Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I've got my date - 6th October to get banded. I've been reading alot of your posts and some of you seem to have a lot of discomfort. I'm hoping this passes? Can anyone tell me, do you always feel that you have the band there, is there a time that you eventually get back to 'normal' and just get a full feeling without the nausea and wind etc. and everytime you have a fill do you always get sick/nausea and how quick does this pass?

Sorry for all the questions, I think now I've got the date and its not too long off, I'm just getting a bit nervous.

I've got my date - 6th October to get banded. I've been reading alot of your posts and some of you seem to have a lot of discomfort. I'm hoping this passes? Can anyone tell me, do you always feel that you have the band there, is there a time that you eventually get back to 'normal' and just get a full feeling without the nausea and wind etc. and everytime you have a fill do you always get sick/nausea and how quick does this pass?

Sorry for all the questions, I think now I've got the date and its not too long off, I'm just getting a bit nervous.

Thats a good date to go, my daughters birthday lol. Dont worry to much as we are all different in the way we heal, you are having surgery so will be in some pain although its not unbearable and can be managed with over the counter painkillers, the only time i remember about my band is if i eat some thing i shouldnt and it gets stuck.. but it is a learning curve with any of us who has had the band, i never have any reaction when i have had a fill and can hardly feel it when frederik does the fills x

Hi everyone,

Not been on for a while. Hope you are all doing well. Are you a granny yet freckles? Saw the room it's fab, you can never have too much pink!!! Hope you are doing ok Garry, hats off to you on your approach to the whole saga. Hope the weight is dropping off for you.

*******INFO FROM WENDY************

Had my second fill today, she put in 1.5mls so now I have 4.5mls in the 7mls band. I'm down 2 stone now so I'm ecstatic. I mentioned to her about the reservations people have about going to her for the fills and making the guarantee with Dr Chris void.. She said she has a guarantee from Chris that any patients that come to her for fills will still in fact be fully covered in the event of anything going wrong. If however you went to another fill provider and then her then you wouldn't be covered (unless it's fred of course). Also wendy mentioned that she is insured for 11 million so she's well covered. She said in the event of a problem (like garrys)she would send the patient back to Chris and he & she would come to an aggreement re costs. Hope that puts peoples mind at ease. wendy is just so lovely, even if I was to lose my guarantee i'd still go to her! She doesn't rush you at all, the lady before me today was in with her for 30mins, she really takes her time. Also, Wendy is a granny now!! Her daughter had a baby girl yesterday, she was 7lbs 1oz and her name is Isabel Daisy. She showed me photos..............she's gorgeous but it doesn't put the goo on me!!! I had a great laugh with her about Gillian and big sister. The first time I met her I told her I knew you girls from the site. She said the sisters are like her voice and they are lovely people so your names go before you girls!!!

Hi Carriejess - so pleased for you. That must have been a real bonus to have lost 5lbs without even trying when you are so near to your target. And even with your bad weekend a couple of weeks ago when you were scoffing all sorts of stuff like treacle sponge etc! It's heartening to know that you have had your periods of not losing as well, I am finding it really hard going at the moment. I stand at 10st 10lbs currently and need about another 1st 3lbs to reach my first target so I know it is going to be tough to get there, was hoping to be there by Christmas but don't realistically see that happening now. But still a lot better than last Christmas/New Year so mustn't complain too much I suppose. Not surprised you feel like a new person with a new life, you've worked hard for it so very well done and look forward to lots of good times. Keep dropping in to keep us up to date with your last bit of progress and how things are in the romance department (cos I'm nosey!), take care Bigsis xx

Hiya!

I stayed at some weights for ages...12.7...11.4 and 10.7 are the ones that i remember with absolutley no fondness. I think your body just plays tricks on you and then suddenly once you are on the verge of a complete mental breakdown it thinks that maybe it should stop playing around and give you some pounds back!

The romance front is currently rubbish, the amazingly good looking thai boxing intsructor turned out to be a cheat...life is so unfair! But i am ever hopefull and i have a new dress to wear on friday night! I think i might even post in the before and after pics section depending on what the pics look like!

Good to see you had a good holiday homecare im off to florida next june .Well done on looseing on holiday 2lb off is better than 2lb on so you have done well.

Like you when i used to go on holiday if i went for a weeks holiday i put on a stone and two weeks a stone and a half so not putting on any weight now going on holiday is a blessing.

Give it a few days and you will be back on track.

Bobo - just seen you pics...you look amazing!

Hi Debs

Congratulations on your date, i had the op in October. The nausea/wind etc are symptoms of you and your body getting used to the band. You will learn what you can eat amd how to eat it etc over time and unfortunatley there is no way to skip the learning curve for that part (and it will drive you mental for a while.) There will be just as many times when you get something stuck or you realise that you cannot eat something to days where you cannot believe how much rubbish you have managed to stuff in your face because you need a fill or your band is being a bit weird!

I dont suffer with wind, pb etc anymore, yes i occassionally think to myself 'jesus carrie you could have eaten that a bit slower because you are going to be able to feel it sitting in the top of your stomach for an hour'. But then i probably spent most nights having to lay on the sofa because i had eaten too much and felt sick before the band.

We can all moan a bit on here and people can develope real problems like Freckles and Garry but im sure that they would not go back to being without it! Unfortunately its easier to talk about the common probs we all have on here because i am pretty sure that my flatmate nods in all the right places but she has not got a clue about what i am really saying!

Hi All. Wow what a lot of new people Welcome Everyone. Well just come back from a disasterous holiday in cornwall. I arrived on the sunday and went shopping on monday morning, when we got back I has a slimfast for lunch (think I drank it too quickly) almost straight away I was suffering with wind, it got worse and worse and eventually the pain was so bad by 4 am we had to call an ambulance, I thought the band must have slipped the pain was soooo bad. After three nights in the dirtiest hospital I think there is in England they gave me a CT scan and said that I had a build up of blood around my port. Bye Bye now go home. I'd been on morphine for the three days and they sent me home with paracetmol. Well turned out for the best because the pan eased at home. I've now had a taste of how some doctors feel about us who resort to going abroad for surgery. At one point he came and said 'oh your still here, I thought if I ignored you youd go away' NICE MAN!!!!!!! Then my husband became ill. Cant miss out on anything!!!! Ah I'm being cruel.

Well glad to be back.

Freckles the nursery is beautiful (not sure if I've already told you that.

Well done to all of you losers...........I've now lost 3 stone 3lb since the start of thi journey.

Shell.......Hope your well, on my way to ring you now.

Take Care

Jackie

Hi everyone,

Not been on for a while. Hope you are all doing well. Are you a granny yet freckles? Saw the room it's fab, you can never have too much pink!!! Hope you are doing ok Garry, hats off to you on your approach to the whole saga. Hope the weight is dropping off for you.

*******INFO FROM WENDY************

Had my second fill today, she put in 1.5mls so now I have 4.5mls in the 7mls band. I'm down 2 stone now so I'm ecstatic. I mentioned to her about the reservations people have about going to her for the fills and making the guarantee with Dr Chris void.. She said she has a guarantee from Chris that any patients that come to her for fills will still in fact be fully covered in the event of anything going wrong. If however you went to another fill provider and then her then you wouldn't be covered (unless it's fred of course). Also wendy mentioned that she is insured for 11 million so she's well covered. She said in the event of a problem (like garrys)she would send the patient back to Chris and he & she would come to an aggreement re costs. Hope that puts peoples mind at ease. wendy is just so lovely, even if I was to lose my guarantee i'd still go to her! She doesn't rush you at all, the lady before me today was in with her for 30mins, she really takes her time. Also, Wendy is a granny now!! Her daughter had a baby girl yesterday, she was 7lbs 1oz and her name is Isabel Daisy. She showed me photos..............she's gorgeous but it doesn't put the goo on me!!! I had a great laugh with her about Gillian and big sister. The first time I met her I told her I knew you girls from the site. She said the sisters are like her voice and they are lovely people so your names go before you girls!!!

Hi Shelly. Thanks for posting that info, I was going to pass on people's same concerns that you have when I go to see her next week and ask for her response to post but you have beaten me to it! Thanks for giving us a mention to Wonder Wendy, she appreciates our recommendations and good for her to know that we do it. We too are so glad that we have gone to her from the beginning and wouldn't consider any other fill provider, even if we had to travel miles. Well done on your loss by the way, that's great since June, keep doing what you're doing! Bigsis x

ps The baby being born yesterday will be the reason we had our clinic appts cancelled then! Poor excuse!

Thanks Homecare & Frecks for your kind words. It's now day 5 and still no sign of my case......I think its gone for good ! Easy Jet say they have changed their policy, so that any inbound luggage is no longer covered by their insurance. It's a good job I have holiday insurance to cover it :blink:

Carriejess, sorry to hear that your lovelife has taken a turn for the worse, but I guess you would rather know now he's a cheat than in 6 months time ???? Your're looking great by the way :)

Thanks for the reassuring news ShellyG. I've booked to go with Wendy and I have been a little anxious since Garys problems. My first fill is in Cardiff on 2nd Nov....anyone else going then ???

S x

Hiya!

I stayed at some weights for ages...12.7...11.4 and 10.7 are the ones that i remember with absolutley no fondness. I think your body just plays tricks on you and then suddenly once you are on the verge of a complete mental breakdown it thinks that maybe it should stop playing around and give you some pounds back!

The romance front is currently rubbish, the amazingly good looking thai boxing intsructor turned out to be a cheat...life is so unfair! But i am ever hopefull and i have a new dress to wear on friday night! I think i might even post in the before and after pics section depending on what the pics look like!

Hiya CJ - thanks for your supportive post, I am losing at the moment but sooooo very slow. I expect I will have some 'stuck' weights to not remember with fondness myself! Just hope there's not too many of em!

Just be grateful that the Kung Fu Kid wasn't around for very long before you realised he didn't deserve you - he didn't know when he was onto a good thing - no taste obviously! So get your new dress on Friday night - you don't need to be hopeful looking as great as you do! I'm so envious, wish I could have had chance for a band while I was still a lot younger but not complaining.....well yeah, suppose I am, aren't I!

Have a great night on Friday, and get those photos posted so we can Celebrate you getting to your target and pay you even more compliments! Bigsis xx

Bobo - just seen you pics...you look amazing!

Thanks very much carrie your looking great your self and well done on shifting those few pounds.You should put up your before and after as i did not relize how big i was until i seen them together and it realy made me feel good seeing the diffrence.

Well done jackiem on loosing over 3 stone that is brill.:blink:

JackieM, I just read your weight loss........THAT'S FANTASTIC IN JUST 4 WEEKS !!!!!!!!! :blink::thumbup:

You will have to tell me your secret, Lol.... Great news, you must be very happy !!!!

Dont forget, we need to get a date in the diary to catch up at end of Sept or early Oct with Pixie ??

S. x

Who was it that was going to use a vibro machine? im sorry i cant remember and there is to many past posts to read back on to find out, did you hire it and do you think they are any good?

Hi All. Wow what a lot of new people Welcome Everyone. Well just come back from a disasterous holiday in cornwall. I arrived on the sunday and went shopping on monday morning, when we got back I has a slimfast for lunch (think I drank it too quickly) almost straight away I was suffering with wind, it got worse and worse and eventually the pain was so bad by 4 am we had to call an ambulance, I thought the band must have slipped the pain was soooo bad. After three nights in the dirtiest hospital I think there is in England they gave me a CT scan and said that I had a build up of blood around my port. Bye Bye now go home. I'd been on morphine for the three days and they sent me home with paracetmol. Well turned out for the best because the pan eased at home. I've now had a taste of how some doctors feel about us who resort to going abroad for surgery. At one point he came and said 'oh your still here, I thought if I ignored you youd go away' NICE MAN!!!!!!!

Poor you Jackie, makes my awful week away seem quite reasonable! I'm so sorry and saddened to hear how you were treated. Want to name and shame the hospital?

When I go away straight after surgery, I'm definitely taking Wendy's emergency number with me!

Huge well done though on the splendid weight loss so soon - not even a month yet and you've lost 3+ stone.

Hope you can put that incident behind you and get on with the magnificent weight loss with no further nasty turns or nasty people.

All the best

SP

carrie........

is at goal xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx