Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Debs

I had the same advice from Fred havent bought the girdle yet, hope to have some time when I get back from my hols!!! Going on Sunday cant wait so not really worrying about my op either, I also looked at some of the other pages and cant think that way as I want to feel ok when I have it done. I have been eating myself silly and I am fed up with food too.... until I get on holiday!! Let me know what sort of things I can eat when I get back as I will go straight onto my pre op diet!! Hope they dont weight me when I get to Belgium as I would of probably put on a stone!! Do anyone know if they do..........

Am away for work from tomorrow until I go on holiday so will catch back up with you when I am back, it will nearly be your time then - good luck with the pre op diet, I have bought some slender drinks for after the op for my liquid diet. Will be thinking of you

Oliver dog I have told my sister and her partner you are going out and getting banded same day as her and although she is a computer phobic she asked me to say hi and also to look out for her and her partner in the hotel. Shes so glad there is someone on here going out the same day as her. I think she has put on another half a stone as she is really into THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST TIME I EVER EAT THIS and is having so many last meals before her low fat diet you would think she was going to the electric chair!!!!! Jx

Homecare, for me thats normal, I can only manage 1/2 cupful of anything at a meal.

In fact my Bandster identity card does state that.

I have found something new that I can eat by the bagful, which is not good, French Fries...81 cals a bag, and I can eat 2 bags at a time!!!!

Saying that though, that would be my meal, cos I couldnt eat anything for at least 3 1/2 hours after.

You are so good Garry with all your exercise, but that wouldnt apeal to me at all, all those bodies sweating...yuk, doesnt bear thinking about lol, was the room quite smelly, cos there's always someone who doesnt care about personal hygene isnt there, unless you're really lucky.

Got my 2nd fill on tuesday and liquids went ok but did feel a difference. ie. felt yoghurt still in what felt like my gullet 20mins after eating it strange sensation and today had WW lentil Soup and even though I sipped it slowly I felt it still in my chest area. I decided to go and hang out my washing thinking the arm movement would shift it but I ended up pbing small amount of soup any advice and is this normal bandsters? Jx

This is what happens to me so I guess you can call it normal, it will however ease off, and some days it will get better and then tighten up a bit, its really wierd how it changes, but it is what we look for and that is restriction, good luck with you journey you'll start to lose weight now. woopy

This is what happens to me so I guess you can call it normal, it will however ease off, and some days it will get better and then tighten up a bit, its really wierd how it changes, but it is what we look for and that is restriction, good luck with you journey you'll start to lose weight now. woopy

I understand what your saying Freckles and MMM but its only my second fill so not expecting restriction yet. I had mash potato and corned beef tonight ate around a side plate portion and was quite full. My problem is knowing when to stop I didnt stop until I took hiccups. Its a different sensation to being full it just seems like you have to stop eating now even though the brain is saying Im still hungry. Weird. Sorry for rambling but trying to get my head round this. Jx:scared2:

Homecare I know exactly what you're saying. I still dont know when to stop eating, its so hard. What I try to do is just put 1/2 cup of food out for myself, as this is the amount we're sposed to eat I believe, in any one sitting.

I often cant eat it all and sometimes I could eat double the amount.

It really takes a lot of getting used to, these silent partners are not so silent are they lol.

But I would never be without mine I love it so much.

I tried clothes on yesterday that I was wearing in August and they're so loose, I cant believe it, its amazing!!!

Oh me4ant to say, even if its only your second fill, be grateful girl lol.

Sometimes it takes numerous fills to get to your point.

However it may loosen off as sometimes happens when you get restriction early on.

Homecare I know exactly what you're saying. I still dont know when to stop eating, its so hard. What I try to do is just put 1/2 cup of food out for myself, as this is the amount we're sposed to eat I believe, in any one sitting.

I often cant eat it all and sometimes I could eat double the amount.

It really takes a lot of getting used to, these silent partners are not so silent are they lol.

But I would never be without mine I love it so much.

I tried clothes on yesterday that I was wearing in August and they're so loose, I cant believe it, its amazing!!!

Thats great news about the clothes freckles but bad news for your purse!!!!:( having to buy new clothes but still I suppose your going to get loads for your forthcoming trip. I know I should be grateful but Im a bit worried incase it wears off. No one really explains what your supposed to feel when getting near or having restriction. It is definately not a feeling of fullness as pre band, its more a feeling of discomfort and me saying to myself, "enough Im stretching this band":ohmy:. At the moment if I eat one mouthfull over what I should Im in pain and sometimes have hiccups. I have to learn when to stop. Wendy from WLS did say she thought I was nearly there and says I may just need a small fill next time. I have to say this is only my second day on mushies after the fill so will make up my mind when eating solid food.:rolleyes2:Jx

Anyone know of the next dates of fills with WLS around UK???????????????

I only know the next Glasgow one is the 13th October.jx

Hi Guy's haven't been on for a while not long back from hols in New York had a fab time but band went very tight could on eat ice cream cheese cake all the bad stuff every time tried to have something solid got sick very painful well that's my excuse only joking but gained 5 lbs for my little break out back on track, word to the wise dont be to tight going on long hal flight, i thought i needed a fill before going and peeps on here advised me to wait till i came back glad i took there advise because if i had got a fill would defo would of had to get defill on hols so glad i didn't, but since Ive come back low and behold can eat most things so defo need a fill now, has anybody got Wendy's number, or when shes next in Dublin please,i have lost 5 stone 10 lbs so far delighted with that since restriction has worn off i can even eat bread so trying to rely on the old will power again till next fill, great to see all the newbies your doing really well i have to catch up with everyone, i know the band can be temperamental but i would nt have got this far without it :( xx

Thats great news about the clothes freckles but bad news for your purse!!!!:blushing: having to buy new clothes but still I suppose your going to get loads for your forthcoming trip. I know I should be grateful but Im a bit worried incase it wears off. No one really explains what your supposed to feel when getting near or having restriction. It is definately not a feeling of fullness as pre band, its more a feeling of discomfort and me saying to myself, "enough Im stretching this band":ohmy:. At the moment if I eat one mouthfull over what I should Im in pain and sometimes have hiccups. I have to learn when to stop. Wendy from WLS did say she thought I was nearly there and says I may just need a small fill next time. I have to say this is only my second day on mushies after the fill so will make up my mind when eating solid food.:rolleyes2:Jx

Actually, I do have some clothes from when I lost a couple of stone with my first band so I'm not so bad off. I have bought a few things but with BA our baggage allowance is only about 20 kilos, and the other flights are the same, so cant take too many clothes.

We have booked a few hotels with washing machines, etc, so we'll just have to keep wearing the same clobber lol.

I get hiccups all the time, even when I havent eaten and sometimes when I've only had a drink of Water, drives me nutz lol.

I agree its not a feeling of fullness, but hopefully we will get to know our body's signs soon, we have to just play it by ear I spose.:biggrin:

Hi Guy's haven't been on for a while not long back from hols in New York had a fab time but band went very tight could on eat ice cream cheese cake all the bad stuff every time tried to have something solid got sick very painful well that's my excuse only joking but gained 5 lbs for my little break out back on track, word to the wise dont be to tight going on long hal flight, i thought i needed a fill before going and peeps on here advised me to wait till i came back glad i took there advise because if i had got a fill would defo would of had to get defill on hols so glad i didn't, but since Ive come back low and behold can eat most things so defo need a fill now, has anybody got Wendy's number, or when shes next in Dublin please,i have lost 5 stone 10 lbs so far delighted with that since restriction has worn off i can even eat bread so trying to rely on the old will power again till next fill, great to see all the newbies your doing really well i have to catch up with everyone, i know the band can be temperamental but i would nt have got this far without it :biggrin: xx

Hi Shoes,

Remember me, Fatpants?

Well I just came on to ask a question, but you have answered it for me! We're going on hol's on the 8th of October and wondered if flying made the band tighter!

I can't believe it! You've lost 5 stone 10lbs since the 6th of March! That is amazing, well done, you must be ecstatic!

I got banded on the 17 March, I have had four fills = 6.25mls in total, I was due another fill on the 1st October but I had 1 small incident last week when I couldn't swallow, quite scary, the food automatically came back out, this has never happened before. In the past when I have hads food stuck I have normally managed to flush it down gulping Water, albeit sore and I am sure not good for the old band area of the stomach! My last fill was on the 30 July, I missed out last month as I was feeling quite comfortable, not hungry, eating smaller portions and slowly losing weight, not as much as you though! I was happy to go for the fill on the 1/10 until the wee incident when I couldn't swallow! So I e-mailed Chris, expecting him to say not to have a fill but he suggested an unfill, which I am not keen on as I don't want to be tempted and put on loads of weight! What do you think?

Can you tell me about your weight loss and fills etc.... I just though I would have lost more weight by now, and I am a wee bit disappointed. Before my op when I was on the thread night and day, it seemed to me people were losing on average 1 stone a month over the first six months or so. I keep telling my self that maybe others have more weight to lose and therefore lose it faster in the beginning. I shouldn't really moan as I still indulge on chocolate and ice cream ......... occassionally!

When I went on my pre op diet I weighed 16st12lbs, when I went for my op I weighed 16st5lbs, I now weigh 13stones10lbs.

Please can you let me know your progress so I can compare!

Thanks

Fatpants :blushing:

Hi Shoes,

Remember me, Fatpants?

Well I just came on to ask a question, but you have answered it for me! We're going on hol's on the 8th of October and wondered if flying made the band tighter!

I can't believe it! You've lost 5 stone 10lbs since the 6th of March! That is amazing, well done, you must be ecstatic!

I got banded on the 17 March, I have had four fills = 6.25mls in total, I was due another fill on the 1st October but I had 1 small incident last week when I couldn't swallow, quite scary, the food automatically came back out, this has never happened before. In the past when I have hads food stuck I have normally managed to flush it down gulping Water, albeit sore and I am sure not good for the old band area of the stomach! My last fill was on the 30 July, I missed out last month as I was feeling quite comfortable, not hungry, eating smaller portions and slowly losing weight, not as much as you though! I was happy to go for the fill on the 1/10 until the wee incident when I couldn't swallow! So I e-mailed Chris, expecting him to say not to have a fill but he suggested an unfill, which I am not keen on as I don't want to be tempted and put on loads of weight! What do you think?

Can you tell me about your weight loss and fills etc.... I just though I would have lost more weight by now, and I am a wee bit disappointed. Before my op when I was on the thread night and day, it seemed to me people were losing on average 1 stone a month over the first six months or so. I keep telling my self that maybe others have more weight to lose and therefore lose it faster in the beginning. I shouldn't really moan as I still indulge on chocolate and ice cream ......... occassionally!

When I went on my pre op diet I weighed 16st12lbs, when I went for my op I weighed 16st5lbs, I now weigh 13stones10lbs.

Please can you let me know your progress so I can compare!

Thanks

Fatpants :blushing:

hi fatpants nice to her from you, you need to remember that as you loose weight and your weight comes down especially as much as you hve then your BMR Basic metabolic rate reduces therefore your bodies calori need reduces so that to loose that 1 pound per week your intake has to be substantially less, i cant remember if i worked it out for you before but feel free to pm me your height and weight and age and i will tell you your bmr or even just do a bmr calculation google search.Remember to loose 1 pound per week of fat you have to be 3500 calories less than your weekly BMR which is a lot when you are down as low as the 13 stone mrk.

gx

morning everyone, i managed to get another wee fill on friday.5ml wow what a difference i now have what everyone talks about the 3-4 spoonfulls and your done so all good lets see how long it lasts.

gx