Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I was actually told by so called friends that if I lost weight i wouldn't be as funny. in my head this translates to they'll have no one to laugh at behind my back anymore!!!! and this from so called mates! I feel like you- it ends now :biggrin:

That is ridiculous! It also shows there weakness and insecurities about you changing, i know it sounds weird but they need the reassurance that when you are thin you will be the same person. That still does not excuse what they said in the first place!

Congrats Carriejess, That's fab!!! You must be so happy and you look beautiful in your profile pic. How long ago were you banded?

Sorry, could have answered this in my previous post!

I was banded in October, i have lost in fits and starts and had quite a few plateaus where nothing happened...but it comes off eventually. I thought that i would stay at 10.7 forever and then i randomly lost 5 pounds without even trying. The band works in mysterious ways!!

Thank you to everyone for all your messages xx

Fatduck, I think your 'mates' sound threatened by your pending weightloss.

People can be very jealous, it happens all the time.

I have a friend who will never say she can see I have lost weight, she just says she can see its just come off my face. duh.....

Thank you to everyone for all your messages xx

Hi Carriejess - so pleased for you. That must have been a real bonus to have lost 5lbs without even trying when you are so near to your target. And even with your bad weekend a couple of weeks ago when you were scoffing all sorts of stuff like treacle sponge etc! It's heartening to know that you have had your periods of not losing as well, I am finding it really hard going at the moment. I stand at 10st 10lbs currently and need about another 1st 3lbs to reach my first target so I know it is going to be tough to get there, was hoping to be there by Christmas but don't realistically see that happening now. But still a lot better than last Christmas/New Year so mustn't complain too much I suppose. Not surprised you feel like a new person with a new life, you've worked hard for it so very well done and look forward to lots of good times. Keep dropping in to keep us up to date with your last bit of progress and how things are in the romance department (cos I'm nosey!), take care Bigsis xx

Just to let you know I've had my date confirmed for 6th October. I can't wait!

Most fill providers insist that you wait 6 weeks. That's pretty frustrating but it has a purpose. They like you to be totally healed before they fill you,

cheers,

Vix

Thanks Fatduck it all helps build up a picture and help plan my diary around my work!!

Just to let you know I've had my date confirmed for 6th October. I can't wait!

Keep us posted, I had to delay mine due to work but only 10 days behind you... Let me know what you think!!

Hi Dizzy Debs

Freds email address is:

frederik.serneels@ecfs.be

The package I have booked is:

Standard Package: 4070 euro

includes: - GASTRICBAND

- 4 taxi trips between airport, hotel and hospital.

- 3 nights in the hotel (***) near the hospital for 2 people.

This means that you stay 1 night before and 1 night after

the operation in the hotel.

- Your companion can stay 3 nights in the hotel (because most people

bring someone with them).

- Your personal coach visit you the first evening in the hotel to explain

the schedule, answer your questions and you receive his personal

visitcard in order to reach him if you have problems or questions.

- Consultation with Dr. in hospital during the morning

before OR.

- Your personal coach accompanying you to the OR and assisting Dr.

De Bruyne during the operation.

- 1 night in hospital after the operation+ X-ray day after operation.

- Visit from your personal coach to give advice and diets to make a successful story and to give date’s and addresses for fill and unfill’s in your home country.

Payment: 470 euro in advance

Hope this helps?? Maybe we can meet up over there!! :biggrin:

Cor i wish that Fred had come back to me with that offer. Ive ended up organising everything myself, flights, transfers, hotel etc. Ive gotta admit i feel a little let down with the lack of info forthcoming from the clinic re pre-op arrangements, but soooo thankful for the tips from you guys. 7 days to go for me!!! Wahey!:blushing:

Well the pre-op diets going well (10lbs lost so far as of last wednesday), the milk thistle's being taken and im on countdown

hi everyone, i just wanted to know if anyone keeps being sick i kep being sick at nite, but not from food, from my tabs, realy starting to hurt my belly right at top, worried that im doing somthing to the band, im also suffering realy bad relux burning my thoat, wich i didnt think u could get with the band, i never suffered with anything anything like that before the band, so im feeling very down at the moment and sort wishing i never had the band, as my weight hasnt shifted in over a week, ive only been banded 3 weeks so im hoping things will get better ive booked a doc app to see get some sick tabs. cathy xxx

hi everyone, i just wanted to know if anyone keeps being sick i kep being sick at nite, but not from food, from my tabs, realy starting to hurt my belly right at top, worried that im doing somthing to the band, im also suffering realy bad relux burning my thoat, wich i didnt think u could get with the band, i never suffered with anything anything like that before the band, so im feeling very down at the moment and sort wishing i never had the band, as my weight hasnt shifted in over a week, ive only been banded 3 weeks so im hoping things will get better ive booked a doc app to see get some sick tabs. cathy xxx

Ivesy2

Dont get disheartened you get spells like this, my weight does not have seemd to move for 4 months but i know i have lost inched and i have not been without my problems, what i will say is i am still 5.5 stone lighter than i was this time last year and i am sure you are lighter than when you started, dont get down, it never went on in 3 weeks, it will move, if someone told me in feb before i was banded that i would still be faffing aroung waiting on restriction then i would have not believed it but hey ho that how it is. I know it will move and i will look back at this point, be postive you done the right thing and trust me it will work.

g

Ivesy2...I also get the same thing. I had it last night, I had to go to sleep sat up with pillows propping me up.

I couldnt get rid of it, via PB, I just had to suffer. It finally went down about 5am this morning, mine too was tablets that I have to take at night.

Its dreadful, but I keep thinking it will pass, and it will.

On saturday I ate a wrap with chicken tikka and salad inside for lunch, then at teatime ate another!!!

It stayed down great, no reflux or anything.

Strange band. They do have a mind of their own.

Well the pre-op diets going well (10lbs lost so far as of last wednesday), the milk thistle's being taken and im on countdown

Well done Bev, you're well ahead of me on the pre-op weight loss! Last week's "holiday" really messed that up, so I'm starting over again now I'm back at the office in eager anticipation of this time next week eeeeeeeeeeek!

Tell me people of Wales, does it rain all the time? Or just during the holiday season??? Picture the scene - tired farmhouse in wet Wales, stuffed full with all the in-laws. Only solice to be found at bottom of bottle! Typical day: drive in-laws to look at St Davids, hour in the back of the car, all conversation held at full volume (batteries a little low!) arrive, park, they look out window, say, "It's raining, we'll wait in the car" Hubby decides to keep them company leaving me on a flying guilt trip to the Cathedral, then back into the back seat to return to over stuffed accomodation and another meal! :biggrin:

My return to nearly 200 emails was almost a pleasure! :)

Carrie, congratulations on weight loss.

Freckles, congratulations on beautiful new arrival

Everyone new - welcome, what an exciting journey we've embarked upon!