Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2017 sleevers - how's everyone doing post-op?

Tomorrow will be 2 months post-op. In the beginning, typically gas pain but outside of this nothing major.

I realize the journey has just started, but I'm so happy I had the procedure.

SW 372 GW 260

Tomorrow will be 2 months post-op. In the beginning, typically gas pain but outside of this nothing major.

I realize the journey has just started, but I'm so happy I had the procedure.

SW 372 GW 260

SW 372 GW 260 CW 326

Almost 2 months for me too best step ever it's hard but worth doing it🏃🏻‍♀️👟

I go for my 6 week post-op visit tomorrow. So far, I have done very well. Not one after-effect. No pain, no nausea, no fatigue. I feel very much like myself and feel so blessed to have come this far without any real glitches. I am losing SLOWLY and am told over and over again that this is normal, especially since I had just made the criteria for surgery with my weight. Despite all that is said, I still do feel HUNGRY and have a tough time staying full and satisfied. I am still not eating everything and am basically keeping to the Stage 4 diet. In two weeks, I will feel free to start adding lots more foods and can't wait to have caffeinated coffee again. I just haven't enjoyed a cup of coffee since surgery and miss having that time with my husband in the mornings.

So, I guess it could be said that I did amazingly well with my surgery and recovery and am happy to have it all behind me. I was so leary of the "rules" and afraid that I would do something wrong and screw it all up for good. It isn't easy by any means but it was not as difficult as I had envisioned.

Oh, I must add. I do have a very tough time with liquids, getting enough in. That is my only complaint. I cannot get the recommended outrageous amount of fluids in every day. I do not get dehydrated but don't drink nearly what I am supposed to. With the half hour before/hour after rule, the eating slowly and the exercising, there simply are not enough hours in the day. I am a poor sleeper, waking up early every day. I try to get fluids in soon after waking but I also go to bed early (I'm tired from waking up so early) and that shortens the time for drinking considerably. Wonder how others are doing in that area?

Today is 6 weeks since surgery. I'm doing pretty well, but still having a hard time getting enough Protein and calories. I'm down about 26 lbs since surgery, but the past week I have been losing/gaining the same 2 lbs. The only glitch I've had is dehydrated and last week had to go to hospital for infusion. My electrolytes/vitamins, etc, were low, and was very weak. Since the infusions, feeling better. The thing that still bothers me is I'm still tired all the time, and most days actually need a nap for an hour or two. Anyone else having this problem?

This week is 2 months post op for me. Still low in energy but as close to normal as I was before surgery. After puree my weight's been dropping slowly. But I'm just glad I'm losing.

Height: 5'0"
Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.
Surgery date: 2/13/17
Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).
Current weight: 173 lbs
My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

Today is 6 weeks since surgery. I'm doing pretty well, but still having a hard time getting enough Protein and calories. I'm down about 26 lbs since surgery, but the past week I have been losing/gaining the same 2 lbs. The only glitch I've had is dehydrated and last week had to go to hospital for infusion. My electrolytes/vitamins, etc, were low, and was very weak. Since the infusions, feeling better. The thing that still bothers me is I'm still tired all the time, and most days actually need a nap for an hour or two. Anyone else having this problem?

I'm in the hospital waiting to be discharged. I'm full of energy but liquids are a little harder to get in now. Will have to be careful and just keep sipping, sipping, sipping. I'm m so glad that it's finally finished - now I can really start my my life (I feel I've been hold for far too long).

Had my sleeve 1/17/17 everything is going great down 17 sense surgery,the only thing is when I take my Vitamins still chewables I get so nauseous!!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, I had the same problem too. So I walked and walked and walked. Got to know most of the other patients and the nurses too.

Yes, trying to restrict myself to 30 minute naps! The two hour ones screw up my day plans and nite sleeps.

At 9.5 weeks out, I seem to be hovering in the same five pound range for the last two weeks :( I do NOT like stalls!

I'll make you feel better😜 I was sleeved 2/15/17 and have only lost 20 lbs since surgery. Talk about frustrating!!

I went for my 6 week post op visit today. I have lost 14 pounds and was told that I am right on target. In fact, I'm ahead of target! The expectation is 2 pounds/week. The problem is that we think we should be losing quicker when we read about others. My NP said that a lot of people include the pre-op weight loss numbers in their total to-date number so it appears that they are losing more. Ten pounds a month!!!

On 4/12/2017 at 9:24 AM, nonnilynn said:

I went for my 6 week post op visit today. I have lost 14 pounds and was told that I am right on target. In fact, I'm ahead of target! The expectation is 2 pounds/week. The problem is that we think we should be losing quicker when we read about others. My NP said that a lot of people include the pre-op weight loss numbers in their total to-date number so it appears that they are losing more. Ten pounds a month!!!

Good to know! It seems I'm losing at a rate of about 12-13 pounds a month if I don't include the pre-op weight loss.

We started back at school this week and I just found out that there's a tweet going around about how "slim" I've become. Although the funny thing is, is that students in real life who want to congratulate me on my weight loss still stumble over calling me slim as it's clear that I'm not (I try to offer them the word "slimmer" but they just don't use it). ;-)

I have to admit that their excitement over my weight loss feels pretty good - even though (or because) they're young (19-20 years old) they're much more vocal, excited and supportive than my colleagues around me.

Doing better. Sleeved 2-8. Finally on regular food but find I can't handle any type of meat very well. So still having trouble with hitting Protein goals.

I'm still nauseated every day but surgeon told me basically suck it up. Offered no anti nausea meds or anything. Same with the diarrhea problem. He said to expect stools to be loose the rest of my life. Not sure I believe him though.

On the plus side I broke the 300 mark and am 299!!! I still go between 301 and 299 so I think I've plateaued.

But overall I think I'm doing better!