Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thank you for the welcome. I would like to ask a question, please. Feel free to redirect me as I know you all must get tired of answering these for all the new people.

However, since I will be traveling from the US, I am a little concerned about my clear liquid diet post surgery. I was thinking of gathering some incidentals to keep in my bag and came up with packets for chicken or beef broth.

Since I'm not familiar with the juices/drinks in Belgium or the UK (Which is where I will the week following), what type of drinks would you recommend?

Thank you SO much.

hi chapamar..i would recommend the ready made Protein Shakes, drinking yoghurts, also cup-a-soups (or any sachets of powdered Soups, without croutons that you pour boiling Water onto in a mug) also fruit juices such as apple orange,cranberry..if someone is going with you to belgium..then these items can be purchased from a supermarket (Lidl) a 10 min walk in vilvoorde from the hospital and hotel. they are a very reasonable price, and you could stock up from there the day before your op. by the time you get to england..youll be able to get soups at any restaraunt. good luck for your forthcoming op. gillian x

Many thanks Gillian. That is exactly the type information I was looking for. May I ask one more question of you all? (Yes, I'm annoying even myself at this point.)

In regards to laxatives and vitamins; are they easily swallowed after the procedure. I know each is vital but I'm wondering how successfully they will go down after the procedure.

Please forgive my ignorance.

Hi Gary, glad your back with us and that you are healing well. It has been quieter without you and flirty on here.

Hi freckles, if your having the colonoscopy, its not too bad only a bit embarrasing, they give you some serious clearing out medication the day before :unsure:, and then put a small camera up your bum :thumbdown: but its on a flexible tube and does'nt hurt. Please go ahead and have the test done if only to give everyone piece of mind. When are you due to have it done ?

Many thanks Gillian. That is exactly the type information I was looking for. May I ask one more question of you all? (Yes, I'm annoying even myself at this point.)

In regards to laxatives and vitamins; are they easily swallowed after the procedure. I know each is vital but I'm wondering how successfully they will go down after the procedure.

Please forgive my ignorance.

It will be useful to use a liquid laxative if required, but the barium they give you at the hospital when they xray the band post op acts as one so I would'nt personally use one for quite a few days after the op, and only then if necessary, as regared to Vitamins, in the uk we have a soft and chewy bassetts blackcurrent flavour Multivitamin which can be bought at most chemist and supermarkets and these are like children sweets. However if you can get something similar within the US and travel with them it may be more convient, because you might not feel to good for a few days and not be able to go out shopping. Hope this helps

Yes. Absolutely you helped. I am so thankful that each of you is willing to share your knowledge and experiences. You have helped me more than you know. And thank you for your patience as I sort through this.

its-a-girl-1.jpg

Gabrielle was born at 1:30pm today weighing in at 8lb 4oz, mother and baby are doing fine, here are a couple of pics for you.

Gabrielle.jpg

20090826_7.jpg

proud dad

meandbabby.jpg

Nanny Freckles

its-a-girl-1.jpg

Gabrielle was born at 1:30pm today weighing in at 8lb 4oz, mother and baby are doing fine, here are a couple of pics for you.

Gabrielle.jpg

20090826_7.jpg

proud dad

meandbabby.jpg

Nanny Freckles

A gorgeous little girl, you must be a very proud Nanny Freckles. Glad all is fine and I might just add you are looking very good in spite of your problems recently. Love to all the family, Bigsis xx

Maggs, many thanx for that hunny, actually, he says I have a few internal (hmmm...piles) which he will be banding (cos they're so greedy??? lol) as well.

I fully intend to have the Colonoscopy, I think I've actually had one once before or maybe that was a gastroscopy....yes, it was.. stomach camera, yuk, all these horrible jobs.

I am booked into the Bupa on 4th Sept, but my healthcare wont pay more than 1500quid and that procedure is 1750, I've already used some of that with the other things the doc did for me. so I have to do the choose and book thing (NHS) to get the same sugeon if my GP agrees. Or i can go into my healthcare's own private hospital,so I will go see my GP on friday and see what he says. He can be really awkward when he wants to be, I dnt think he likes that I have private healthcare, and to be fair, its not a posh one at all. just what I joined when I was a civil servant, and still pay it every month.

So will know soon whats happening and when.

Maggs, many thanx for that hunny, actually, he says I have a few internal (hmmm...piles) which he will be banding (cos they're so greedy??? lol) as well.

I fully intend to have the Colonoscopy, I think I've actually had one once before or maybe that was a gastroscopy....yes, it was.. stomach camera, yuk, all these horrible jobs.

I am booked into the Bupa on 4th Sept, but my healthcare wont pay more than 1500quid and that procedure is 1750, I've already used some of that with the other things the doc did for me. so I have to do the choose and book thing (NHS) to get the same sugeon if my GP agrees. Or i can go into my healthcare's own private hospital,so I will go see my GP on friday and see what he says. He can be really awkward when he wants to be, I dnt think he likes that I have private healthcare, and to be fair, its not a posh one at all. just what I joined when I was a civil servant, and still pay it every month.

So will know soon whats happening and when.

Hey Freckles, I work in the civil service too - bloody hate it, it's sooo stressful but can't give it up cos need the good pension and flexi hours it provides. Only another 12 and a half years to go, not that I'm counting! How long were you a 'servant' for? Bigsis xx

Mmm - how did you go with the tablets Wendy recommended for the gastric/reflux problem? She said same to me (twin time again!) and told me to go to GP for 'Omeprazole', same as you I think? Have just managed to get down to doc's today and get them and wondered if they had done the business for you? Hope so, take care, Bigsis xx

its-a-girl-1.jpg

Gabrielle.jpg

20090826_7.jpg

proud dad

meandbabby.jpg

Nanny Freckles

congratulations honey

gx

Hi Gary, glad your back with us and that you are healing well. It has been quieter without you and flirty on here.

Hi freckles, if your having the colonoscopy, its not too bad only a bit embarrasing, they give you some serious clearing out medication the day before :unsure:, and then put a small camera up your bum :thumbdown: but its on a flexible tube and does'nt hurt. Please go ahead and have the test done if only to give everyone piece of mind. When are you due to have it done ?

thanks mags, i will give flirty a wee knudge and get her chatting.

gx

Freckles,

Gabrielle looks beautiful !!

And ur lookin good urself (not a hair out of place) for all u have been through last couple of days. I'm sure ur fed up with all the hoaking and poking. Hope they get things sorted for u. Ur a real whizz with graphics, and so organized it takes me forever to download pics.

Chapamar if u suffer from Constipation, I would recommend u consult ur Dr before leaving for Belgium. I have IBS and have taken senna granules for 7+ yrs I stopped them day before op and didn't take any for about 5 days I had to go to Gp on return home as due to not eating and slightly reduced liquid intake things weren't moving. He give me lactulose which isn't much good after not going for 5 days, then senna tabs which still didn't work I had to go back on granules.(Lactulose would be much more effective if taken day or so after op).

As far as Vitamins go I originally got bassetts jelly one's, but went back on to RDA tabs after about a week as they have higher spec'.

Congratulations Freckles, what a wonderful gift your family have been blessed with. Good luck to you all XXX

Hi guys.

I'm 2 weeks post op and my port is giving me a lot of pain.

I'm back taking the pain killers the hospital gave me.

Stitches are out and all has healed well. Its anytime i sit up, or sit down, turn in the bed and sometimes even when I'm just walking.

Is this normal?:blushing:

Siobhain