. I go up and down 2 pounds sometimes 4 in a week it seems. Depends on my Water and salt intake. Stinks! Hopefully my elliptical workouts will start helping.

Mandy - I wish you the best with your interview sounds like a good job because when the kids aren't in school, you won't be either. When my son was little I was thinking of becoming a crossing guard just for that reason. However it was going to cost me more in uniforms than I would of made....whats the point. In the end the divorce was coming so there was no way I could quit my full-time job at that point. The pictures came out great and you look great in them. Jack certainly was cute hee hee

Kat - I'm glad your tests are over and I'm sending my thoughts and some healing light your way for the results. We're here for you! Sounds like you had fun with your GD..I know I'd love to cook with a little one. My son has no interest. When I borrowed my friends daughter for a day we baked Cookies, made a cake, made some jewelry and did crafts together. I was exhausted but, it was great fun. To this day I call her my crafty girl when I see her and I got her going with her interests in crafts. Hope you can relax a bit :) perhaps pamper yourself with a nice pedicure :) Oh I love those hee hee

Eileen - I hope you got the rest you needed last night :) How have ya been girlfriend? I've missed your noises and jokes cause you keep me laughing. Hugs!

Gotta run and take my son to the open house...hopefully I'll finish personals later :)

KAT, found this in another thread, this may be what happened to the key board, LMAO

"LOL HarleyNana---my DH is only begining to use the computer very much---and when he types he does the old hunt and peck, and he "pecks" HARD!!! I tell him he even types loud, he ALWAYS has the TV blaring!!! Maybe all the testosterone is plugging up their ears.....man it was hard to say that and not something TOTALLT naughty!!!

Kat

Now send him out to get you a new key board ASAP

Cindy, I'm so impressed you've never PB'd, I don't think Betty has either. Model bandsters the two of you are. I always referred to it as slime, but I have on a couple of times felt like it was coming from my toes, there is a difference, IMO.

Mandy, he is HOT! You're looking pretty flat tummied yourself, WTG!

Eileenie, if I'd whipped out a boob, he'd probably have tripped over it, now whose laughing, hahahaha!

Busy day today girlies, going to a pig pickin, yummmm.

Betty, Sherry, Patty, Darcy, Chrisy, Kat, Diane, Rene, Jess and Mary, I know I missed a few, where are your smiling faces? (I see a few of your lurking :rolleyes: )

Pat, thanks for the compliment. I still see the fat girl I was 2 years ago. I'm working on it though. ~Mandy

Sherry, that was a lot of typing, you made me tired just reading it, LOL.

I hope your son's mess gets straightened out, maybe she's got the hots for your son, ya never know.

Have a great day.