Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Beeboo,

Thanks for the advice I'll ask my dr about them when i come back I think...

It's the second week of my pre-op diet. I havent weighed myself as I tend to become addicted to weighing myself once I see some progress. I am going to wait till after my surgery now!!

Well I fly out a week today and I cant wait!!!!

I've read SP's list and that has helped loads. So thankyou SP!!!!!!

I'm itching to start packing my case, but I'm going camping with my family on Thurs and come home Sat so I'll have all Sun to do it. Then I fly out on Mon. EXACTLY 6 DAYS NOW!!!!!

I cant wait, everyone keeps saying you look very excited to be goin to Belguim for a couple of days. If only they knew!:biggrin:

Bye for now

SJS

Being Banded 1st Sep

Thanks beeboo,

Anychance of blending down burger and chips ha ha ha

Only kidding.

Will have roast chicken and gravy for dinner so, with mash potatoes and veg.

Hard to get used to the smaller plate too isn't it?

Mush Ideas

I started mushies yesterday and still resorting to the old reliables. Yogurt for Breakfast (as not hungry in morn), Soup for lunch.

Had mash potatoes with carrots and broccoli in gravy for dinner which tasted so delicious, but anyone else got anymore ideas?

Also how long does this mushy stage last for?

Hi Toppings, hope you are doing well. If you look a few pages back, there is a list of foods off SingingParrot with lots of suggestions. I have had salmon and Mackerel but chewed it loads and have nad no problems, plus Odge suggested the inside of quiche which is good. Today i am making a quorn cottage pie which can be very mushy with lots of gravy. Hope that helps x

sorry I didnt reply to your post maysh1...I'm getting more dopey with each day that passes.

Well I'll be jumping in the shower soon to go see this doc.

Maggs wtf is 'magic eye'???? I mean I have a good idea, but....

I can eat anything, just not much of it lol.

I really think this is how the band is sposed to work, and that was endorsed by my surgeon.

Freddy boy told me you should not be able to eat red meat or fresh bread, but Michael says thats not right, he says you should be able to eat anything just small portions, and it does feel like that .

What does everyone else think.?

I have trouble eating mushies, like mashed potatoes, even Smash seems to clog up and wont go down.

I can eat anything, just not much of it lol.

I really think this is how the band is sposed to work, and that was endorsed by my surgeon.

Freddy boy told me you should not be able to eat red meat or fresh bread, but Michael says thats not right, he says you should be able to eat anything just small portions, and it does feel like that .

What does everyone else think.?

I have trouble eating mushies, like mashed potatoes, even Smash seems to clog up and wont go down.

hi freckles..hope your ok apart from your bowel prob?..im sure youll get it sorted soon..good luck!..also hope your mum and the rest of your family are all doing well? not long for baby princess now!. i cant eat any potato easily at all, and mashed seems to be the worst, as like you say..it clogs. have just started having little bit of bread now but have to eat it slowly..garlic bread goes down well if im having it with chilli or something moist. i think my sweet spot is just disappearing after 3 months, which i know is normal if you have decent weight loss as the fat around your stomach but under your band lessens too..and it appears to loosen. i dont know whether to have a drop in tho, as im having some took out in another 5 weeks the day before i fly on holiday..i might leave it..ill see what wendy says.

hope everyone else is doing well?

gillian x

hi i lost a stone now in 13 days half stone pre op but i surpose start soft food this week, but still having lot pain in my belly, and lot bloateness, i hopping it settled down being feeling bit fed up last couple days cos of the pain, has anyone else have problem of healing slower, cathy xxx

hi sjs no u dont need nothing they give u Water and little sponge thing to wipe your mouth after surgery, cos your mouth drys out a lot, u cant drink nothing first day, only nest day they give u water, and Soup and dutch crispbread in afternoon, before u go home so no u dont need to take anything except your washing things lol i washed my teeth a lot help with the dry mouth, and i didnt bother changing my nitie just left thiers on, to much hassle changing, all best cathy xxx

hey toppings

it's very hard getting your head round eating off a wee plate but you do get used to it.the only thing that bothers me is when I go out for somthing to eat they always ask you if there's somthing wrong with the food because you'v left quite a bit of it, so now I usually just have Soup and a sweet if I go out eating.I'm going on holiday with the wee man that I work with in 4 weeks time to ibiza but i'm not getting anything took out my band cause I'm still trying to lose weight for my own holiday in november.it took me so long to get to my sweet spot so i'm not going to mess it up now.I can eat enough to do me even if Iv to live on soup for a week.i'll get some took out when i go to new orleans as i'll want to eat and drink a bit more, it's a long flight so the band would tighten anyway.well you seem to be copeing very well with your band, it's a great feeling when that weight starts to come off and all the clothes you'v got is to big. look after yourself and be well.

beeboo x

hi freckles

the wee baby has some pad, it's beautiful. I hope you get on ok when you go to see the dr, a lot could be to do with stress worrying and looking after your mum then waiting for the wee baby to be born,it can't be easy.

beeboo x

hey sjs

well good luck to you on 1st sep,you'll not look back after getting your band fitted,your only young so you'll have a great life in front of you(a skinny one)so the best of luck to you and take care.

beeboo x

Hello Everyone

I too can eat anything just in very small portions, stodgy food like bread, Pasta and rice i can eat less of say one thin slice of toast but leaving the crust. Sausages i always find really hard to eat but technically it will go down. I don't really get stuff stuck anymore because i know how much of each type of food i can eat and how to eat it without causing a problem.

I am dating again now and dinner dates are always interesting, i always try and talk alot to counterbalance the fact that i am eating really slowly and never finish anything!

Freckles, the nursery is awesome, i could quite happily live in that room myself if it had a slightly bigger bed!

Hi freckles, What happened at the docs today, is all ok love mmmxxx

Thanx all you lovely girlies asking about my stupid problems, and also a thank you about baby's nursery.

Firstly the consultant examined me (UGH!!!) he says I have an Impaction (as I thought, cos you just know).

he says the only way to get rid of this is to do it manually umm-1.gif

They do by putting you 'out' and taking you to the theatre, but he assures me it only takes about 5/10 minutes

Meanwhile he gave me a prescription for enimas and senokots.

I have to take 6 sennas over a 6 hour period, and use the enima. Then tomorrow use the enima again.toilet-1.gif

I cant eat or drink after 12noon tomorrow and have to go back to the Spire at 5pm when he has his clinic.

If its worked Hallelulia!! if it hasnt then he will do the removal in theatreWhat_the.gif

he said if I had waited any longer my colon could have ruptured and that I would have been in Intensive care.

So be warned dudes, dont let this happen to you. He wants to examin my colon to ensure its not damaged 2rm429c.jpg