Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

I have heard nothing but GREAT things from Pat about you all! And Betty, saw your picture the other day, You look so good. I can't wait for this to be a reality for me....I'm so uncomfortable! 5'3", 240 lbs.....This will be my 51st birthday present! Surgery on Halloween and my birthday on Nov. 3!.....birth of a new me? Sure hope so!

Good Morning Y'all!

Welcome Diane! Glad you finally found us! Thanks for the compliment! You are just around the corner from a "new" you! You'll be in bandland before you know it!

My doctor charges $200 for a fill/or an unfill.

Kat you know how Pat is, she has to check out the Doctor before she uses him! lol

I have to go get in the shower, so catch y'all later!

:omg: Did I say that? OK, I went back an read my post, you gals get your mind out of the gutter right now! Although, he does like the way I coordinate my plastic wrap with my outfit....FYI, since I had a minor panic attack due to the needles during my first fill, he prescribed Lano something, a topical, that I put on b4 my fills. I have to cover it with plastic wrap to keep it from getting on my clothes :) Long story short, he gets a good laugh when I lift my shirt ;)

Welcome Diane, you're finally here :clap2:

Supposed to be 91 here today, record breaker.

Hugs all around.

welcome Diane...I havent been here too long but these ladies are GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Diane, welcome. You will love the NJ group....(better kagoscuba??) We laugh, cry and generally have fun together. We have also been known to send flying monkeys out to find missing regulars. So keep in touch. ~Mandy

Hi everyone--just stopping in to say hi to ya! Got to get dinner fixed, just wish I knew what it was going to be...might be a surprise for everyone!!!

LOL @ plastic wrapped Pat & her "feely" Dr.!!!! And maybe Betty and I like our minds in the gutter---most of the time you concur my friend!!!

Will be back to check up on everyone later---I did get my next round of tests scheduled. I have a 2 day test on the 16th & 17th, then the biopsy is scheduled for the 19th. Did another round of blood and an MRI today....too much fun!

Talk to ya in awhile!

Kat

Kat you're in great spirits with all you've been through today alone, not to mention the upcoming pokes, pricks, scans, jams...well you get the pic :eek:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :eek: I've been doubling back on the posts to get a feel for all the different and good personalities of those on this board. Wow! what a ride! I've been anxious and concerned in court, sweltering in the heat with no A/C, having too close a call with a a gunshot and shattered windshield, fun at disney, returning home to friends, sharing stresses...whether emotional or physical. I can see why Pat said ya'll are a great group. Since I saw a little of you, Here's a little of me,to start..... I have been very happily married for 25 years (30 if ya count the 5 yrs. we lived together before getting married!). I had one child, a son, who is now a young man 23 yrs. old. And an old girl German 'Shepherd named Heidi who is 10 (going on 77).

Although I've had a variety of jobs, very different from one another, I have been in the sign making field for around 25 (give or take) years.

I just got back from the Outer Banks of NC where I was able to meet and have lunch with Pat. Very nice :car:

This weekend, DH and I will be flying to PA on Sat. and returning to VA on Sun. Lucky us Pat! we thought we were going to have to drive, but we worked it out last night....booked flight and rental car! Yeah!!!!!!!

So anyway, thanks again for the welcome. I'm about 22 days from Bandland and getting more anxious every day! At this rate, I'd better ask my PCP for some valium or xanax , in oooooooooh, a week or so!!!!!!!!!! Later folks (guys AND gals!)

Diane, glad to hear you're not driving, that would have been a heck of a drive over a couple of days, then again, I get bored with the almost 2 hr drive to the beach, LOL.

Kat, I forgot to mention....you're a mess :eek:

Where are the rest of my galpals tonight? Alrighty gotta get in bed before Damages comes on, would you believe I haven't found anyone who watches that, but me, can't believe my dedication is keeping that show on the air, LMAO!

Pat I am an emotional roller coaster! I have gone from high to low all day---one minute I feel invinsible the next very vulnerable.

I am hopeful, in the possibility of it being thyroid cancer, that is something I can cope with. It is not a killer--it is highly curable and easily treated. The part that is concerning to me, is the possibility of it including the lymph glands....that is harder to consider. They will have a better idea of that following the blood work from today, and also with the biopsy on the 19th.

When I think of dealing with chemo again, I do get very emotional. Sad, angry, and scared, all rolled into one, makes a VERY bitchy Kat!!! To say it was hard the first time is an understatement....but I went into each day convinced the worst was over, only for most days to be proven wrong! But to know that going in, makes me nauseated to even think of it.

I am doing my best not to get too worked up about it. I do have 2 other tumors in my body that have remained the same for over 7 years with no change. One in my mastoid and one in the fibula of my right leg. The biggest difference is they are both in a bony area, this is not this is tissue based. But, with any luck, it too will be nothing to worry about, and can be removed, so I can get back to a normal life. It is interfering right now...mostly because I cannot lie on my back, it cuts off my air. And swallowing is not natural....and I eat like a bandster. You'd think this would help me dump some weight, but it hasn't!!!

Well that's enough thinking about it right now! I am off to the shower and then to bed.

Thanks again for all of your concern...it helps lots!

(((hugs)))

Kat