Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

CONGRATULATIONS carriejess you have done so well, bet you are so happy with yourself x

Thanx homecare for that, can't wait for the arrival and im going with them for the next scan in 2 wks time, your sister and brother in law obviously can see how well you are doing.. i dont blame them going for the band, it will change there life for the better, tell them to get on the forum lol x x

Thanx bobo i think i will get my self one, i dont suffer with Migraines so it might be worth it for me, i was going to get one yesterday for £100 (new), what a bargain but wanted to make sure its ok to use them x

Forgot to say my brother in law and sister are going to belgium to get banded on the 16th of October. Hes not bothered who knows but sis is like me and wants to keep it to herself but doesnt know if her other half can keep his mouth shut. She will be so embarrased if it gets out. Any way keeping it in the family as they say. Jx:thumbup:

Hi Homecare

If they come on the site and want to chat let me know, I am being banded in Belgium on 16th October, going on my own so it would be nice to know someone already!

Have they had their pre op diets or any information yet, as I am still waiting and beginning to get a bit worried?

I have read on here about people taking Milk Thistle, can someone tell me what it is and why they take it. Is it before or after banding or all the time? Thanks for your help.

CarrieJess, just read your fantastic news.........you must be thrilled to pieces ?????????

It makes this journey so worthwhile and so real when you read stories like yours. You have done so well over the past 11 months, you deserve all the good things that are coming you way.........Well done you :lol:

Keep up the good work and don't disappear, I may need you for motivation over the coming months :biggrin:

S x

Firstly....

1zb87sk.jpg

Carrie, we are so proud of you xxxxx

Thanx Homecare about the babby, she is kissable, bless.

I've enjoyed reading the posts from newly banded folk, dont worry the wind and pain passes.

And how good must that feel to lose 3 stone before you've had a fill...wow superwoman has joined our board xxx Excellent!!!

I was sick again tonight, all I ate was 3 cream crackers with cheese and Tomato on.

And I mean the proper down the nose jobby...yuk, sorry to be sharing this with you, but it happened the day before yesterday too.

I still cant get used to how little my weeny pouch will hold...silly woman I am.

Gonna go look at all the piccys now thanx peoples. xxxx

Garry, no you're deffo not thick lol, I think if you click bandster profile under a persons name, and avatar it will take you to their piccys if they have any. xx

Hi Homecare

If they come on the site and want to chat let me know, I am being banded in Belgium on 16th October, going on my own so it would be nice to know someone already!

Have they had their pre op diets or any information yet, as I am still waiting and beginning to get a bit worried?

I have read on here about people taking Milk Thistle, can someone tell me what it is and why they take it. Is it before or after banding or all the time? Thanks for your help.

Hi Oliverdog. After much mailing I received a confirmation email from Fred of my booking and he included the following information - "

If possible, it is best for you to go on a general low fat diet at least two weeks before surgery which will cause your liver to shrink, and thus making the operation easier.

You enter our hospital on the day of surgery at 07.15h am and a preoperative electrocardiogram and blood sample will be taken. Then you will be operated on under general anaesthetic and will leave the hospital the next day at 13h00, after the standard postoperative examinations."

I hope this is of help. The Milk Thistle is from Boots or Holland and Barrat, it is a herb which is supposed to help remove toxins from the liver

Wikipaedia says "it is the seeds of milk thistle that herbalists have used for 2000 years to treat chronic liver disease and protect the liver against toxins. Increasing research is being undertaken on the physiological effects, therapeutic properties and possible medical uses of milk thistle"

My theory was that taking it may be benificial, so it was worth a try.

All the best

SP

Wow that is amazing!! You must be so pleased. I would be dancing for you! Its so nice to read posts like yours it makes you see that the journey is so worth it. Well done carrriejess, yor an inspiration!!!!

Hi all hope all is doing well.

Congrats all on the weight loss i have been reading !!!!

I had a question :

Has anyone done their fills through Julie Tosh??

I am very worried about the fills and have a date 17th Sept for my first fill in the london clinic.

Hi Homecare

Hi Oliverdog, they havent had any diet given to them just told to go on a low fat diet two weeks before as it shrinks your liver and helps when the surgeon has to operate to get under the liver, I think? The milk thistle is to get rid of any toxins. I still take this every day as I feel it helps me but everybody's different.

Ive told them to come on this site but you can take a horse to the stream but you cant make it drink!!!!!:smile2:

Bobo glad your not out of pocket and your doing well.

Gary thats great youve got real restriction now roll on more weight loss.

Wishful where did you see the machine for £100? Jx

Hi all hope all is doing well.

Congrats all on the weight loss i have been reading !!!!

I had a question :

Has anyone done their fills through Julie Tosh??

I am very worried about the fills and have a date 17th Sept for my first fill in the london clinic.

hi there Julie Tosh is the fill administrator for Dr Chris and co, she organises all the fill dates.

gx

Garry, no you're deffo not thick lol, I think if you click bandster profile under a persons name, and avatar it will take you to their piccys if they have any. xx

thanks honey.

gx

Hi Oliverdog, they havent had any diet given to them just told to go on a low fat diet two weeks before as it shrinks your liver and helps when the surgeon has to operate to get under the liver, I think? The milk thistle is to get rid of any toxins. I still take this every day as I feel it helps me but everybody's different.

Ive told them to come on this site but you can take a horse to the stream but you cant make it drink!!!!!:smile2:

Bobo glad your not out of pocket and your doing well.

Gary thats great youve got real restriction now roll on more weight loss.

Wishful where did you see the machine for £100? Jx

Thanks Singing Parrot and Homecare, this has helped me calm down a bit!! I have just heard from Fred although I think you both made it clearer, but at least now I know he has the deposit and its on for the 16th October. Should really go on the diet asap but going on holiday in a couple of weeks, so will start as soon as I get back!!

Thanks everyone this website is really great

Oliverdog!!