Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

Hi crew!

Woohoo Jessica, you will be a bandster in just days!!! It will be such a wonderful thing, just you wait and see!!!

I had day 2 of my tests done today, and survived. Now I have nothing until the biggie on Friday, the biopsies---yuck!

My stomach has been trashed lately too!!! Last night I attributed it to the pill they gave me for this test---but DH's was the same way---he was so gassy he dang near knocked the house off the foundation, lucky for us, it was just passing air, and did not run us out odor wise!!!! So I guess it may have been some bug. Feel better today, but we have Soup cooking, to take it kind of easy.

Kind of....because it has some green chile in it!!! It is a creamy chicken, green chile & cheese soup he loves. It is easy, so I said sure!!!

Betty hope you are feeling better too, and Cindy, hope Haven is ok.

I better get with it, I have lots to still accomplish...Manda is on her way home, so I lose my overnight guest. I would have thought I would be excited, and tired of being "mama" again, but I have loved it!!! It has not been hard, she has been so well behaved, I find it just hard to believe!!! I am going to miss her little laugh in the evening, watching her play with Papa. When I told him she was leaving tonight, and he wouldn't have to worry about his state of dress, his only comment was "it was worth it, I'll miss Paula." He calls her Paula Punk.

Will try to check back in after dinner sometime.

Mandy, I will let you know when my DD goes to contact you! Thanks so much!!!

Kat

Kat, she needs to give some notice. Planning a Disney trip as far in advance as possible is always best. Some of the best (most fun) dining places fill quickly. Also I can get some great deals if she gives some notice. ~Mandy

Welcome msmary, pull up a chair and a keyboard and tell us all about yourself.

I'm Kat, and I chat with these fine folks---some actually from Jersey, even though I am in New Mexico!!! I love these guys!!

I am married, with 3 kids, and 6 grandkids...who I rattle on about endlessly!! I got my band in April of 06---and love it more than I can say! We look forward to hearing about how things go with yours!!!

Welcome!

Kat

MsMary, Hi I'm Mandy. Also not from Jersey. I live in Chicago and also love all the people here. We are a great little group, welcome. I am a mom to a 6 year old, and a total Disney nut. I was banded july 2005. ~Mandy

msmary

Im 29 from nj single no kids - im a little more boring then the lively ladies and gentlemen here.

I should here about my insurance by the week of the 29th. I just had my first consult with the surgeon yesterday so they will get my file together and submit all the paperwork no later then monday. but they schedule a date with the mind set that insurance will give an approval. I dont have any reason to believe i will be denied but I am still a little worried. I am even more worried that the surgery is in LESS THEN 3 WEEKS!!

now tell us all about yourself!!

ok so i tired to edit my last post because of spelling error and WTF was that about?!?!?! I have never tried to edit before and I never will again. whats with all the smiley faces???

I apologize for any and all spelling errors from here on out because I will never edit a darn thing

Jess, those happy faces are a pain in the a$$, can't imagine why they can't fix it, wasn't like that in the first years.

MsMary, welcome, most of us here have our band, with the exception of a few, ie, signgirl, she's to be banded Oct 31.

ILUVHarleys and myself are old timers :mad:..(ok well at least in my opinion)

Good Luck!

Hey ladies! It's been a while since I've posted but I've been lurking. :( Things have been so busy lately, so today I took a "mental health day" from work. I hadn't been feeling all that hot the past couple of days anyway so I figured I needed it. Not much else new here except that I finally joined the gym. Hopefully that will keep things plugging along. I'm still out there dating too. I have a date Sat night with a guy I went out with a few times right before my friend got really ill. I think our timing was off, but we kept in touch. So we'll see how that goes. It's been too long since I've posted for personals, but I've been following along and am thinking of you all.

Hi msmary, I'm Chris, from MA. 33, single, no kids, had my band just over a year. And, like everyone else, think this group is great. Welcome!

awwww copycat aye? hhahaha hmm I could use another mental health day myself. It was wonderful and really needed this week. I hope you have a wonderful day off my friend!

Good morning, girlfriends!

Msmarymac, welcome! I hope I spelled that right, but like we were saying...NEVER go back to edit!!!! It is not worth it! Those smilies are just plain evil in that screen, and I have no idea why that happens.

I'm from North Texas, way north...pretty close to Oklahoma, actually! I stumbled upon the Jersey group by clicking on a chat thread and jumping in...about two years ago! Nope, I haven't left yet! I was banded July 2005, like Mandy. I'm also a Disney nut like Mandy, but don't get to go down there as much as I would want to. LOVE the gals here, and would have most likely dropped off the site if it were not for these wonderful women on this thread, and that's the truth. I suppose I'm an "old-timer" also, since I am rapidly approaching my 52nd birthday....but maybe that applies to how long we've had our bands...but either way, I might fit in that category! LOL! Hope you can come here to relax, chat, ask questions, and enjoy your time here!

My DD is home sick today...her cough developed into something that involved a fever...and she is missing a field trip today, and she isn't one bit happy about that. I can't blame her. She has missed two days of school due to being sick and she's in 5th grade...one was a snow day anyway, and now this one which is a field trip! Bad luck, huh?

Her birthday is this Sunday! She'll be 10...the years fly by, don't they, moms? I know we all look back on our kids' birthdays, and I see her little tiny baby self in the picture of me holding her the day she was born, and it does NOT seem like a decade ago. In another decade, she'll be in college (well, that's the plan anyway). Okay, that's freaky. Back to the present tense...LOL!

Kat, thanks for keeping us in the know on your tests...I'm still praying for you!

Hugs all around,

Cindy

Cindy, snow this year? In Texas? So sorry she missed her outing, I barely remember that far back, but field trips were always fun.

Chrispy, can't believe it's been over a year, it seems like just a few months ago you were banded, yikes time flies. Chris maybe you'll bet lucky :(:).

Oh yeah Cindy, my two sons just had birthdays....drum roll, one turned 30 and the other 34, talk about OLD!

Kat, any results yet?

Sherry, just take a day, we won't tell :eyebrows:.

Hey girlies, Eileenie gave me this # for opting out of Verizon's plan to give out cell numbers, ty ty ty Eileenie, just called and because I've got 11 phones on my plan, I had to call another number, but could you imagine if all my phones were getting slammed with advertising calls, :omg:.

The number to call if you're a Verizon customer is 1-800-333-9956, stop them in their tracks :biggrin1:.

So nice to meet all of you!! My name is Mary and I am 40 yrs old. I live in Wayne NJ and I have a 17 year old son. I was banded in April 07 and I am down 40.5 lbs as of today!!! So far I love my band and I think it is the best decision I ever made.

Can someone explain to me what PB is? I see that a lot but I am not sure what it means.