Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Here's a thought folks why don't we have a banded by doctor chris meet up somewhere?

hi all im not very good on computer at the best of time how will i get it to work in belgium do i need one of them dongles and if so what one works the best over there and is there cash machines that take visa debit thanks all :thumbup:

I dont think you need a dongle, I'm sure the hotel has free internet, but someone will confirm that cos I've never been lol.

Some time ago when Big Sister, Gillian and a few others were active on here we were going to have a get together, it just never happened :thumbup:

Hotel has free wireless internet and a pc in thr lobby you can pay and use as well. I would take ur laptop and a few films cos it does get boring sat in ur room.no blueys though cos u don't want to strain urself :-)

Hotel has free wireless internet and a pc in thr lobby you can pay and use as well. I would take ur laptop and a few films cos it does get boring sat in ur room.no blueys though cos u don't want to strain urself :-)

theres defo internet but i thought i had to pay for it. but it was august i was there may have changed

This was in feb, was deffo free then. On a lighter note I finally got restriction now I had my 3rd fill. Got 10ml in a 14 band and it just right :-)

:thumbup:Finally got an email from Freddy! Its all systems go! This time next week I'll be on my way home hopefully with a band! My biggest fear is waking up and finding out it couldn't be done because of my enormous liver!!!

Well its 23.55pm on 2 May and im bricking it although excited aswell leaving for my flight around 4am and hopefully arrive in brussels around 6.30. Had alot of mixed emotions today feeling rather selfish leaving my kids (they dont know what im going for) cried a little and shurgged it off i know im doing the right thing, Just want it to be done and on my way to the new me.

I know how you feel Lindseymel i have the same worry...but hopefully by this time on Tuesday i will be banded.

Will try and post something from Brussels to keep you informed of my progress.

Thanks to all on this wonderful forum who have helped give me the courage to go through with my op your advice and stories have kept me going...Thanks again :thumbup:

Sussie x

Hi geri

congrats on becoming a bandster and i only lasted about five days on fluids if that was having wicked hunger pangs by then so dont panic if it happens to u hun

Julie x

hi julie thanks for that.six days on liquids now and feel okbut a bit apprehensive about what mushy food i should start on. would scrambled egg or porridge be ok or to heavy?waht about those tuc biscuits with cream chesse.have not been able to come acoross any of those bake things people talk about. any guidance on how to put up a ticker thing would be appreciated

thanks

geri:thumbup:

he sure is a cutie!!!!

I didnt last long on liquids, was too hungry, think it was about 3 days.

Congrats Geri on becoming one of the losers lol. xxx

thanks freckles,

its the first time in my life i have enjoyed becoming one of the losers!!!!!!!!go figure. i need to know what to eat now so any advice would be great and god forgive me i would kill for a vodka and orange juice!!!!!!!!!!!!!just a little one would it send me over the edge? frckles are you smoking or not these days?i feel a bit of a thing in my throat when i smoke as if i want to burp but cant. any words of wisdom from you in this regard

cheers

geri

:thumbup:

Well its 23.55pm on 2 May and im bricking it although excited aswell leaving for my flight around 4am and hopefully arrive in brussels around 6.30. Had alot of mixed emotions today feeling rather selfish leaving my kids (they dont know what im going for) cried a little and shurgged it off i know im doing the right thing, Just want it to be done and on my way to the new me.

I know how you feel Lindseymel i have the same worry...but hopefully by this time on Tuesday i will be banded.

Thanks to all on this wonderful forum who have helped give me the courage to go through with my op your advice and stories have kept me going...Thanks again :thumbdown:

Sussie x

Best of luck Sussie, can't wait to hear how you get on

x

Thanks to all on this wonderful forum who have helped give me the courage to go through with my op your advice and stories have kept me going...Thanks again :thumbdown:

Sussie x

Hi Sussie

I was in the same position as you last week.

I was banded on 28th April by Dr Chris. I am back home now and have lost 9lbs so far, feel a little sore on the left side still, but feel on top of the world as I know this is the first step on the ladder to the rest of my life! I know I have a long way to go, but this feels so right. I am sure everything will be great for you

Regards

Julie xx

Sweetheart, wonderful news, so happy that hubby has now come to terms with it!!!!:thumbup:

Dont worry about having the band, a few of our daughters on here who have bands have had babies last year, and now have continued their weight loss, so all is not lost.

Just enjoy food while you can and make a beautiful little baby:biggrin:

Maybe you should be chewing the food more thoroughly hunny, so it wont stick, that wont do you any good.

:thumbup: Hey hun

Yup all is fab here, we've been trekking off to Mothercare, arguing over which combo pram/car seat we like haha.

He's utterly in love with his new baby..and has turned into a soppy arse and sits there reading everything he can on whats happening and how to support me. He's asking me a million questions and going right soppy eyed when he looks or touches my belly - whch is all fat and nowt else really. But he'll put his hand under my flabby belly just above my pubic bone and say 'is that where she is??'.

We have our first scan in a week or so, and the 1st midwifes appt on Wednesday. wooo.

we're going to see his family on Saturday to tell them, Im shitting myself!

The eating thing seems to be a bit better, fewer incidents of food getting stuck now. I do seem to be eating for 25 though :(

hi julie thanks for that.six days on liquids now and feel okbut a bit apprehensive about what mushy food i should start on. would scrambled egg or porridge be ok or to heavy?waht about those tuc biscuits with cream chesse.have not been able to come acoross any of those bake things people talk about. any guidance on how to put up a ticker thing would be appreciated

thanks

geri:thumbup:

Hi Sussie

I was fine with scrambled eggs just chew well i had my first sunday roast this week and all went done well although a fraction of what i would usually have, i've also been eating the chedders biscuits the plain ones but using philadelphia light on then with no problem too be honest hun i can eat most things but not bread that gets stuck somethin chronic and is not nice at all lol, i eat a lot of cous cous with a vegetable and chicken stew too and morrisons do the crisp bakes hun.

went for a check up at my gp today and she was so impressed with how good my scars were and commented on what a fantastic job dr chris had done and also on how thorough and comprehensive his report was she even said she wished she could recommend him lol so i told her about this site and she will be forwarding patients this way so if thats not a big tick for having the op i dont know what is .

good luck to everyone having their bands done this week thinking of u all

Julie x