Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi! This is my first post, so I'm a little nervous.

I live in the States, but will be in London June 18 - July 10. Do you think I am too close to schedule a surgery in Belgium for around that time? How did you all get in contact with the surgeons?

Does anyone know of any other good surgeons in Belgium just in case I can't set a date during that window? Is it required to do an initial meeting in the U.K.?

Has anyone gone by themselves? My husband has to work, so I would be going through the whole process alone. Is it naive to think I can do that?

Does anyone know if I would be able to get fills in the States if I am banded in Belgium?

Any and all information would be very much appreciated!!

hi nicole he goes on hols around the 9th july so email the guy who deals with dr chris patients on frederik.serneels@ecfs.be and no you dont have to have a meeting u just meet frederik the night before op,a few peep have gone by themselve and have said to maybe stay an extra night at hotel to heal a bit better otherwise they have been ok, dont know much bout fills but freckles has give you some info on that goodluck hun:thumbup:

Hi All

Well I am back from Belgium, feeling a bit sore. My leak was in the tubing 1cm away from the port. Dr Chris said it was caused by having a fill. I wasnt able to take the damaged tubing home with me but he has given me a report which I can take to the BUPA hospital although I dont hold much hope of getting any money back from them. Dr Chris gave also gave me a fill of 5ml and Im feeling a bit of restriction so hopefully my weight will start to come down again, fingers crossed!

EnglishRose

well at least you can get back to losing weight again english did it cost you much for hosp etc

i have just booked to go with dr cdb , he has and excellent reputation and at a very reasonable price , i manage to get a package with everything in including acomdation , happy days !!!! good luck with your search

hi pearce what date are you getting banded and goodluck

Had a check up with GP who was impressed with Dr Chris' report asked for details of package and costs to pass on info to other paitents looking into it. Nurse changed dressing and checked wounds who was also impressed with how neat the wounds looked.

A question for any of the girls banded this week

The pink sterile solution given to us in hospital, what did they tell us to use it on ?

I thought it was to clean the wounds when changing dressings but nurse told me it couldnt be as this could desolve the stiches.

Hi Sussie

The pink sterile solutions is to clean your wounds when you change your dressing and Karob is right your stitches are supposed to dissolve anyway and whats left of them can be taken out after 10 days.

EnglishRose

x

i did mean to say the nurse said it could disolve them to quickly lol

The nurse also said i didnt need to change my dressings again unless there was any weeping or if the dressings got grubby.

Had a bad night Friday with trapped wind on the left side of my stomach was in real agony but windeze and a couple of paracetamol did the trick. Having trouble drinking as much Water as i should be as i get bloated easily, drinking tea isnt as bad but worried about not drinking enough.

I know what you mean about drinking Water. I can't drink half as much as I used to. I feel ok, but it just feels weird. I would say it will get better as time goes on. I also have hardly eaten anything. I just don't feel that hungry. Half a bowl of Soup and a crisp bread and I'm full. What a difference it has made.

Just spent the morning cleaning the house to the best of my ability. I am claiming it against some exercise for today. It's hard to do anything clutching your side.

Still haven't managed to pluck up the courage to have a look at my scab. My sister-in-law is coming up later, so I will get her to look at it. On a positive note, the pain in my sidee isn't half as bad as it was, but the stitches are really starting to itch, so i suppose thats a good sign as well.

Hope Ant is still vertical with the sight of banadges and needles. Ste been quite good, but I think his patience is starting to wear a bit thin. Just as well I'm not in too much pain or discomfort.

Talk soon, K :confused:

i did mean to say the nurse said it could disolve them to quickly lol

The nurse also said i didnt need to change my dressings again unless there was any weeping or if the dressings got grubby.

Had a bad night Friday with trapped wind on the left side of my stomach was in real agony but windeze and a couple of paracetamol did the trick. Having trouble drinking as much water as i should be as i get bloated easily, drinking tea isnt as bad but worried about not drinking enough.

Got back from Belgium yesterday after being banded on Tuesday (YEAH) :confused: Everything went absolutely amazingly well, Both Dr. Chris and Frederik where Fantastic, Hospital exteremly clean with wonderful and friendly staff.

Met some wonderful people out there who just made this experience so much better so thanks to you all :sad:

And an even bigger thanks to Englishrose who encouraged and talked me through my first self injection you were a great help and support :) and yes Gary you were right you cant feel a thing when you do them.

Good luck to all the girls who were banded this week and to anyone else who is starting their jorney soon.

Sussie x

excellent, well done, now the fun starts.

x

Had a check up with GP who was impressed with Dr Chris' report asked for details of package and costs to pass on info to other paitents looking into it. Nurse changed dressing and checked wounds who was also impressed with how neat the wounds looked.

A question for any of the girls banded this week

The pink sterile solution given to us in hospital, what did they tell us to use it on ?

I thought it was to clean the wounds when changing dressings but nurse told me it couldnt be as this could desolve the stiches.

yeh the pink liquid is defo for cleaning.

Hi, well I've done it! Got banded on 7th May! Feeling much better today and fingers crossed the wind is easing off cos that has been killing me!

Frederick and Dr Chris were great as were the nurses, the whole thing was organised perfectly.

What made the trip for me were the amazing people I met there - Mary, Patricia and family and Toni and Carl. I couldn't have done it without them and my hubby of course!

If any pre bandsters have any questions about the Belgium experience please ask - I don't mind! :biggrin:

Lindsay xx

Hi, well I've done it! Got banded on 7th May! Feeling much better today and fingers crossed the wind is easing off cos that has been killing me!

Frederick and Dr Chris were great as were the nurses, the whole thing was organised perfectly.

What made the trip for me were the amazing people I met there - Mary, Patricia and family and Toni and Carl. I couldn't have done it without them and my hubby of course!

If any pre bandsters have any questions about the Belgium experience please ask - I don't mind! :biggrin:

Lindsay xx

hi lindsay and well done lucky you well im not getting done till 27th july,but im leaving on 15th to go on holiday in holland and belgium is my last stop for op,im writing all my list of what i need,can you tell me what you took to the hospital with you as i dont want to take too much,i was thinking of just going in the clothes i would be wearing and taking just a towel,washbag,clean underwear any ideas of what else i need,i will be by myself as hubby is dropping me off and staying with the kids on our caravan site lol thanks hun:wink2:

hi lindsay and well done lucky you well im not getting done till 27th july,but im leaving on 15th to go on holiday in holland and belgium is my last stop for op,im writing all my list of what i need,can you tell me what you took to the hospital with you as i dont want to take too much,i was thinking of just going in the clothes i would be wearing and taking just a towel,washbag,clean underwear any ideas of what else i need,i will be by myself as hubby is dropping me off and staying with the kids on our caravan site lol thanks hun:wink2:

Hi hun

I took too many toiletries with me! Antibacterial this, antibacterial that! lol. I didn't realise that the hospitals over there don't even have MRSA! Basically the only clothes Ihad were what I went in and I took with me pyjamas and a pair of knickers. I forgot my slippers and should have took them. The only toiletries I used were face wash, toothbrush, toothpaste and deodorant so I think what you are taking sounds fine. Defo no need to take loads. I didn't get operated on till after 2 so having left the hotel at 6.45 it was a long wait, so I was glad I took plenty of magazines to try to keep my mind occupied! There is a telly in the room that has BBC1 so that was good. If you want to know ANYTHING else please just ask - I know how many questions there is going around your head - well there was in mine! If you want to PM me I'll give you my email address.:scared2:

hi does anyone know of any type of insurance that will cover you if your band gets dammaged

hi does anyone know of any type of insurance that will cover you if your band gets dammaged

Hi Gaz

Not heard of any seperate insurances but you will have some come back with original surgeon

Did you manage to get a fill done? How you feeling

Ive got my 1st fill on 20th May - can't come quick enough now - a month later than I had hoped but never mind

Kerry

fell great the fill deffenetly helps iv got my second fill on the 18th may cant wait iv lost 3 and a half stone in 6 weeks so somethings defenetly working hows your portion size going before my fill i was eating normal size and now i can hardly eat anything its great

Hi Gaz

Not heard of any seperate insurances but you will have some come back with original surgeon

Did you manage to get a fill done? How you feeling

Ive got my 1st fill on 20th May - can't come quick enough now - a month later than I had hoped but never mind

Kerry

hi scooby how is your weighloss going,all you latest bandsters will have to get tickers up lol:tongue_smilie: