Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Karob

me too just cant seem to get warm... Think its the bodys way of using the energy to keep organs working in stead of using it to keep us warm

Hi Sussie

Note to self, do NOT go out walking where there are hills. Just got back from a walk that I thought would be nice and I'm in agony. I normally drive up the hill. Never really noticed how steep it was before. Coming down a hill is a lot more painful. It felt like my left side was gooing to rip right out of me. That will teach me. :smile2:

Hi all and congratulations to the recently banded! I bet you wondered what you were so worried about.

Karob, I was the same for about 2 to 3 weeks post op when trying to walk at any pace etc. Have you taken your dressings off yet? I found putting a strip of plaster over my port scar just whilst I was out and about made everything feel a little bit more "secure".

Anyone still on liquids and feeling cold, don't worry. Your body isn't getting enough calories to do all the jobs it normally does, so your energy is kept for the important stuff rather than keeping your extremeties warm.

I noticed a couple of comments about the pink stuff they give you. I got the impression it was for cleaning your skin before doing your injections, not for cleaning your scars, but maybe I got it wrong.

Got my third fill tomorrow in Manchester. I really hope it makes a difference, I've only lost about 5 pounds in the last couple of months. At least it's going in the right direction.

Anyone worried about not losing within the first couple of fills, DON'T. They reckon it usually takes 3 to 4 fills to start to get restriction.... your band is not yet doing the job it was designed for. Think long term and be patient.

Great way to spend my birthday, getting prodded and poked by Frederik (I can think of worse things!) :smile2:

Edited by jojo33

Well done gazzmic1888 what a result on the weight loss a bet your delighted with that .I think thats everyone drem to be banded and loose that in six weeks.?

My God Bobo, I just noticed your weight loss, you've surely got beyond your target now?! Wow, well done... don't be getting skinny on us will you.

Hi just booked my first fill on 10 june in Manchester and have been told either Frederik or Dr Chris Deprez doing the fill.... now i've met Fred of course over in Belgium but was wondering if anybody has had a fill off Dr Chris Deprez wondering what he's like and any info about how your first fills went/how it feels ect..

Thanks Sussie

My God Bobo, I just noticed your weight loss, you've surely got beyond your target now?! Wow, well done... don't be getting skinny on us will you.

Hi jojo thanks ye im just about there only a couple of pound but im not realy bothered im quite happy where im at the moment its just keeping it off now which is going to be the hard bit.I was on holiday last week and never put any on which i was delighted with.

Well done gazzmic1888 what a result on the weight loss a bet your delighted with that .I think thats everyone drem to be banded and loose that in six weeks.?

Cheers bobo I'm well chuffed never thought it would happen so quickly I know it will slow up soon but I'll take it well its going o and thanx for putting me on to wendy she's sound

Hi all and congratulations to the recently banded! I bet you wondered what you were so worried about.

Karob, I was the same for about 2 to 3 weeks post op when trying to walk at any pace etc. Have you taken your dressings off yet? I found putting a strip of plaster over my port scar just whilst I was out and about made everything feel a little bit more "secure".

Anyone still on liquids and feeling cold, don't worry. Your body isn't getting enough calories to do all the jobs it normally does, so your energy is kept for the important stuff rather than keeping your extremeties warm.

I noticed a couple of comments about the pink stuff they give you. I got the impression it was for cleaning your skin before doing your injections, not for cleaning your scars, but maybe I got it wrong.

Got my third fill tomorrow in Manchester. I really hope it makes a difference, I've only lost about 5 pounds in the last couple of months. At least it's going in the right direction.

Anyone worried about not losing within the first couple of fills, DON'T. They reckon it usually takes 3 to 4 fills to start to get restriction.... your band is not yet doing the job it was designed for. Think long term and be patient.

Great way to spend my birthday, getting prodded and poked by Frederik (I can think of worse things!) :smile2:

Hi JoJo

Nice to hear from you - how are things with your mum?

I am the same as you - lost 16 lbs but nothing now for 7 weeks - 1st fill was cancelled due to the bloody volcano so going next week and hoping that will be me on the road to skinnydom!!

I suppose on the positive I lost over a stone and have not put an ounce back on.

Let me know how you get on with your 3rd fill and if it makes a difference

Take care

Kerry

Hi just booked my first fill on 10 june in Manchester and have been told either Frederik or Dr Chris Deprez doing the fill.... now i've met Fred of course over in Belgium but was wondering if anybody has had a fill off Dr Chris Deprez wondering what he's like and any info about how your first fills went/how it feels ect..

Thanks Sussie

Sussie a few of us on here had a fill with Chris Deprez in Manchester in April.

He's a very nice man and very gentle, no worries there at all you will be in safe hands.

My port is twisted but he found it ok on the first prod :thumbup:

Freddyboy told me today it was twisted, before, he said it was on a slant...typical of my stupid body:cursing:

I went with my daughter (today to manchester) who had a defill with freddy last year as she was pregnant.

She wanted some restriction and bless he put 4mls in for her.

I think it was cos he had taken 5mls out and her band holds 10mls.

he took .25 out of mine today cos I was having acid reflux again:crying:

I have lost another 8lbs since the last fill and he told me that was too fast (5 weeks)???? Whats that all about.

Hi maggs, miss you hunny xx

Well done to all the losers, especially the big loser WOW....what an acheivment, excellent!!!!:biggrin:

Edited by Freckles

Hello there everyone,

Long time no posting!!!

Well on Weds I was 9 months post op.

I have now lost a total of 4st and 8lb's and you can't stop me from smiling!!!

Best decision I've ever made was to get the band done.

Had a 0.5ml fill yesterday with Chris in Dublin and now at 6ml in my 7ml band. Haven't had a fill since Feb and finding it hard to be back on liquids again. But hey only 2 more stone to loose and then I'll be at the goal.

Which brings me to the question, what do you do once you reach target weight? Do you have some liquid removed from the band to stop you loosing? Never thought I'd ever want to stop loosing lol but i don't want to be skinny!!

Hello there everyone,

Long time no posting!!!

Well on Weds I was 9 months post op.

I have now lost a total of 4st and 8lb's and you can't stop me from smiling!!!

Best decision I've ever made was to get the band done.

Had a 0.5ml fill yesterday with Chris in Dublin and now at 6ml in my 7ml band. Haven't had a fill since Feb and finding it hard to be back on liquids again. But hey only 2 more stone to loose and then I'll be at the goal.

Which brings me to the question, what do you do once you reach target weight? Do you have some liquid removed from the band to stop you loosing? Never thought I'd ever want to stop loosing lol but i don't want to be skinny!!

Well done toppings thats a brilliant weight loss you must be chuffed to bits.Once you feel comfortable with your weight you could get a little taken out so you can eat that little bit more than you can the now and your weight should stay at a standstill if you feel it start to go back on just get a little back in.

Well, I got my stitches out today, what a relief. My blue stitch seemed to have disappeared. Did that ever happen to anyone else. Maybe it wasn't there to start off with. It did say in my discharge letter that there may be a blue stitch. This would have been where the drain came out. I also booked my first fill for 3rd June. so skinnydom here I come.

On a positive note, the walking has got a bit better. My side still hurts going up and down any sort of hill, but I'm sure it will sort itself out soon. Can't wait 'till I can go swimming again. I can't believe I still don't feel hungry and I have already gone down a dress size. It's going to cost me a fortune to get clothes. I might have to lean a little harder on my wallet, oh! I mean Husband.

Hope everyone who was banded with me is doing good.

Hi

Well this time last week I'd not long been banded! A week on and I feel fine, still swollen and a bit uncomfortable but getting better each day.

I am drinking lots of Water and having thin Soups and a couple of those crispbakes we got in hospital with jam on.

I could do with a bit of advice please on how long I continue to have just liquids, then do i go onto thicker Soup and then onto mash tattie etc? Any help would be great. :w00t:

Well done toppings thats a brilliant weight loss you must be chuffed to bits.Once you feel comfortable with your weight you could get a little taken out so you can eat that little bit more than you can the now and your weight should stay at a standstill if you feel it start to go back on just get a little back in.

Bobo and toppings youve done really well. I cant believe youve lost 8 1/2 stone Bobo. What is your goal weight I thought it was 15stone?

Im am almost at goal just 3 and a 1/2 lbs to go but Ive got a problem. A helluva lot of people are stopping me and saying either Ive lost too much or I look ill. This is really getting me down as its tainting the effort Ive put in to get to goal. It wouldnt be so band but Im at the top end for a normal BMI. Anyway good luck to all new bandsters on the start of your journey and keep up the good work to all other bandsters. Jx:thumbup:

Bobo and toppings youve done really well. I cant believe youve lost 8 1/2 stone Bobo. What is your goal weight I thought it was 15stone?

Im am almost at goal just 3 and a 1/2 lbs to go but Ive got a problem. A helluva lot of people are stopping me and saying either Ive lost too much or I look ill. This is really getting me down as its tainting the effort Ive put in to get to goal. It wouldnt be so band but Im at the top end for a normal BMI. Anyway good luck to all new bandsters on the start of your journey and keep up the good work to all other bandsters. Jx:thumbup:

Hi home care thanks you have done really well yourself reaching your target well done.My target weight is now 14 st 7lb which i am sitting about 14st 9 just now .The only reason i picked that target was because according to my bmi that will be me just overweight rather than obese.Ideally my weight should be 12st 4lb or somthing like that to have a normal weight bmi but i think i would look drastic at this so i wont be going any lower than this weight .I bumped in to a old neighbour a few months back that i had not seen for years who asked me if i was ok and thought i was ill or somthing as i had lost all the weight but thats the only one thats ever said anything like that everyone else have been really positive and said how well i am looking for loosing the weight .I think when people get used to your new size and shape things will change .Dont let it get you down you have worked hard to get to your target enjoy it.:redface:

Hi

Well this time last week I'd not long been banded! A week on and I feel fine, still swollen and a bit uncomfortable but getting better each day.

I am drinking lots of Water and having thin Soups and a couple of those crispbakes we got in hospital with jam on.

I could do with a bit of advice please on how long I continue to have just liquids, then do i go onto thicker Soup and then onto mash tattie etc? Any help would be great. :redface:

Hi lindsaymel, you should stay on liquids for 10 days, then slowly move on to mushes like mash potatoes with a little soft veg & gravy bit like baby food weetibix with warm milk smoothies with low fat yogurts,sorry not very exciting but when you have been on liquids for 10 days potatoes never tasted so good,just take it slowly you be grand, i know its frustrating when your starting to get your appetite back and feel really hungry and just want to eat everthing its hard but it will be worth it in the long run when you start to see results, you will get help when you start to get your fills hang in there its so worth it happy days x:thumbup: