Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks a million Claire!

I went to Dr in the end, got clean bill of health. Thank goodness!

I'm finding that I can eat quite big portions of mushies (weetabix, mash potato and tuna etc). I have to eat slowly, but can eat a big bowl. I think this is normal before my first fill, right?

Thanks again!

Thanks a million Claire!

I went to Dr in the end, got clean bill of health. Thank goodness!

I'm finding that I can eat quite big portions of mushies (weetabix, mash potato and tuna etc). I have to eat slowly, but can eat a big bowl. I think this is normal before my first fill, right?

Thanks again!

Yes I think so, when do you go for your first fill?

Hope you are ok now.

Take care

Claire

Thanks for responding Claire.

I was a size 18-20 when I started and now I am a size 10-12. I honestly think I look good but could do with some major toning up.

Now I have 5mil in 7mil band I am determined not to over eat. I am going to start exercising again and think I will gain weight at first but I need to tone up my flabby body. It is going to be a good hard few weeks as I have no restriction, will be going back on to food and exercising but I will persevere. I would love to be 9 stone by the new year.

I think my mum is worried and she does not agree with the band.

I think you are right I do need to remember why I got this band. I got this band as I was sick of being fat and I had shortness of breath and constant heartburn and I don't have it any more.

Thanks for your support, you are a great advocate for the band.

I had a defil and would I be ok to have a fill in 5 weeks?

Hey Claire,

I haven't booked my first fill yet-was thinking maybe 1st December as I'm still quite swollen around the port site! If not then, I'll try mid-November. They had warned me that they may not be able to do the first fill at tge usual 4-5 weeks as my swelling was quite bad.

I'm hoping it's fairly easy to get an appointment through Julie.

Really looking forward to bring able to lie on my tummy properly! Funny the things you yearn for, lol!

R

Thanks for responding Claire.

I was a size 18-20 when I started and now I am a size 10-12. I honestly think I look good but could do with some major toning up.

Now I have 5mil in 7mil band I am determined not to over eat. I am going to start exercising again and think I will gain weight at first but I need to tone up my flabby body. It is going to be a good hard few weeks as I have no restriction, will be going back on to food and exercising but I will persevere. I would love to be 9 stone by the new year.

I think my mum is worried and she does not agree with the band.

I think you are right I do need to remember why I got this band. I got this band as I was sick of being fat and I had shortness of breath and constant heartburn and I don't have it any more.

Thanks for your support, you are a great advocate for the band.

I had a defil and would I be ok to have a fill in 5 weeks?

That's a fabulous loss and I bet you feel fab for it. Well done sweetie!

Do YOUR family realise how hard you have worked. Perhaps you need to gently remind them with the before and now pictures and perhaps they will see just how far you have come. When do you Celebrate your bandiversary - perhaps have a party with blow up pictures of what you were and who you are now.

With regards to your fill we aren't here to advise but to support (canyou tell I have my doula hat on!) and I always say do what you feel is right for you at that moment. I had a defill planned for Thursday and I have postponed. I have had quite bad acid reflux but it seems to have eased.

So see how you feel book the appointment and then see how you go,

Have fun and stay positive - it's about you!!!!! Not some silly grilfriend who needs to keep her emotions in check (sorry if not appropriate!)

Take care

Clairex

Hey Claire,

I haven't booked my first fill yet-was thinking maybe 1st December as I'm still quite swollen around the port site! If not then, I'll try mid-November. They had warned me that they may not be able to do the first fill at tge usual 4-5 weeks as my swelling was quite bad.

I'm hoping it's fairly easy to get an appointment through Julie.

Really looking forward to bring able to lie on my tummy properly! Funny the things you yearn for, lol!

R

Just take it easy, see my post to Sade.

I love sleeping on my tummy and I remember it taking a few weeks to get back there and confidently feeling that I wasn't doing any damage.

You'll be back there soon!

Hope the swelling is subsiding.

Have you been weighing and measuring. I weighed and measure this week (week 66) and I have stayed at the same weight (st 9.5 lbs for the last 5 weeks but had lost 3.75 inches so Yoga is doing the job of toning. I am trying to gently tighten the lose skin. Don't have much just top of thighs and arms and a little on my tummy. I've managed to come out the other end quite good I think but all my husband says is you are a bag of skin and bones so demoralising!

Anyway take it easy and be gentle on yourself.

All for now

Claire x

Hey Claire,

Aww I'm sorry to hear that comment from your Hubbie- I don't think people realise how much of an effect their words can have on us.

I did weigh myself, but got de-motivated as I made the mistake of daily weighing...and my weight bounced all over tge place! I think you're dead right, a weekly weigh in is a far better idea.

I'm really craving junk food right now, ooops! I'm hoping I'll normalise soon and just be able to exercise and get a great routine going.

Congrats on your success to date Claire, you're an inspiration! It sounds like you've got the loose skin under control too which is fab. :)

Sade-sorry to hear about the lack of support you're feeling. Really glad you cane here, people are very supportive and give great advice. You've achieved so so much, hopefully you're family will come around, but even if they don't, you've made a great choice and are making sure you're on the road to a healthier life!

Hi girls

Its been a few weeks since ive reported in the last time i said i was hopeing to lose 8 pounds when i went to see Dr Chris and i did exactly that so i was very pleased i also got a fill of 0.75mils and i can really feel the diffrence that takes me up to 6.75mls.I also lost 6 pounds that week and 4 this week so it im well pleased.Its taken some time but i now feel im getting somewhere.(when i had to go back to Belgium in July Freddie told me that my band is a 7mil one but it can hold up to 9 mils).

Im booked to go back for another fill on 24th nov as Dr Chris is not in Edinbourgh in Dec, most of the older bansters know how long its taken for me to get to this point and im not sure if i should go,or wait to January as ive started to get somewhere any advice on this,

Also i really agree with claire about the weighing and measuring i did this before my op in Feb but lost heart as i was not losing the weight i got my notes and photos out this week and to my suprise iv lost 31 pounds and 2 dress sizes and loads of inches 4 from my tummy ,not where i thought i would be but still a lot better than last year.

A note to Sade and claire im not the best person with words but remember we did this for ourselfs we are / or were the ones carrying all that weight around and how do you explain to someone who has never had a weight problem the things we went through from not being able to dress the way we wanted or fitting into plane seats ,i remember trying to paint my toe nails it was impossible even walking in high heels was a nightmare, people will always have something to say i bet thay even commented before we lost weight even if it wasent to our faces.

Clare ive followed your story from the star and i think you look amazing 10 years younger at least maybe this is the problem.Whan we had or op we got info book about what to eat and what to expect there was a passage in it about our partners not being thrilled about the changes and feeling threatend or something.

Have a great week.

hi all hope your all doing well sade i wouldnt care what people think as everyone has told you,you done this for yourself i dont know about you but i got my surgery when everyone including my husband was againt it but i told them all by hook or crook i would get the band and started saving and i think when hubby realized how serious i was and how upset i was at how i let myself go he agreed in the end and funded it.my point is i remember how bad you felt before you got the band and what you had to do to get it,i was at the point i couldn't live any longer the way i was and now i fell on top of the world and wont let anyone burts that bubble lol,sade think of the confidence you have now and how good you feel and dont let anyone make you feel any different you worked hard to get here and everyone will have to get use to it lol,just tell them all you want to get on with them but you are not discussing band that is your buisness,and candence yes i could eat a horse before i went for my first fill,second fill and third but it does get better hun.I find i was stuck losing weight for a while but it has started to move again slowly but hey i happy xxx

Hi girls

Its been a few weeks since ive reported in the last time i said i was hopeing to lose 8 pounds when i went to see Dr Chris and i did exactly that so i was very pleased i also got a fill of 0.75mils and i can really feel the diffrence that takes me up to 6.75mls.I also lost 6 pounds that week and 4 this week so it im well pleased.Its taken some time but i now feel im getting somewhere.(when i had to go back to Belgium in July Freddie told me that my band is a 7mil one but it can hold up to 9 mils).

Im booked to go back for another fill on 24th nov as Dr Chris is not in Edinbourgh in Dec, most of the older bansters know how long its taken for me to get to this point and im not sure if i should go,or wait to January as ive started to get somewhere any advice on this,

Also i really agree with claire about the weighing and measuring i did this before my op in Feb but lost heart as i was not losing the weight i got my notes and photos out this week and to my suprise iv lost 31 pounds and 2 dress sizes and loads of inches 4 from my tummy ,not where i thought i would be but still a lot better than last year.

A note to Sade and claire im not the best person with words but remember we did this for ourselfs we are / or were the ones carrying all that weight around and how do you explain to someone who has never had a weight problem the things we went through from not being able to dress the way we wanted or fitting into plane seats ,i remember trying to paint my toe nails it was impossible even walking in high heels was a nightmare, people will always have something to say i bet thay even commented before we lost weight even if it wasent to our faces.

Clare ive followed your story from the star and i think you look amazing 10 years younger at least maybe this is the problem.Whan we had or op we got info book about what to eat and what to expect there was a passage in it about our partners not being thrilled about the changes and feeling threatend or something.

Have a great week.

hi sara hun glad your weight is starting to shift by the sound of things your doing well,i wouldnt rock the boat i would leave your fill till jan,there is no point getting a fill for the sake of it and if you get one too soon your weight will stall again,enjoy your loss and christmas and you will prob be ready for one in january xxx

hi sara hun glad your weight is starting to shift by the sound of things your doing well,i wouldnt rock the boat i would leave your fill till jan,there is no point getting a fill for the sake of it and if you get one too soon your weight will stall again,enjoy your loss and christmas and you will prob be ready for one in january xxx

I think I would take it easy and enjoy Christmas and not worry until January start the New Year with a bang!

Take care and thank you for your lovely words. I feel years younger and know that people are really shocked. I met up with an ex-colleague at the end of half term and it is easily 3 years since I saw her so she was really shocked. I explained I'd lost it in the last year she was amazed.

Anyway take it easy.

Cx

hi all hope you are all ok,i still havnt sampled zumba class been too busy running the kids to all the bloody clubs there in lol xx

Hi all, Haven't been on for a bit....We lost our internet and phones for 2 weeks thanks to some thieves nicking the copper wire out of the phone lines. I didn't realise how much I depended on the internet.

I had my first fill a week ago, I had 3mls, can't really feel a difference yet though. I'm trying hard to resist all the things I know I shouldn't have and have stocked up on Soup and slimfast and nice veg for steaming. I was thinking of having another fill in Dec but I think I'll enjoy christmas and have my next one in Jan, or should I get a fill in Dec aaaaahhhhhhhhh, I wish I could make my mind up. I had my band 8 weeks ago, I lost 21 lbs but seem to be stuck there, not putting any on though, so I suppose that's something. I think I just need to be more disciplined about what I am eating and the portion sizes. One of the guys I had my op with reminded me to drink a glass of Water before I eat and another after, I think this will help. I suppose a long time of eating all the wrong things in huge amounts too often will take a bit of time to leave behind. Making pictures of the food I'm craving in my head and tasting it in my imagination before I even went out and got the Indian or the chinese or the kebab.....I'm working on changing the way I set myself up to fail. I really do enjoy the Soups that I'm eating and I love steamed veg and fish or chicken, I just have to know this all of the time.

Hope you are all happy and well and thanks again for being here......an understanding ear and stomach, when I need one. :^)

Hi all, Haven't been on for a bit....We lost our internet and phones for 2 weeks thanks to some thieves nicking the copper wire out of the phone lines. I didn't realise how much I depended on the internet.

I had my first fill a week ago, I had 3mls, can't really feel a difference yet though. I'm trying hard to resist all the things I know I shouldn't have and have stocked up on Soup and slimfast and nice veg for steaming. I was thinking of having another fill in Dec but I think I'll enjoy christmas and have my next one in Jan, or should I get a fill in Dec aaaaahhhhhhhhh, I wish I could make my mind up. I had my band 8 weeks ago, I lost 21 lbs but seem to be stuck there, not putting any on though, so I suppose that's something. I think I just need to be more disciplined about what I am eating and the portion sizes. One of the guys I had my op with reminded me to drink a glass of Water before I eat and another after, I think this will help. I suppose a long time of eating all the wrong things in huge amounts too often will take a bit of time to leave behind. Making pictures of the food I'm craving in my head and tasting it in my imagination before I even went out and got the Indian or the chinese or the kebab.....I'm working on changing the way I set myself up to fail. I really do enjoy the Soups that I'm eating and I love steamed veg and fish or chicken, I just have to know this all of the time.

Hope you are all happy and well and thanks again for being here......an understanding ear and stomach, when I need one. :^)

Well done on a great loss. That's brilliant. Best thing I can say is take it easy, make good food choices, and try to do some light exercise even something like yoga. Easy on the joints etc

Enjoy Chistmas and then start with a real vengeance after this and set yourself little targets x number of pounds = little treat! Lots of pounds = lovely treat!

HTH

Claire x