Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hello all

Hope you are well?

Wow what a new look to the forum it's great!

Well I have had an interesting few weeks. I managed half a piece of toast last weekend and a full piece today. I love seeded bread and this was my first slice in 16 months since having the band as I wasn't able to eat it before as it wouldn't go through. It was delicious.

Still mainly having Soup but trying to have more solids but it is difficult. I can eat cheese so that is a bonus and drink milk plus cashew nuts for the fibre and I have stumbled across Belvitas a quick Breakfast snack which is keeping me more regular - sorry if TMI.

So can't wait to see if I can manage more toast tomorrow as it would be lovely to be able to eat this in the morning with some lovely strawberry jam.

Weight wise I am now stable at 9st 8 - 9st 10 and a BMI of 22.7

Happy in my place at the moment and can see lots of changes happening in terms of the loose skin with the yoga. I teach 5 classes a week and it's a mixture of well woman and pregnancy yoga. So getting lots of focus on my pelvic floor area and toning my tummy (especially as can't do sit ups etc) just brilliant all over toning.

Anyway, just thought I would touch base and say hello. Hope everyone is ok and staying focused.

Take care

Claire x

Hi Guys just hitting base to see how your all getting on and seams all is well keep up the good work this band is truly life changing

Hi all new people havent been on hear in ages my band was the

Beast thing i ever did just over a year and i have 6 stone of no regrets at all regular_smile.gif

Hi all new people havent been on hear in ages my band was the

Beast thing i ever did just over a year and i have 6 stone of no regrets at all regular_smile.gif

well done hunny,were would you be without me lol,good job i got mine done isnt it lol xxxxx wedding here we come x

Hello everybody,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in?

I am considering Belgium with Dr De Bruyne in January 2012! I live in the Scottish Borders so would be having fills in Edinburgh. I suppose I'm just looking for some reassurance and all you lovely ladies seem to have done so well!

A,x

Hello everybody,

I am considering Belgium with Dr De Bruyne in January 2012! I live in the Scottish Borders so would be having fills in Edinburgh. I suppose I'm just looking for some reassurance and all you lovely ladies seem to have done so well!

A,x

radpad i would say go for it i fell its the best thing ive ever done for myself,i have my confidence back and feel good about myself again no more hiding for me.If it's somthing you have been thinking of for a while defo just go for it,lots of people tried to put me off going for it but for me it was either listen to them and live a miserable life of none excistence totally fed up of diets that dont work or go for it and feel great so i opted for the feel good factor lol any questions just ask hun

radpad i would say go for it i fell its the best thing ive ever done for myself,i have my confidence back and feel good about myself again no more hiding for me.If it's somthing you have been thinking of for a while defo just go for it,lots of people tried to put me off going for it but for me it was either listen to them and live a miserable life of none excistence totally fed up of diets that dont work or go for it and feel great so i opted for the feel good factor lol any questions just ask hun

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Can I ask when you were banded and how much you have lost?

Also, have you found it easy to organise 'fills' in the UK?

can you eat the same types of foods as you did prior to being banded or are there some 'no go' areas?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for answering,

A, x

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Can I ask when you were banded and how much you have lost?

Also, have you found it easy to organise 'fills' in the UK?

can you eat the same types of foods as you did prior to being banded or are there some 'no go' areas?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for answering,

A, x

i got banded last july ive lost around 4 stone 3lb,i live in northern ireland and havnt had any probs with fills they come almost every month,food depends on person to person somedays i can eat more than others,i have chicken curry only a smallish portion and crisp and scrambled eggs i dont eat red meat anyway so for me it the same on a very small level lol but i dont feel hungry anyway,some days i live on Soup and fluids hth xx

Hello everybody,

A,x

Hi A,

Welcome to the forum! I got banded on 18th October this year with dr Chris. I haven't lost a huge amount yet, but my first fill is on Thursday.

As for foods, the only thing I have had trouble with is tinned spaghetti. And that was the second week after surgery. Mainly problems occur from trying to eat too fast or when I haven't chewed properly.

At the moment I'm fine with bread, but I expect that to be off the menu once I get my fill.

Remember to book through ecfs directly to get the best deal including taxis and hotel.

If you have any questions, pls feel free to ask!

R

that's great girls,

well done on your loss wbs, you must be feeling like a new woman!

Cadence can I ask 'ecfs' ?

I think the thing I am most concerned about is never drinking fizzy drinks again!

I am really excited and can't wait to start this journey. Up untill a few years ago I was a 'normal' size but after moving to a new town and having 2 more children I put on a whopping 8 stone! I have managed to loose 2 stone this year, but it has been quite a task and now seem to be at a point where I loose a stone then put it back on.

Thank you so much for sharing your stories,

A, x

that's great girls,

I think the thing I am most concerned about is never drinking fizzy drinks again!

I am really excited and can't wait to start this journey. Up untill a few years ago I was a 'normal' size but after moving to a new town and having 2 more children I put on a whopping 8 stone! I have managed to loose 2 stone this year, but it has been quite a task and now seem to be at a point where I loose a stone then put it back on.

A, x

know exactly what you mean i moved over to ni from liverpool had 2 more children and went from 12.10 to 16.10 so i know how you feel it so annoying knowing how you felt at that stage when you were happy with yoursel and like you i would lose some then get fed up and put it back on its a vicious circle mind the spelling lol,and although they tell you not to drink fizzy drinks i have the odd one in my whisky and so do a few people i know so dont worry,plus once you have the op i takes about 2-3 fills to really kick in,ecfs is the direct belgium company to get your op with they are cheaper and do a good package including taxi and hotels as cadence says its about 4150 euros,i booked direct with them,you email freddy and get a date and pay a deposit of i think 500 euro and the rest in the hotel on arrival it sounds a bit shady but honest its not,there hospitals are immaculate you stay one night in hospital and the other 2 in hotel price includes room for 2 xx

that's great girls,

A, x

ps here is frederik email he is the general manager frederik.serneels@ecfs.be plus when you put in ecfs also put belgium into google

ps here is frederik email he is the general manager frederik.serneels@ecfs.be plus when you put in ecfs also put belgium into google

Thanks again!

Gosh 1 night and I already feel the I have a support network!

A,x

Hey A,

Yes sorry, as everyone else has clarified - it's the company you book through. Frederik is lovely (as are the whole team).

The group here are definitely very, very supportive - they helped me make my decision to have my surgery done. And as for the soft drinks, I've been a hard core Diet Coke drinker since I was a teenager. I'm talking anywhere from 3 cans to 2 - 3ltrs a day. I, like you, had serious 'What the heck??' thoughts re quitting the soft drinks. At my 'last meal' in Belgium, I had at least 3 diet cokes.

Since coming out of surgery, I have to admit that I haven't really missed it AT ALL. And 2 days ago, I bought a mini bottle to see how it went down....and I didn't like the taste of it at all! It sat there in my room for two days...mainly ignored!

I got heavy at around 11 years of age, since then my weight has yoyo'd up and down for years. Lost 4.5 stone in college, felt happy and wonderful...then slowly put most of it back on again....then the cycle started again.

I'm exhausted by the dieting now, which is why I made the decision to have the surgery. I don't regret it at all yet, and can already feel how it's going to help (if you have to eat slowly, you can soon grow tied of trying to eat a big meal...for example, I tried having chipper chips twice now...both times, even though I've no real restriction, I gave up halfway through. You have to focus so hard on fully chewing and taking it slow that you end up completely disinterested in the food (cold soggy chips anyone? Ewww..)

R

Hey A,

Yes sorry, as everyone else has clarified - it's the company you book through. Frederik is lovely (as are the whole team).

The group here are definitely very, very supportive - they helped me make my decision to have my surgery done. And as for the soft drinks, I've been a hard core Diet Coke drinker since I was a teenager. I'm talking anywhere from 3 cans to 2 - 3ltrs a day. I, like you, had serious 'What the heck??' thoughts re quitting the soft drinks. At my 'last meal' in Belgium, I had at least 3 diet cokes.

Since coming out of surgery, I have to admit that I haven't really missed it AT ALL. And 2 days ago, I bought a mini bottle to see how it went down....and I didn't like the taste of it at all! It sat there in my room for two days...mainly ignored!

I got heavy at around 11 years of age, since then my weight has yoyo'd up and down for years. Lost 4.5 stone in college, felt happy and wonderful...then slowly put most of it back on again....then the cycle started again.

I'm exhausted by the dieting now, which is why I made the decision to have the surgery. I don't regret it at all yet, and can already feel how it's going to help (if you have to eat slowly, you can soon grow tied of trying to eat a big meal...for example, I tried having chipper chips twice now...both times, even though I've no real restriction, I gave up halfway through. You have to focus so hard on fully chewing and taking it slow that you end up completely disinterested in the food (cold soggy chips anyone? Ewww..)

R

All good to know!

I have practiced 'chewing' my food and I tend to give up (not eating the copious ammounts of food- the chewing) cause my jaw starts to ache, so I can understand how this could put you off.

I'm also please to hear that the fizzy stuff hasn't been missed too much.

Once again, thanks for sharing,

A, x