Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Well done jojo on your great weight loss.

I dont think its actual vomiting is it, isnt that productive burping that you're referring to. When you feel so full like food is stuck in your throat and you have to go to the bathroom to get rid of it?

I have only had projectile vomiting about twice or three times, and i dont even PB anymore, maybe cos I know when to stop eating? It is difficult to know and I spose the longer you have your band the more apparent it becomes when you need to stop eating, though my brain tells me otherwise, it says go on greedy try eating the whole thing lol.

Its a devil isnt it. Most times when I used to get rid of the gloop, then I'd be fine afterwards.

Thanks honey, you aren't doing too bad yourself! Happy with your fill level now? Mine is great since my third fill, I've had just over a week of hardly being able to eat a thing but it's just relaxed over the last couple of days so I can eat small, sensible meals.

What you said about the PB sounds like what I get, except I know it isn't just that I've tried to eat too much, it usually happens after literally 2 or 3 very small mouthfuls of food. Like you said though, after getting rid of the gloop and chilling for a couple of minutes I can normally eat a bit more.

What I miss the most is eating hot food! It's always gone cold these days by the time I can eat it, grrrr! I can live with it though, my confidence and self-esteem is growing by the week!

Hope to meet you again, but I'm thinking not too soon! I really hope this level of fill does me for a good 2 or 3 months! :tongue2:

there is a huge relationsahip between pancreatitisa and this surgery , right here onn the web I have found thousands of people suffering form Pancreatitis aftrer they7 had this surgery. THe problem is that it is being swept under the rug . Allergan is doing a great job of disguiising this complication as any one of tyhe complications associated with Pancreatitis . It is only after you fully understand that Pancreatitis is a vcery difficult disease to fully diagnose , that you begin to see this conspiracy . If Pancreratitis was ever mentioned as a malady you could develop from LB Surgery...the FDA and all other watchdogs would be forced to rethink their entire endorsement policies.

We are so vainly in search of thst majic potion to make us skinny again that we are blinded.!

I am not a scare monger . I am simply bringing to this discusion a subject heretofor never approached because of peoples vanity.

Hi I'm sorry but i totally disagree with u u should never have gone ahead with the surgery if u had a pre existing condition, I researched this op thoroughly for a year before going ahead and as a nurse myself pancreatitis is easy to diagnose as if u have an acute attack it will show up in a blood test and as the symptoms are very well known in the medical profession i cant see it would be missed i also have a friend who is also a nurse who workes on a bariatric ward and asked her about this and there is no concrete evidence to support ur claims therefore if u have nothing constructive to say and u have no evidence based proof to support what ur saying it would be better for u to keep quiet, as people dont want to hear others scare mongering, and im sure out of all the people on here u wont find any who have now suddenly started suffering from pancreatitis, I hope all goes well with ur condition

Ps JOjo amazing weight loss u go girl im 17lb down now going for a fill next week hopefully xxxx

Hi All

Had my 2nd fill today with Dr Chris Deprez in London, never met him before but again another lovely bloke.

Me and hubby were listening to conversations round the corner in the waiting room with smirks on our face, and have to say I am very reassured to hear that I am not the only one who hasn't lost anything since the 1st fill, have become a chocoholic when I never used to touch the stuff before, and become a wotsit addict!

Really hoping to feel a difference this time round and that the weight starts moving. Gonna be real strict now and have no chocolate and start walking/running.

Good luck anyone going off to have their op next week and well done to all losers!

Chrissie x

very quiet in here where have u all gone,im waiting to read all the gossip lol,is anyone heading over in july time to get banded:blink:

julie and jojo you have great weight losses in such a short time well done,can i ask what type of food you are eating i know i have 7 weeks left to go but i always think ahead lol:w00t:

Hi Cankster it was great meeting you in Newport on Friday, there were some great weight losses there including yours! Hope all went well and you had a nice Bank Holiday?

WATER

#1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

(Likely applies to half the world population)

#2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak

That it is mistaken for hunger.

#3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as 3%.

#4. One glass of Water will shut down midnight hunger pangs

For almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of

Washington study.

#5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

#6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of

Water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain

For up to 80% of sufferers.

#7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term

Memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on

The computer screen or on a printed page.

#8.. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of

Colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast

Cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop

Bladder cancer. Are you drinking the amount of water

You should drink every day?

. In many states the highway patrol carries

Two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from

The highway after a car accident.

#2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke

And it will be gone in two days.

#3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the

Toilet bowl and let the 'real thing' sit for one hour,

Then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes

Stains from vitreous China .

#4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:

Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds

Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

#5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour

a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble

Away the corrosion.

#6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola

To the rusted bolt for several minutes.

#7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into

The baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake.

Thirty minutes before ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the

drippings to mix

With the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

#8... To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke

Into the load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run

Through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen

Grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your

Windshield.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

#1 the active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.

It will dissolve a nail in about four days. Phosphoric

Acid also leaches Calcium from bones and is a major

Contributor to the rising increase of osteoporosis.

#2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup! (the concentrate) the

Commercial trucks must use a hazardous Material place

Cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

#3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean

Engines of the trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water?

Or Coke?

julie and jojo you have great weight losses in such a short time well done,can i ask what type of food you are eating i know i have 7 weeks left to go but i always think ahead lol:w00t:

Hiya slinky, I'm down another 3lbs today but I'm not counting on that being accurate, I think it may just be dehydration. Way too much wine last night!

Regarding the diet, I lost over a stone straight after the op on the liquid diet. I just didn't feel hungry at all for at least a couple of weeks and it just fell off. After that I didn't start losing again really until my 3rd fill. I could eat pretty much anything so long as I ate slowly and chewed well.

The 3rd fill has changed things for me though. bread, potatoes and pastry are off the list of foods I can eat now. I pretty much have anything for my meals that doesn't contain them, but I can now only eat roughly a side-plate of food instead of a dinner plate, and I don't really tend to feel hungry that much. I try to eat relatively healthy foods but tend to fail most times. Surprisingly, Pasta seems to be the easiest for me to get down! (Brilliant!)

Julie, well done hun, I bet your really pleased with your weight loss so far. Get yourself a ticker!! :thumbup:

Hello everyone

Sorry i havent been around for ages, my car issues are finally sorted which means i can be at home rather than splitting my time between my boyfriends, mine and my parents house or whowever could drive me around. In fact im a little disappointed that i now have a car and have to drive myself around!

Me and baby are fine and i hope that everyones doing well. Heloo to all the new names xx

Hi Im new to this site - currently considering being banded by Dr Chris De Bruyne. Did you have your surgery with him ? how was it

thanks

If there is anyone out there who has had surgery in Europe with Dr Chris De Buryne please contact me.

Thank you

Hi Sher67,

All the people on this link have had or are about to have or are thinking of having surgery.

I had my own done in Sept 2009 and have since lost 3 stone and am losing now about 1lb a week on average.

Best thing I ever did, even thought I had a slight problem that needed to get mended because I slipped in the snow over Christmas.

Happy to answer any questions you have on the subject.

Katy

Hi Katy

I really want to get this done - but am trying to find a good price and a good surgeon.

Did you have your band in the uk who was it with

ps well done on all the weight you have lost so far

Hi Sher67,

All the people on this particular discussion would have had their surgery in Belgium. Here in the UK the surgery is between 7-10K, but in Belgium they do a package with hotel and surgery for approx 3600 euro's which is a lot less than having it done in the UK. The surgery in belgium is second to none, it was clean and the staff were friendly and all spoke english. I thought about surgery for 2 years and I do think it should be something that you find out as much as possible about beforehand.

Everyone on this site is very nice a friendly and those that have been on here a while will give you good advice. This site is a support line and also you get to meet lots of people who are going through the same as you.

Katy