Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Glad to hear how much weight you have lost Garry, its brilliant!!! Carrie, enjoy the chocs girl, you deserve them.

I had a fill on 10th December, Freddyboy would only put 2 and a quarter mls in even though he took out 3 in October, but he was right, I cant eat like I did after that de-fill.

I'm back now to the weight I was before the de-fill and after xmas I may try to be good and not drink or eat choccy, if i cant I'll get another fill cos I have another 2 stone to go.

I drink every night, I always have a couple of Scotch or a couple of bottles of Bud, no probs for me at all, I think they make these rules up as they go along. How boring cant eat, cant drink, it'll be no sex soon lol.

Of course you get tiddley quicker cos there's not much food to absorb it, that suits me fine lol.

Hello Everyone,

Hope u are all having a lovely christmas break,

Just lookin for a little advice really, I want to get a fill, i am in the Glasgow area.....Just lookin for location and price info...... x x

Edited by Mand

Hi Mandy i dont know how quick you are needing the fill bit i think wls group are up around the 12th of jan and for a fill i think they are about £85 They are next to Glasgow green.Don't know any where else but maybe Gary will be able to tell you where he gets his fill in Glasgow from Dr chris deprez i think hes called.

Hello Everyone

Hope you all had a great Christmas! xx

Hi Mandy i dont know how quick you are needing the fill bit i think wls group are up around the 12th of jan and for a fill i think they are about £85 They are next to Glasgow green.Don't know any where else but maybe Gary will be able to tell you where he gets his fill in Glasgow from Dr chris deprez i think hes called.

Thanks bobobaldy, i will have a wee look online and see if i can get anymore info.. x x

Hello Everyone,

Hope u are all having a lovely christmas break,

Just lookin for a little advice really, I want to get a fill, i am in the Glasgow area.....Just lookin for location and price info...... x x

hi there, chris deprez does do a clinic in glsgow, he works for ECFS alos, i think frederik actully does alternative months its generally around the 16th and its always a friday, it up at charing cross, the charge is £80-£90. you can also see dr cdb in edinburgh also.

JUst shout if u want anymore info

Hello Everyone

Hope you all had a great Christmas! xx

hi darlin, merry christmas hope you had a good one, i have drank way too much but cnt eat so all good first christmas i aint felt like a stuffed pig, hahahaha

x

hi , Is anyone going to be banded on the 15Jan10 by Dr Chris in Brussels? I am going on my own and was hoping to hear from other people who maybe going that day.any pre op advise ? thanks!

Hi JennyO...I am going to be banded on January 15th by Dr. Chris De Bruyne. I'm travelling myself too....very, very nervous !!!

I'm starting on a low fat "diet" on 2nd January.

Where are you travelling from?

Hiya Sharon

Only just joined site as Ive only just emailed regarding the banding.

Im really scared going to Belgium to have it done. The quotes Ive had in England are really expensive and they go on about after care etc being really important but it sounds like Dr Chris follows you up regularly.

Apart from the forum do you know anyone personally who has had this done?

Hiya

Im looking at prices for flights from Manchester. Is the hotel/hospital far from the airport?

Dr Chris says you can have your consultation the day before in Brussels. Does anyone know if anyone has been refused after travelling to Brussels?

Dr Chris says that he needs to see you once a year for a check up (x-ray etc) Is this £100 and then it says she will have to have a refills. Are refills every year at the check up? and do these cost more as well as the check up fee?

Hope someone can help?

Hiya Sharon

Im really scared going to Belgium to have it done. The quotes Ive had in England are really expensive and they go on about after care etc being really important but it sounds like Dr Chris follows you up regularly.

Hi Annnicol,

I'm just new myself !

I know 3 people personally who have had the operation (Mar '08 for them)...they all travelled to Belgium and were operated on by Dr. Chris De Bruyne...they have all had very successful weight losses and no problems. Dr. Chris travels to Edinburgh (and other places around Britain) on a monthly basis for fills, etc. and from what I've read you can buy an "after-care" package from a British company (can't think of name at the moment, sorry) that provides unlimited fills, support, diet info, etc. I will look into that more once I come home.

I'm travelling into Brussels international airport. It's very close to the hospital. For going home I am travelling with Ryanair and they fly from Charleroi airport...this is a good hours drive away by taxi (around £80).

It is a huge saving to go to Belgium...even though the exchange rate isn't too great at the moment.

Hope this helps...x

Hello everyone I was banded in Dublin January 2007 the company went into liquidation and the aftercare was virtually non existent. I havent had much success with the band as I am either overfilled or can eat anything.

Anyway I went to see Chris Duprez in Dublin for a fill and he said my port was now way too close to my skin and it would need to be replaced. I have been in touch with Chris De Bruyne and it will cost 2000 euro to have the port replaced.

Has anyone else had to have this done with Chris? Would love some feedback.

Thanks a million

Hiya Sharon

welcome to you both, it is normal to be nervous but you are in great hands with dr chris he is great, the trip to belgium is pretty easy and the nursing care is fantastic, take a quiet moment and red through all the posts in this section and i am sure all your questions will be answered, if not just shout were all here to help we have all been there.

g

Hello everyone I was banded in Dublin January 2007 the company went into liquidation and the aftercare was virtually non existent. I havent had much success with the band as I am either overfilled or can eat anything.

Anyway I went to see Chris Duprez in Dublin for a fill and he said my port was now way too close to my skin and it would need to be replaced. I have been in touch with Chris De Bruyne and it will cost 2000 euro to have the port replaced.

Has anyone else had to have this done with Chris? Would love some feedback.

Thanks a million

hi lil, i was banded in feb 09 by dr chris however during a fill my port tubing was punctured in july and i had to go back in august to have it fixed which all went well, i cannot compliment dr c and his team anymore.

gx