Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2017 sleevers - how's everyone doing post-op?

I was sleeved on the 15th / about the only things that sit well are plain Water and Popsicles - I am starting to get concerned because I haven't been able to poop yet. Pain is minimal- got my On Q lines out today (freaky feeling- but not painful)

I also had my sleeve on the 15th!.. no pain but uncomfortable ...It's been very difficult to sip sip sip up to 64 oz!!!..... No even 1/3 of that and worry.... No poopoo and 2 pipi thru all day...Don't want to visit ER!

Other than the first week of liquids, there appears to be no limits on liquid intake. Purees and real food are another matter entirely. That said, a "sitting" lasts quite a while - at least an hour or more to finish the liquid. But since we are supposed to get 2 litres of liquids in a day, it certainly helps. However, over the last two days, for whatever reason, I can't consume as much - 1/2 to 1 cup is about the most I can handle at one time. And I'm going to stick with that, because I think you're right - even if I can consume more, I probably shouldn't. But even the day after surgery when we could start to drink again, I had no problem whatsoever drinking what they gave me in a short amount of time. I really wish I had more restriction at times. I really have to focus more on staying within limits as my body/sleeve is not really providing the limits for me (at this time anyway).

I've only felt a restriction once. I can drink fluids ok. I take my medication all at once no problem. I'm going to stick with the food limits that is recommended by my surgeon during each food stage.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, Olypie said:

Was sleeved on the 8th. Super nauseous and dry heaves like crazy in the hospital.

I did my walks and felt better but wow did not expect that.

Now that I'm home I find my back hurts like crazy and I think it's from the coughing I'm doing.

Struggling to get my Protein and liquids in though. Hoping it gets a bit easier as the days go by. Right now it's hard to get my walks in as I feel dizzy a lot. So I do a few minutes at a time.

It may have been from the anesthesia. I have that reaction to it. Now, I tell them ahead of time and they generally give me meds in my IV to counteract and sometimes the patch behind my ear also.

I'm 6-days post op. The first 2 days were hell for me. I didn't expect the pain to be so bad. I felt my best yesterday, 5-days post op. I finally walked more than 30 minutes outside. It was refreshing. Had my first bowel movement 5-days post op, & released a lot of gas. So, today I feel good too. It gets better everyday. The only thing that painful is my big incision in the left side. There are times where it stings. It's not infected, it's just a big cut they took my stomach out of.

Yesterday I started to gulp Water which is not good. I regret it after I gulp. It's just a habit of mine to down water so much before surgery. It's still hard to get the exact amounts of Protein & liquids but it gets better everyday because I'm consuming a better amount everyday.

I lost the taste for the Unjury powder. I shouldn't have bought so much. Premier is still my choice pre & post op.

Height 5'0"
Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.
Surgery date: 2/13/17
Goal: - 71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).
My profile picture is not me. It's my "FitSpiration" body.

Has my sleeve done 2/13 and have been off pain meds for 3 days. Having some chest pain and still a lot of gas

From my journal today:

Sleeved on 2/14.

Day 5 after surgery: Woke up again with extreme nausea this morning and pain in the center of my chest. I actually did gag and dry heave this morning. Once I was able to get all of my med down, I feel ok after 15-20 min.

The doctor called to check on me this afternoon. He said he thinks the nausea is from the swelling in my stomach and that it's worse in the morning from laying there longer. Tomorrow I am going to try taking my medicine 30 min before I want to get out of the bed. I'm hoping this will ease me into the morning.

I'm getting a little discouraged because I am not losing weight as fast as I expected. I haven't lost anything since I logged weight last.

Edited by AlabamaGirl

Hi Shelley I was sleeved on the 13th too! My big incision still gives me a lot of pain and trouble. I feel stiff walking in the mornings. Other than that I am able to do 20 minutes of walking a day and am going back to work tomorrow. I wish I could take a few more days off but I teach middle school and am out of sick days! I can drink fluids pretty easily as long as I take sips not gulps. I do feel hungry much of the time, hopefully this will get better in 2 weeks when I can eat purees!

Had sleeve surgery 2/15. Doing GREAT and feeling GREAT!! Not having any pain and very little gas. No gas pains either. I'm very happy so far. Dr Cervantes was my doctor and it was a very good experience.

I'm in a lot of pain this is worse than my c section pain

My surgery was on Feb. 16th and I am having a lot of gas pain. Also, I'm having a hard time getting the recommended Fluid intake. I feel full so fast and I'm unable to get them all in. My incision pain is not bad. I'm just wanting something other than fluids and Protein shakes!

Hi, had my surgery 2/15, home 2/16, minimal pain, reached 60 grams Protein yesterday, drinking 64 oz of Water, but it's a struggle to continuously sip. On full liquids for 2 weeks, waking total 60 mins a day
Glad I found this forum. Wishing everyone a speedy recovery!

Sleeved on 2/15 and went home same day. No pain meds once I was home... gas pains were intense in waves, but gas X strips were a life saver in those instances. Haven't thrown up either, which was my number 1 fear in the whole process. So yay!!!!

Struggling with liquids/protein, but seem to be picking up 10 more oz each day. Today may be the first day I reach 64oz.

Feeling great, moving and walking, but feel exhausted quicker. I'm thinking the low calorie intake?

Also dealing with really really dark urine. NUT called and we went over intake and she didn't seem to think it was dehydration, but Ketosis.... possibly extra electrolyte dumping from Gatorade yesterday.

No regrets, but I'm over Protein shakes! The froth after mixing them makes me want to gag!

33lbs down since start of pre-op diet on 2/1!!! 7 down since surgery.