Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

Ok I don't like the others so I'm not showing them. Chrispy came out so nice in them...I'm not so happy with mine. No I'm not looking for sympathy, it was the reality check I needed to push myself to get going again that's for sure lol. Something I'm still working on is being more supportive of myself as I truly am my worse critic. We're all good at that huh?

So I got off my duff and bought myself an elliptical machine Thursday and DH was great putting it together for me last night so no excuses I gotta get on that thing today. I'm putting it out there right now....so I'll have to do it haha. I've cut back on the carbs since we got back from Disney and I lost 3 pounds, another 9 to go to get back to where I was in Jan waiting for 199 to show up. Now...to find myself a really good motivational CD to play while I'm working on myself.

Eileen - I don't there are many Saturdays that a mommy, wifey can sit around in her jammies ;) At least the thought is nice huh? We can dream. As far as the Water, actually that's another thing I've been pushing to get myself to do. I REALLY don't know what kicked in this time but, it did and while working I do get all of it in lately. It's the weekends I need to work on cause I tend to get so busy I forget to grab a bottle or carry it everywhere I go. hmm this is where the strap I got in disney would work huh? DUh! Our pool is getting closed up today...so sad. But the colors here are changing too, I do love that part of the season.

Pat - You beautiful gal you. I really do like your new avatar, you look awesome. I bet it was alot of fun meeting Signgirl, I know I've always had fun when I've met peeps from online. Chris and I met a group last year in Braintree from the BIDMC group here. It was alot of fun and funny watching what everyone was trying to get to eat depending on their stages in the Band cycle. I've been craving going to the beach again....I'm hoping to get there just to sit and reflect and listen to the ocean. I think I need that balancing :woot: I'm so glad you're back with us.

Signgirl - COME ON IN and join the fun!

Jetti - Hmm how do I explain acid reflux. Its definately a burning tightness sometimes in your chest and it makes your throat feel funny. It's the acid coming up so it can burn some or alot. At night I had it so bad that from a dead sleep I would wake up swallowing and gulping to try to catch my breath because the acid had backed up all the way up to the top of my throat. It's not pretty when you have it really bad. You're one lucky person if you've never had it. Congrats on the Nutritionist! They are really helpful...another suggestion...try SparkPeople.com its free, they give great recipes and it helps you log your food. Very supportive website!

Mandy - You're more then welcome and like the rest of us you need to cut yourself some slack. Cripe girl you lost over 80 pounds! (I sound like Chris yelling at me hahaha) Now...if I can get my ARS as small as yours I'll be posting pictures of me doing the cabbage patch :woot: You're doing awesome. Sosorry about the slight unfill....it's tough isn't it? We're looking to stop eating more than we should with the fill then we get the other stuff YUCK. I'm kinda sorta hoping for a slight fill myself this month but, I'm scared the reflux will come back. If I could only get my head to realize I'm full and stop instead of stuffing it more *sigh* I'm glad you're getting the bloodwork and I do hope they figure out whats making you so tired. You have gone through some major surgery there so maybe you're body is still adjusting too ?

Kat - I don't know how you do it girl. I'm still shakin up about that bullet geesh! I'm assuming the hunting just happen to be in the woods you were driving by. They aren't having any sniper type problems are they? We had that here in NE before and it was pretty scarey, whether it's a bullet or a BB still scarey! I'm glad you're ok. Your eye didn't suffer any permanent damage did it? You sure went through alot with the ex's of you and your DH. God knew what he was doing when he introduced you two....you both appreciate each other more for it.

Cindy - Still busy I see. AS far as chocolate man it's a bad time of year for that..Halloween is the start of the chocolate season huh? You know what I did this year....I usually get my Halloween stuff early so this year I did the same but, I got the small bags of Doritos instead of chocolate. I don't like those much so my hands aren't in the bags lol. The chocolate would of been gone already and I would have to buy more so I went this route this year. Seems to be working so far! Good luck with your cravings, just remember if you're going to eat it to SAVIOR it. I do that so it lasts longer and I can really think about what I'm doing when I eat it. One of those things I've been working on....I think about it and ask myself if I'm ok with eating it...if I can say yes with no guilt I eat it, if the guilt starts then I don't and put it back. It's hard to actually take the time to think about it though...takes practice. Good luck!

Betty - I'm glad your AC is up and running again. Its gotta still be hot down there huh? I know Florida was really hot when we were there. Then again NE is in the 80's today..go figure, we're throwing off all the trees right now lol. Take the time and go out for a nice motorcycle ride my friend :woot: We're headed to Newport RI today with 9 other riders. Just a joy ride today, no charity ride. They do a Halloween ride to Salem MA later in the month but, I still don't have leathers or chaps for that one. Too cold for me. I just hate the thought of spending the money on leathers when I'm still trying to loose. Yet another incentive to get my rear in gear haha. Hows the foot?

migbt/doc - Welcome back! I don't think we chatted much prior but, I remember seeing you in the thread before. Welcome back and dig right in :woot:

Darcy - I'm happy everything worked out and your DD is with you. She is beautiful and boy can I see you in her :woot: I love the flute...started to take lessons but, cripe I couldn't find the time on Saturdays to keep going. I had to give it up. I still have my flute though :woot: Hmmm as far as digging up the stuff....I'm not sure on the military part. I needed to get my DH's info so he can at least get a veterine's card and he had to sign the stuff. I don't know if all records are public knowledge, I'm thinking they aren't. I did have to have my DH's SS#, DOB and approx years in the military in order to get the information from the government for him. How is everything at your new house? Did you find a place for everything?

Patty - Sorry to hear about the trouble with the ex but, glad to hear you're getting yourself out there. Going to those singles things is a great thing to do for yourself. Smart thinking and keep keeping on, you're going to do fine! Hope the boys are doing well.

Chrispy - Get your butt back in here girl! (Such a busy woman :woot: ) Did I ever tell you folks what a fantastic cook she is...dangerous, yeap it is. You ever need a nice Italian recipe look her up hee hee. I know she was cooking last night with her nieces over! Hmmmm I almost went for a visit hee hee.

Ok I think I got everyone, well at least as far back at this thing will let me go. So gals.......it's October, tough seasons coming food, party, entertaining wise.......should we start posting low-cal delicious recipes to help each other through the seasons? Something we can take to these parties that are band friendly and diet smart? What do you think? Hey I'm willing to compile all the recipes into one file and email them out to everyone if ya want! THOUGHTS? Lets help pump each other up for a January start of NJ 2008 BIGGEST LOSER!

OK, it's Saturday, where is everyone? Am I the only one sitting around, being a computer potato today? I'm just enjoying my home alone time, hubby's on a golf trip, woohoo.

thanks for the explaination about acid reflux! boy am I glad I have never had that!!!!!!! and I will do anything I can to never have it!!!!! doesnt sound like blast at all!!

I am jealous of the Disney pics! I went for the first time 2 years ago and I cant wait to go back one day. I would love to visit during the christmas holidays!!!!!!! right now I am looking forward to my island vacation but I still have 9 MONTHS to go!! my goal - as well as my friend that will be traveling with me - is to lose 50 pounds by then and IF i get the band I will have better luck then without it but either way I am pushing for the 50!! the 50 will put me at the weight I was the last time I went to DR so I want to get back to that weight or lower.

have a great weekend everyone!!!!!

What a surprise! Pat...AND pictures of the gang at WDW!!!!!

Talk about a treat....and it's not even Halloween yet!

Can't wait to meet our new friend...hope she pops in soon.

See, Eileen, I'm not really working at DD's school, if you define work as something you exchange for a paycheck. I am up there practically every day...but they call this "volunteer" work. Maybe someday, though, it will be something else....I'm trusting that path to other hands, you know? I've allowed myself to be lead so far, and so far, it's been a great journey. I think it will all work out the way it is meant to be. I do sometimes, just a little, find myself stressing on making less $$ than I used to make...but then I force myself to stop it!

Kat, let us know what the doc says.

Mandy, love the pic of you and Dd...she does look like you so much!

I've got to get my DD fed and in bed...she went to a sleepover last night, followed by another birthday party this afternoon, and she's so tired she doesn't even know she's tired...and full of junk food and sugar, and it's not pretty. Come on, bedtime!

Love you all,

Cindy

Good Morning Y'all!

Wow, I have been really busy and haven't had a chance to pop in here. It is so nice to see everyone back here again!

Friday night I had a bash to go to for work. It was a lot of fun and I got to meet some people I will be working for. I am going to be moving up the ladder soon, and I will be working with different companies and new people. It's good to see the faces of some of the people although I am sure I won't remember the names of them!

Yesterday I went and got the shopping done, then later DH and I went out and had a few drinks and played some pool. Then we went and used my birthday card at Chili's. We had such a good time. Now today I have the house to clean, floors to mop, and laundry to do. I guess it was all worth it though since we had fun.

Sherry - I love the pictures! Don't be afraid to post the other pictures, we are all in the same boat. We've either been there or are there! I don't know if we are ever happy with our bodies! Have fun on the ride, it sounds great!

Darcy - What's happening with the dective work? Hope you can find some answers.

Pat - Hey chickie, you look so great! We just have to meet someday! I feel like I have known you for years!

Eileen - Yes, it is still warm here, still in the 90's, but we have a cold front moving in next week and then we are supposed to be in the 80's. I don't mind the hot weather at all, I could keep it all year long. I love being outside when it's nice, and I hate being out when it is cold!

Cindy - I hope you got some rest! I don't know why anyone ever named it retirement, you work twice as hard!

Patty - Thinking about you and hoping things are getting better for you.

Kat - Hey girl, how did the tests go? I am keeping my fingers/toes and everything else crossed for you!

Mandy - Love the pictures, and you are skinny!

Donna - Glad to see you posting with us again. How's the weather there?

Beanie and Anne - Check in girls, we miss you!

Jetti - Good morning to you! Glad you found someone on your insurance!

Well, I'm not getting any work done sitting here, but I am enjoying reading all your posts!

Everyone enjoy your Sunday! I'm going to watch the race later, I have some fresh green Beans to snap and cook. I cook a big pot of them so I can eat them for a few days. I like them a lot better than the canned ones!

Later!

Betty, I wish you could e-mail me some of those Beans. I'm the only one in the house that likes them so making a pot of fresh ones is a waste. What I do is buy the frozen french cuts one, fry some turkey bacon in my small pot, then add the green beans and a bit of Water. I let them cook until they are tender and I have that for dinner. My mom still uses regular bacon or salt pork.... I don't eat pork so it's turkey bacon for me. You just have to be careful when you add the green beans to that screamin' hot pot with the bacon grease in it. I am going to make a bit pot of beans this week. It's fall but still in the upper 80's here, which is very weird for Chicago. Last year we had an ice storm the week of Halloween, the kids had to wear long johns under their costumes. This year we have only needed long pants two days. I don't know if it's global warming, or just unseasonally warm right now. I'm not complaining at all, I hate the cold. My DH jokes that 15 mins after it snows, I say look how pretty it is, now when will it be gone. LOL. I too have house work to do today, and I have to paint the basement next week. The flooring is all done, and the trim has all been primed, I just have to paint so it can be installed. Will the home improvements ever end??? I'll check in later. ~Mandy

Good morning girls--

It is so good to see everyone posting again---life is cycling...summer is coming to a close, and home feels like home to me again! This summer we spent a huge amount of time making mini trips here and there on the bike...was great fun. But I do like the seasonal changes, by the time one rolls into the next, I am usually ready. I am not a big fan of winter...it COULD be a shorter season, and not hurt my feelings!!! But the snuggle in at home, with DH, a fire, something simmering in the crockpot, and vegging in front of the TV is sounding more appealling!!! Not mowing the lawn won't be too sad either! If we could get this shop up, and eliminate the junk from my garage that is overflowing into the house, it would help immensley!!!!

My mammogram come back good, got the notification by mail yesterday---shows no signs of cancer....yea!!!

My ultrasound showed tumor growth on my thyroid. Will be seeing a surgeon, and an endocrinologist, as soon as I can fine an endo. who will take my insurance. We have none where I live---not just none who take my insurance, we just have none. So I have feelers out into Colorado, and into Albq. trying to find one who I can see. Meantime I will see a local surgeon next week. Why? I have no idea. I am not going to let them operate on me, but it is a required step I suppose. I want an endo, so they can biopsy it and determine what's going on BEFORE I deal with a surgeon!!! Will keep you posted. Kinda unsettling, but I am ok. If need be the thyroid can be dealt with---it could be much, much worse.

Thanks for all your concerns!!!

My eye is fine, the windshield replaced. And yes, where I was driving,was in the mountains of Colorado, where many different hunts are on. The Sherrifs deputy made out like it was not a hunting issue because it was not a huge rifle shot....but as Rick pointed out, there are multiple hunts...not just large game! He looked at our friend Gary's proclomation, and it is legal to be hunting dove, and it is always legal to shoot coyote's...just 2 that would require a smaller shot. I believe it was nothing more than a freak accident, I was shocked to find out it was not just a rock! But the truck and I are both back to good again!!! Don't see myself going there alone again though---!!!

I told you last week about hooking up with my old friend that I had been apart from for several years. Since she made it back home, we have talked on the phone almost everyday! We have once again exchanged all of our contact info. When the state moved her to Alamogordo, they lost 8 boxes. The boxes, were included in another load of freight they told her. In one of the boxes was both her address book, and her bulletin board from in front of her computer. All of her computer desk, computer, software, everything she packed from that area of her home, was gone. She never called after getting moved in...her email had changed of course....eventually I called her Mom, and her number had been disconnected, she had moved in with my friends brother...it was all these hit and miss connections, until finally she just showed back up here, and we have them all down again!!! She is getting married next summer---it is official now! July 11th! It is so good to be connected to her again!

Then here a couple of months ago, I was contacted by a LBT member wondering if I was in an area close to where she was going to be visiting family and coming to work for a weekend. We figured out she would be just a few miles away! So yesterday she called, and we got together, and had a GREAT time!!! We just sat and drank ice tea and talked for hours! We had a great waitress, who just kept filling the glasses, and leaving us alone! She even took some pictures for us, and didn't want us to pay for our tea!!! I told her fine, then keep it as a tip! Kelly, was great! We never ran out of things to talk about, we just ran out of time! Her mom lives not too terribly far from me, so I know I will at least get to see her from time to time, I look forward to it, it made for a wonderful day!!!!

I will include the pics! ON LBT she is want2bmeagain.

I too have laundry going, and housework underway...took a break and sat down here, and threw some things together, calling it a quiche for Breakfast, and waiting for it to finish cooking!!!

Sherry, I agree, I had to back scroll and look for the tatt!!! Pat is right, it IS a tapestry, did you ever just take a pic of it for us??? I think you and Mandy both need to take some pics of them and show us. Looks like you all had a great time!!! I am jealous!!! I keep thinking we will go again this year, then I put it off, let the kids get a little older so they remember it!! I took my DD several times, but she only vaguely remembers any of them before kindergarden. Not sure I can wait that long!

We are going to have Mason as Darth Vadar, Ally as a Pixie, Lindzie as a Geisha, Kinsey as a Queen, and Connor as a devil for Halloween this year.

Connor screams everytime you even try to get him to try his devil suit on...and Kinsey is not wanting to be scary... so....they could have a fun night!!! I intend on getting my Halloween things out this afternoon...I have tons of scarecrows, kinda like them!

Well I am going to go and eat my Breakfast now that it is done, and get busy. Will check in with y'all later!

Kat

I did this in Quick reply, will have to go advanced to add pics I think...will go try it, if not I'll be hollering for help!

And the last one, and yes girls, I know I need new clothes that fit!! I suddenly need long sleeves, and have NONE that fit!!!

And you can see I reacted to the one gel they used to scan my neck area---it is not itchy, just red!!

Kat

post-207166-13813135583517_thumb.jpg

Hi girlies, I'm still alive - just busy. :D

Mandy girl, I think you look SMALLER in person! You look absolutely great and I would not lie to you!

Kat, you look amazing by the way!! You're doing fantastic!!

Hi to everyone else. :grouphug: