Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 2017 sleevers - how's everyone doing post-op?

Hi all,

Just checking in. I was sleeved 2/6. Yesterday was the closest I came to getting my Protein. (53g). I felt like celebrating to break the 45g mark. My tiny little swollen tummy is healing. I was able to eat a 4 ounce cup of broth in one sitting! Another celebration:-)

I don't think you're expected to get it all in so soon. That is what the full liquids phase is for. Healing and giving your tummy a moment to adjust.

I'm already collecting yummy recipes for the purée phase...

And I can't wait to sleep on my tummy too!!!! Maybe tonight!!

Take care of yourselves!

I was sleeved on feb 2 and im down 18 pounds starting weight 233 now at 215. Im only 10 days out and i just started the phase 3 part of my diet i can eat a small 3-4 ounce piece of fish and like a tbs of cottage cheese. I feel like im eating too much. My stomach is healling great have no bandages only sore when standing up but been cleaning house and going places since i had my staples out on Thursday feb 7. So im thinking im doing pretty good just so scared im eating too much. Ive been drinking Decaf coffee since the 3rd of feb just now starting to taste alright

I had my surgery on 2/8. I am not in any pain anymore, just a dull soreness in the one incision. I cannot STAND Protein Shakes. It seems to be the consistency and sweetness combined. I have subbed in Fairlife milk instead of Protein shakes to get SOME protein in, and it seems to be working okay.

I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday with the typical REGRET phase. I was talked out of it by some friends and my husband. I am still on full liquids and basically couldn't handle it anymore....I decided to scramble an egg. It's a week ahead of where I should be!!!! I ate it all, didn't feel too full, and didn't get sick! Ugh- very disappointed for not following the rules. Anyone else jump the gun?

Sleeved Feb 7. Heeling good and have energy. Dull pain when sitting up but I think it's cause I have a dry cough if I dint drink enough.

Everything is going down the hatch easy. Today I hit my 70g of Protein.

Also down 30lbs since starting pre-op 3 weeks ago

On 2/16/2017 at 1:44 PM, theprettyplus said:

I had my surgery on 2/8. I am not in any pain anymore, just a dull soreness in the one incision. I cannot STAND Protein shakes. It seems to be the consistency and sweetness combined. I have subbed in Fairlife milk instead of Protein Shakes to get SOME Protein in, and it seems to be working okay.

I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday with the typical REGRET phase. I was talked out of it by some friends and my husband. I am still on full liquids and basically couldn't handle it anymore....I decided to scramble an egg. It's a week ahead of where I should be!!!! I ate it all, didn't feel too full, and didn't get sick! Ugh- very disappointed for not following the rules. Anyone else jump the gun?

I'm on full liquids this week - started a few days early because I've felt fine ever since surgery. I feel like I could probably move ahead to purees because I have no problem getting anything in - I drink 64-90 ounces of liquids a day, can handle 2 cups of Soup at a sitting, etc. And I don't feel any hunger. BUT. Even though I feel good, I don't want to push ahead too quickly. I'm doing fine on liquids (hit protein goals twice this week - it's been hard to find what I need when travelling) so will stick to them until it's time to move ahead.

That said, everyone is different. Have you talked to your doctor or NUT about this? They may be fine with it. After all, eggs are an approved food for the next stage, it's not like you went and had something you really shouldn't have, like pizza.

Sleeved 2/9. I'm on full liquids for another week and a half or so and I'm dreading it--so sick of Protein shakes and boring soup! I think I'll be really excited to get that egg. Lol. I still get a little gas pain, not really much incision pain except the one in my bellybutton. However, one of my little incisions that was covered with glue seems to have leaked onto my ab binder, which kinda freaked me out :o I also dream about pizza, but oh well! Haha

I was sleeved on the 15th / about the only things that sit well are plain Water and Popsicles - I am starting to get concerned because I haven't been able to poop yet. Pain is minimal- got my On Q lines out today (freaky feeling- but not painful)

I'm on full liquids this week - started a few days early because I've felt fine ever since surgery. I feel like I could probably move ahead to purees because I have no problem getting anything in - I drink 64-90 ounces of liquids a day, can handle 2 cups of Soup at a sitting, etc. And I don't feel any hunger. BUT. Even though I feel good, I don't want to push ahead too quickly. I'm doing fine on liquids (hit Protein goals twice this week - it's been hard to find what I need when travelling) so will stick to them until it's time to move ahead.
That said, everyone is different. Have you talked to your doctor or NUT about this? They may be fine with it. After all, eggs are an approved food for the next stage, it's not like you went and had something you really shouldn't have, like pizza.

Wow 2 cups of broth at one sitting. I was told no more than 2oz at one time. When I reach maintenance I'm not to exceed one cup per meal.

Sleeved 2/9. I'm on full liquids for another week and a half or so and I'm dreading it--so sick of Protein shakes and boring soup! I think I'll be really excited to get that egg. Lol. I still get a little gas pain, not really much incision pain except the one in my bellybutton. However, one of my little incisions that was covered with glue seems to have leaked onto my ab binder, which kinda freaked me out I also dream about pizza, but oh well! Haha

Sleeved same day as you. Pintrest has lots of neat low carb pizza recipes. I just saved a recipe called "pizza in a bowl". Has everything but crust.

Sleeved 2/9. Down 11.7 pounds. My incision sites itch like crazy. Haven't had to deal with gas pains or nausea yet. I've been taking stool softners since the 10th and have had 3 bm. I'm only required to get a minimum of 30 grams of Protein and 32 Fluid Oz for first three weeks. Been reaching those goals. Have had some head hunger but I find chewing on some ice or sf popsicles helps with that. I can finally sleep on my side. Overall I think I'm doing great.

8 hours ago, kimberb said:

Wow 2 cups of broth at one sitting. I was told no more than 2oz at one time. When I reach maintenance I'm not to exceed one cup per meal.

Other than the first week of liquids, there appears to be no limits on liquid intake. Purees and real food are another matter entirely. That said, a "sitting" lasts quite a while - at least an hour or more to finish the liquid. But since we are supposed to get 2 litres of liquids in a day, it certainly helps. However, over the last two days, for whatever reason, I can't consume as much - 1/2 to 1 cup is about the most I can handle at one time. And I'm going to stick with that, because I think you're right - even if I can consume more, I probably shouldn't. But even the day after surgery when we could start to drink again, I had no problem whatsoever drinking what they gave me in a short amount of time. I really wish I had more restriction at times. I really have to focus more on staying within limits as my body/sleeve is not really providing the limits for me (at this time anyway).

3 hours ago, biginjapan said:

Other than the first week of liquids, there appears to be no limits on liquid intake. Purees and real food are another matter entirely. That said, a "sitting" lasts quite a while - at least an hour or more to finish the liquid. But since we are supposed to get 2 litres of liquids in a day, it certainly helps. However, over the last two days, for whatever reason, I can't consume as much - 1/2 to 1 cup is about the most I can handle at one time. And I'm going to stick with that, because I think you're right - even if I can consume more, I probably shouldn't. But even the day after surgery when we could start to drink again, I had no problem whatsoever drinking what they gave me in a short amount of time. I really wish I had more restriction at times. I really have to focus more on staying within limits as my body/sleeve is not really providing the limits for me (at this time anyway).

I was able to have a lot of Water and broth in the first week. Then OMG my nerves must have healed or something, because I had a little over a cup of broth in what must have been too short of an amount of time. My tiny tummy went CRAZY, I have never felt so uncomfortably full in my life, and I was even dizzy from it. Since that day, I am having a rough time with liquids of any kind...but I try! I've been afraid to do broth again, even though I know it was just the quantity and time.

Sleeved 2/16 I had a rough start but now 4 days post op I'm doing much better with liquids and a lot less pain very minimal. I also had some Jello & broth no bowel movement yet but I'm
Not concerned I'm not eating what is there to poop ??