Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ October Thread

Diane-SG, (signgirl)Nov 16th, that's my anniversary....the marriage one, lol, 39 LONG years.

Diane, SS (sunset), wow how special is that.

Hugs every one, gotta run.

Pat, ...39 years huh? Long time! Ya got 9 years on me. But seriously folks..........

Gettin' pretty antsy here:nervous. Tomorrow, nothing but liquids. Leave work early. Pack an overnight bag (just in case).

Yep, pretty antsy.:(

Good Morning Y'all!

Busy here too! I started my training Monday and so far so good. I also got moved to my new desk and I love it!

I had company on the weekend, I baked a big sheet of apple slices and wanted to take some to work. Well trying to do too much I guess, I got my icing too thin and every time I tried to cut one it looked awful! I ended up putting them all back on the sheet and shoving them in the fridge. DH will be happy though!

Signgirl - Good Luck with your surgery! We'll see you in bandland! Don't forget to let us know how you did when you get a chance.

Catch you all later!

Good morning girlies, BURRRR, it's 37 degrees here this AM, I actually broke down and switched the thermostats from AC to Heat.

Diane SG, I'm so excited for you, I think I'll schedule a fill :D.

Later girls, I'll be back with pictures of the new boat.

ok so I tried my Designer whey Protein Powder today mixed in with a slim fast and I damn near vomitted!!! I got through maybe a quater of the drink and dumped the rest. it was nasty!! so I just ordered unflavored Unjury and I am hoping that this stuff really is unflavored!!! I want to be able to mix it will anything and not taste it - do you folks have any other Protein mix suggestions??

Unfortunately, ANY Protein Drink will have flavor to it just because of what it is...the flavored ones mask the horrid taste. IMHO. I couldn't stomach any of the unflavored powders. I ended up using Slim Fast Low Carb (because it has more Protein in it than the Slim Fast High Protein drink...go figure) or I'd use AES Edge (something like that found in Walmart or GNC) had a purple blue label chocolate protein powder. I would mix the powder in skim milk, and add in 1 tsp of Peanut Butter and 1 tsp of sugar free banana pudding mix. The peanutbutter and banana pudding took the edge off the flavor of the protein powder stuff.

Good Luck Diane---see ya in bandland!!! Be sure to save some room for Jessica in bandland, she will be here soon!!!

Pat our wedding anniversary is the 10th of November. Took us too long to get our chit together to make it 39 years!!! But we'll get there!!!

Was cold here too, but dry, and supposed to stay that way through Halloween. Kinsey is so excited, Lindzie too, Connor has not got a clue and refuses to keep his costume on. Kinsey hasbeen down with a tummy ache, hope it is better, after her ordeal last summer, it always scares me!

We spent the morning making Cookies. It is amazing what a lazy Granny can do!!! We took store bought rolls of sugar cookie dough, and sliced it, then used the end pieces, and formed little stems, attached them to each circle, and voila` pumpkins!!! I wish you could have seen the look on Kinseys face when I made the icing go from the white to orange with just a few drops of food coloring---she was so impressed!!! I am a magic Granny!!! Then she made faces with chocolate chips---most of them you can tell are jack o lanterns!!!

I always have a housefull for Halloween---and my DIL says they are coming here and just spending the day, and going trickor treating from here. I love my grandson, but am not looking forward to that---he is into EVERYTHING!!! And either I am the mean Granny or he gets away with it, she does not correct him. I have said things so many times, it just falls on deaf ears.

Well, I hope everyone is ok---will try to get back after the next cookies are done~

Hugs---

Kat

Hi all, we had a crazy weekend, I'm glad it's over. I made 25 treat bags this morning for Abi's class. Tonight I'm making a worms and dirt graveyard. Her party is tomorrow and the whole school does a parade around the block so the moms have time to set up for the parties. It's cold here, but I'm not complaining as we normally have ice by now and today the low was 42, so it's warmer than normal. We will actually get to wear costumes without big heavy coats woohoo!!

I bought a beautiful roast for dinner tonight. Other than that it's pretty calm around here for the moment.

Diane, I'm sure tomorrow will be fine, the band surgery is a simple procedure. Keep us updated on your progress. We are here to help and support you after surgery. I agree with Sherry, the EAS is good so is the Atkins chocolate. I like the sour apple or green apple nectar, it's good but a very strange color.

~Mandy

I got the job!!!!!

I am so excited, now I have to wait for a call from the school district office to fill out paper work. Looks like I start next monday!! ~Mandy

Good luck Diane!!

And congrats Mandy!! Wahooo!

Hi to everyone else. :) Kat those Cookies sound yummy! Thank god tomorrow is Halloween. I have to get this stinking candy out of my house. lol. Tomorrow I have a Halloween date with my new guy. We're going to pass out candy and watch scary movies. Should be fun!

Wooo Hooo Mandy---yay for you....Booo for us, we will miss you around here while you are off working! But what an opportunity to work the same schedule as Abi, I don't blame you I would have jumped for that job too!

Chrissie, have fun on your date---we always have a houseful of people for halloween, 20-30 all the time. I ran a daycare for so many years, everyone knows mine is a safe house. They all come here and use this as their potty stop, and drink stop!!! They also know I have special candy for them. Now my day care kids are bringing thier own kids around!!! I am getting sooooo old!

We too need candy and Cookies out of the house! I am not as tempted as my DH and it is killing him! He is working so hard to get back into shape!

Well I smell my stuffed jalapenos, I better go check them and get the rest of dinner done.

Talk to y'all later, or tomorrow if there is time.

Hugs!!

Kat

Kat, I'm sure you'll arrive at 39 in due time, LOL.

Mandy, congrats on the job, hope you're as happy a few months from now.

Diane, you'll be fine and I'm sure you haven't forgotten a thing.

I'm not much of a candy person, but hide the bag of cheese crunchies. I really do think I need a fill, I don't usually get hungry until days end, but boy can I a lot of what I can eat, does that make sense, haha.

Thanks folks!!!!!!! I was so touched by all the well wishes from ya'll! Made me smile :) , I took off work early and went berserk cleaning the house and doing laundry....guess I didn't want to have any annoying thoughts: gotta do this, gotta do that gnawing at me!

I pulled out all the band literature, for a last minute cram! I'm fretting that I won't remember what I need to or that I need to know specifics that aren't second nature to me yet.

You veteran banders are proof to me that it'll be o.k. I can't wait to be done with this pre-surgery anxiety.

Thanks again all! I write as soon as I'm able :)