Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi guys.

I'm 2 weeks post op and my port is giving me a lot of pain.

I'm back taking the pain killers the hospital gave me.

Stitches are out and all has healed well. Its anytime i sit up, or sit down, turn in the bed and sometimes even when I'm just walking.

Is this normal?:blushing:

Siobhain

Siobhain

This is completely normal luv the muscle takes way longer to heal and the pain you are getting is the muscle tightening and healing some have experienced this for 6-8 weeks.

Dont panic and keep moving, think you need to laugh some more.

gx

:thumbup:congratulations to you and the freckles family!!..beautiful baby girl..Gabrielle, thats lovely! (and yes you do look great freckles!)

chapamar..you will be able to swallow the laxative tablets and Vitamin tablets after op dont worry. you can get a vitamin Syrup like 'seven seas' or similar if you prefer though..and i used a liquid laxative called lactolose..although you wont need it for a few days as the barium they give you does act as a laxative yes!.

toppings..i had port pain for about 10 weeks after op and it hurt everytime i bent down etc..like stitch. wear some belly warmer tight support knickers..it helps! also hot Water bottle..it will go though as you lose the weight dont worry..its just stitched a little tight like mine prob..it will loosen

hope everyone else is great?! :blushing: gillian x

Thank you girlies, glad you liked the piccys.

big sis, I started in the Dept of Employment (as it was then) in 1984, I worked in Personnel, calculating annual leave/sick leave etc.

Then in 1990 I transferred to Finance and worked in redundancy payments, which was so boring after Salaries and leave work.

I took the severence, early retirement in 1998, so 14 years in all. I wish I'd never left now as I miss it still. My best mate who started the same time as me is now acting up to Seo, and I think maybe i could have gone that bit further too.

Still I got my pension early (due to severe arthritis,) which they will pay if you are ill enough.bless.

What dept do you work in hunny?

Thank you girlies, glad you liked the piccys.

big sis, I started in the Dept of Employment (as it was then) in 1984, I worked in Personnel, calculating annual leave/sick leave etc.

Then in 1990 I transferred to Finance and worked in redundancy payments, which was so boring after Salaries and leave work.

I took the severence, early retirement in 1998, so 14 years in all. I wish I'd never left now as I miss it still. My best mate who started the same time as me is now acting up to Seo, and I think maybe i could have gone that bit further too.

Still I got my pension early (due to severe arthritis,) which they will pay if you are ill enough.bless.

What dept do you work in hunny?

Good for you retiring early Freckles, wish I could, wouldn't miss it at all. I work for UK Border Agency (in Immigration) so yes, it's me who is single handedly responsible for all the UK problems whenever I tell anyone what I do!

By the way, do your new grandaughter a favour and tell her Mum to make sure there are no baby sisters for her. She wouldn't like it - they nick all your stuff, embarrass you in front of boyfriends when you're a self concious teenager and make you go for gastric band surgery cos they don't want to do it by themselves!!

Bigsis xx

ps Keep yer hair on Gillian - I'm kiddin (well, maybe about a bit of it!)

Hi freckles, I'm so pleased for you and your family, its such a joy and a relief when all goes well, and you now have a loving bundle to poke and squeeze, lucky you.

Big sister, yes the tabs Wendy suggested are now starting to work, but it took 9 days not the 3 she said, but the last two nights I've had a restfull good nights sleep. I've also been taking an antibiotic for the last 5 days for a chest infection, the acid reflux at night had got onto my chest and caused an infection, so if I had'nt had the infection they might have worked sooner, deff worth trying tho.

Weight loss has been quite good after the last fill but restriction now begining to wear off a little, so I will now have to start to watch what I eat and stick to mainly Protein.< /p>

I'm going back to France on Monday afternoon, so will try to be extra good there and not give in to bread and cakes.

Gary great to see your cheery face back I've missed your banter and sound advise.

Congratulations Freckles on the new addition to your family, you look so happy in the pic and fab!x

Good evening all!!!

Well I has been gone for 2 weeks (work related travel etc blah) and I has finalllllllly caught up on post reads!!! Phewwweee... I is cream crackered!

Freckles - what a beauuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful wee Grandadughter you have - she truly is a sweetie.

Also - I got told (when I admitted I was) taking Fibrogel - Wendy @ WLS GASPED loudly and said "NOOOOO NOt fiborgel VERY BAD"! I was like - ohhh, ok, sorry... So I've been on prune juice ever since... as I explained last time :frown:(Evacuation procedures etc)

Garry - pleased all went well and recovery is going even better...

I just thought I'd let you all know - for 2 years I have been under an osteopath for shoulder pain (as I fractured them both in my teens with sport) So after having been on the forum - I have just discovered - I HAVE TRAPPED WIND - are you KIDDING me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 friggin years!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one thought to ask me about wind??? never even crossed me mind! So y'all are geniuses in my book!

I am suffering tonight though :sad:It's agony! but at least I know what it is and can smile :thumbup: (in pain)

Glad to see you're all doing so well! Good luck to anyone being banded soon :crying:

n xoxoxoxo

I do enjoy reading all the stories and learning from your valuable experiences.

Bear with me while I am giddy with excitement. It's a little over three weeks till my surgery and I am ready to jump out of my skin with anticipation.

Tonight I went and bought loose pants and blousy shirts to wear after the procedure. I got some extra compression hose (in black, I need to match), chewable vitamins, benefiber packets, and gas-x (which will hopefully give an additional nudge to any anticipated trapped gas).

Probably going overboard, but I am ready and may even pack right now!

Silly me, I know, but it finally feels real.

Bear with me while I am giddy with excitement. It's a little over three weeks till my surgery and I am ready to jump out of my skin with anticipation.

Tonight I went and bought loose pants and blousy shirts to wear after the procedure. I got some extra compression hose (in black, I need to match), chewable vitamins, benefiber packets, and gas-x (which will hopefully give an additional nudge to any anticipated trapped gas).

Silly me, I know, but it finally feels real.[/QUOT

Hi :crying: I got banded a few weeks ago n never looked back.. Have lost 15 lbs and it's just startin to show... I feel fab :frown:

Somethin that wasn't a problem for me, but was for my compadres in another hotel... Mossies:-/... Take some bug spray as some folk said they were a bit of a prob... S'pose it depends on the weather. ... Some lip balm can help coz u'll be really dry post op... I also took some face wipes to freshen up...

I wish u and all up and comin bandsters the best... I have not regretted this decision one bit :w00t:

JackieM .. Hope ur okay hunnii :thumbup: let me kno how u get on xxx

Heya ppl ,

hope all wieght loss is going well. I want to book my first fill. Just dont know with who is the best to do the fill?

I think i prefer someone with a scanner than blindely looking for the port is that wise?

Good for you retiring early Freckles, wish I could, wouldn't miss it at all. I work for UK Border Agency (in Immigration) so yes, it's me who is single handedly responsible for all the UK problems whenever I tell anyone what I do!

By the way, do your new grandaughter a favour and tell her Mum to make sure there are no baby sisters for her. She wouldn't like it - they nick all your stuff, embarrass you in front of boyfriends when you're a self concious teenager and make you go for gastric band surgery cos they don't want to do it by themselves!!

Bigsis xx

ps Keep yer hair on Gillian - I'm kiddin (well, maybe about a bit of it!)

WHAATT! knick your stuff!!?? you are bringing me the bags of clothes (now too big for you) round every weekend!..(gratefully recieved!) i now have no one to pass my big stuff onto tho! And embarrass you?!!? i didnt need to show you up in the 70s you did that yourself with the mini dress up to your knickers and 10" orange platforms...oh and a ziggy stardust boyfriend in blue and yellow loons?!. and i was just so sensible!! oh yeah...and i did drag you screaming to belgium with me and made you go thro op too...init!!

Edited by gillian

Silly me, I know, but it finally feels real.

it is exciting though chapamar!..we have all felt that way!..nervous too but excited yes!..your date will be here before you know it. you are travelling a long way too..so must be even more surreal for you. is there any reason you are having the surgery done in belgium rather than the states?..Chris de Bruyne is a highly experienced bariatric surgeon..and apparantly the second busiest in the world..just wondered how you heard about him as i know the states has a lot of experienced surgeons also. sorry i sound like im being nosey now!?! you dont have to answer. good luck anyway, and im sure youll get great aftercare once back home x

Heya ppl ,

hope all wieght loss is going well. I want to book my first fill. Just dont know with who is the best to do the fill?

I think i prefer someone with a scanner than blindely looking for the port is that wise?

hi. wendy at WLS is highly experienced if your looking for an professional aftercare provider..i would trust her completely, she comes once a month to different venues around UK. and harley street every weekend. Chris de Bruyne is now recommending her for aftercare, and WLS are now providing a total package with chris (op, hotel,transport,UK fills and aftercare) hope this helps x