Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

well done amazed your doing so well xx,btw does anyone know how much a fill cost in dublin as it is in euro or do they let you pay in pound xx

hi slinky,

I paid £90 when travelled for my fill to dublin.

R u for clinic in bangor on 21st April? I am booked to, hopefully we'll meet. good luck

Blondynurse

hi slinky,

I paid £90 when travelled for my fill to dublin.

R u for clinic in bangor on 21st April? I am booked to, hopefully we'll meet. good luck

Blondynurse

yes im going on 21st cant wait lol,it will be great to c u there my appointment is 1 10 xx

daisy and rosie are you going for another fill in april or do you have enough fill in for now lol xx

Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to this so not sure if I am posting in the right place.

I am from Northern Ireland and I am considering surgery in Belgium. I have just received info from Frederik about Dr Chris. I have read a lot about Dr Chris, both on the this site and the web in general. I have a few questions and was wonder if anyone here could answer them?

Firstly, which band to get? Frederick sent me info on quite a few, is this my choice or does Dr Chris decide?

Secondly payment, do I really have to take cash? I am thinking of going to Belgium on my own and don't really want to have to carry all that cash with me.

And finally, has anyone else gone on their own? I don't want to tell anyone apart from a very close friend and he has a complete phobia of flying so its not possible for him to accompany me sad.gif

I really would appreciate your help/responses (especially anyone from Ireland -North or South) who can help guide me through this somewhat scary process smile.gif

Thanks,

E

I am from Northern Ireland and I am considering surgery in Belgium. I have just received info from Frederik about Dr Chris. I have read a lot about Dr Chris, both on the this site and the web in general. I have a few questions and was wonder if anyone here could answer them?

Firstly, which band to get? Frederick sent me info on quite a few, is this my choice or does Dr Chris decide?

Secondly payment, do I really have to take cash? I am thinking of going to Belgium on my own and don't really want to have to carry all that cash with me.

E

Hello

Congratulations on choosing Dr Chris and his team. They are great. I didn't have a choice of which band, I was given what Dr Chris thought would be best and it was a helioscopie.

I paid all the money by bank transfer via my bank and they charged me £27 for the service. I think others on here from Ireland used the Credit Union not sure what the transaction fee was.

I went in July last year and my husband came with me. There are quite a few on here who have gone solo and had very positive experiences.

HTH and good luck. Keep us posted.

Best decision I have ever made and so pleased with the results.

Take care

Claire

Hi Everyone,

And finally, has anyone else gone on their own? I don't want to tell anyone apart from a very close friend and he has a complete phobia of flying so its not possible for him to accompany me sad.gif

I really would appreciate your help/responses (especially anyone from Ireland -North or South) who can help guide me through this somewhat scary process smile.gif

Tha

hi confused,i too am from northern ireland,and i dont think you get a choice in band i never,i think at time of surgery he decides what will suit you best,and you can pay all the money if you wnat to i did,because i too have a phobia of flying so we drove over hun,and the price includes your hotel for 2 and taxis,i got dropped off and was by myself for 3 days and i was fine maybe you could take you friend and get the eurostar to belgium anyway its a thought lol,if you want to know anymore questions ask away hun

Hi Everyone,

Thanks,

E

Hi, I travelled on my own from Scotland and although I was nervous, the whole trip was really positive. Everyone is really helpful and friendly, the staff in the hospital are great too. I hate going anywhere myself but it was a good experience and I felt safe. I think it helped with the package of having the taxis and hotel so there was no worry of getting lost or paying extra. I never got to choose a band either, think the size of it depends on your own body. I took the money in cash but I got high notes so there wasnt a big package of money. It was nerve wrecking to start with but as soon as I was there I felt relaxed.

Hope that helps xxx

Thanks folks for the advice, I have been in touch with Frederik and am booked for 2nd August. I'm sure by then I will have changed my mind a million times and will be completely grey and broke but at least I have booked it unsure.gif I have decided that I am deffo going to travel on my own, after all it is only 3 days. I'm sure I will be asking for lots of tips and advise between now and August!!

E

Thanks folks for the advice, I have been in touch with Frederik and am booked for 2nd August. I'm sure by then I will have changed my mind a million times and will be completely grey and broke but at least I have booked it unsure.gif I have decided that I am deffo going to travel on my own, after all it is only 3 days. I'm sure I will be asking for lots of tips and advise between now and August!!

E

Good for you! I changed my mind so many times and it took me a few years to actually take the plunge but no regrets so far :) August will come round in no time.

xx

Hi peeps

I have had a very busy week my sister was home for a week and it was my dads 70th birthday.So on the weight front not done very well ive lost 18.5 pounds in total but most infact all of it was in first 3 weeks and nothing since i had a fill with dr chris on 24th march but not really any restriction and i can eat anything as long as i chew well .I wasent expecting to have restriction on my first fill.However i got a text from julie to say edinbourgh clinic going to be a week late somthing to do with flights,so i asked her if it would be possible to go to glasgow on 22nd for a fill and then to edinbourgh on 28th for a fill i know chris Deprez had trouble finding it last time but im willing to take chance as im off work and daughter off school so could make a day of it.She wasent to keen first said about the cost ect and then said sometimes it takes a wee while for restriction to kick in but i said i would like to try and take dr chris advice on 28th.Im sooooooo desparate for restriction now as people keep asking how much ive lost.Ive heard someone on this site saying if u go to brussles chris would do it one day and if u wanted he would top it up next day if u ok.So i dont really see the diff cos there will be 8 days between fills and its my cash.Anyway see what happens :blink: .

Hi slinky how are u and claire and blondie hope u r all well. Easter is nearly apon us and the shops are full of chocolate not good.:(

Hi peeps

I have had a very busy week my sister was home for a week and it was my dads 70th birthday.So on the weight front not done very well ive lost 18.5 pounds in total but most infact all of it was in first 3 weeks and nothing since i had a fill with dr chris on 24th march but not really any restriction and i can eat anything as long as i chew well .I wasent expecting to have restriction on my first fill.However i got a text from julie to say edinbourgh clinic going to be a week late somthing to do with flights,so i asked her if it would be possible to go to glasgow on 22nd for a fill and then to edinbourgh on 28th for a fill i know chris Deprez had trouble finding it last time but im willing to take chance as im off work and daughter off school so could make a day of it.She wasent to keen first said about the cost ect and then said sometimes it takes a wee while for restriction to kick in but i said i would like to try and take dr chris advice on 28th.Im sooooooo desparate for restriction now as people keep asking how much ive lost.Ive heard someone on this site saying if u go to brussles chris would do it one day and if u wanted he would top it up next day if u ok.So i dont really see the diff cos there will be 8 days between fills and its my cash.Anyway see what happens :blink: .

Hi slinky how are u and claire and blondie hope u r all well. Easter is nearly apon us and the shops are full of chocolate not good.:(

Yeah youre right, the first fill doesnt do much or the second. I go to the Edinburgh clinic too and had my third fill last month, notice restriction now but not as much as I would like, so going for fill number 4 on 28th then hopefully that will be me. I think you would be ok to get a fill in Ggow then Edin the week after, you will know yourself how your body is. Im sure he wont mind :-) xx

I was banded in 2009 in July I initially lost 3 1/2 stone but i fell by the wayside...... i havent had an infill as i was topped up too tightly in March 2010 due being unable to eat anything but mush through a jaw problem. But ive put on 6lbs and cant stop this addiction to chocolate. When i was unable to eat i could manage the choc and the biscuits and have become overtime, lazy in what i eat. If I try to eat properly I get "stuckages". But i need to get back on the wagon that ive fell off......... please gimme some guidance.... anyone?! Help!!!!

I was banded in 2009 in July I initially lost 3 1/2 stone but i fell by the wayside...... i havent had an infill as i was topped up too tightly in March 2010 due being unable to eat anything but mush through a jaw problem. But ive put on 6lbs and cant stop this addiction to chocolate. When i was unable to eat i could manage the choc and the biscuits and have become overtime, lazy in what i eat. If I try to eat properly I get "stuckages". But i need to get back on the wagon that ive fell off......... please gimme some guidance.... anyone?! Help!!!!

Hi lisch when you say you eat properly and you get stuck thats the band telling you you have to stop eating .It might be after a few mouthfulls or half a plate .Once you know what the feeling is when you are going to get the sliming and the blockage this is when you need to stop eating.Thats the way the band works.Eating chocolate and biscuits will just slide through the band so you should be trying to eat normal food as then you will have to stop as you will get blockages if that makes sense.

I tried the 5 day pouch test to get me started once i fell off the wagon.If you google it it will tell you all you need to know.

For the best part of my journey i have stuck to eating loads of protien like doing a Atkins style diet not strick but as much as i could and thats how i lost most of the weight.

When you eat high a high protien diet you dont feel as hungry and i didnt eat as much either.Now i switch between atkins and weight watchers and by doing this it mantains my weight.Hope this help any if you need any more info just ask.

Hi,Bobbo, I have read your progress on here an you really seem to have this band sussed. Thats where I am going wrong. I know I should quit when the hated slime starts but do I ? no, I persist and then have to run to the loo. Its so true, that my head should have had the band, not my stomach.

I will give the pouch test a go and hope it kick starts me.

Does anyone know the date of the April clinic in Glasgow please? Really need to get a fill.

Thanks in advance

Hi lisch when you say you eat properly and you get stuck thats the band telling you you have to stop eating .It might be after a few mouthfulls or half a plate .Once you know what the feeling is when you are going to get the sliming and the blockage this is when you need to stop eating.Thats the way the band works.Eating chocolate and biscuits will just slide through the band so you should be trying to eat normal food as then you will have to stop as you will get blockages if that makes sense.

I tried the 5 day pouch test to get me started once i fell off the wagon.If you google it it will tell you all you need to know.

For the best part of my journey i have stuck to eating loads of protien like doing a Atkins style diet not strick but as much as i could and thats how i lost most of the weight.

When you eat high a high protien diet you dont feel as hungry and i didnt eat as much either.Now i switch between atkins and weight watchers and by doing this it mantains my weight.Hope this help any if you need any more info just ask.

Evening all

Enjoying a lovely glass of Frascati.

Had a lovely day with the children.

My oldest took a really lovely spontaneous photo of me and I thought I would post the link as I don't have any photos on here. Please don't be shocked by the first ones as they were pre-op (night before) and then at intermittent periods during the last 36 weeks.

http://www.mummiesbirthbuddy.co.uk/weightlossphotos.htm

Update:

Week 36

Well 20lbs to go. I have lost 81 pounds and 67 inches. Wow wow wow! I can't believe I am so near my target.

I started thinking if I was going to be happy at this target as I have been working towards this for the last 36 weeks! What if I don't stop losing after I have got to it, is that wrong? Is it what my body needs? I am also wondering if I will get less restriction etc. I know that I may have to go for a bit of maintenance in terms of fills but will my body know when it needs to stop losing weight?

I'm already shocked at what I see in the mirror. I can't quite get over the change from July 2010 until the beginning of January and until now. It's amazing. I am so not used to seeing myself like this and sort of miss a stage of my life when I felt I was ok. I suppose that would be the day I got married. Anyway I am going to have to get used to it as it is a part of me and I'm not going back to the 18 stone + me.

So how did I do this week. Lost 3.5 lbs and 1 inch so BMI is now 28.7 getting nearer to 25 to be referred for boobs!

Well going to close, have a super weekend. Take care

Claire x