Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

hi all who's waiting for their 1st fill.I say this through experience because it happeded to me,not many people get any restriction with their 1st fill.please be careful not to put on what you have already lost.I'm just starting to loose now and I was banded in nov08.I put on the 2st that I had lost at the start,I kept eating and saying well when I get a fill it will stop me eating.1st fill in jan 3ml no restriction, 2nd in feb2ml same,3rd mar1ml was sick a bit .didn't get any in apr,1ml taken out in may coz I was going on holiday and didn't always want to be sick and be able to eat things (holiday food).I got the 1ml put back in june but this time I wasn't always being sick.july I got 0.25 put in and that was me there starting to loose weight.I really hope you all have a easier time than I did to get to your sweet spot' so please just watch what your eating I wish I did I'd be sts lighter by now.best of luck to you all.

beeboo x

hey homecare

your only 5 weeks banded so it's still early days everyone has a different rate of healing,a girl I met in belgium was eating beef curry one week after getting banded I couldn't believe it coz I could only take a few spoonfuls of clear Soup by then.Why not e mail dr Chris with your concerns and see what he says or speak to Wendy from wls group she's very good and will try to help you, she really helps me wiyh anything I ask her.try taking a 10 calorie soup from morrisons before you try to eat some solid food, sometimes it helps me because I'm sick quite a bit.it's all try and error at this stage.

Hey all thanks a million for all ur well wishes and everything means alot...

Well i have set a target want another stone and 10lbs off and i know i can do it cos im still losing havnt stopped yet but i am defo going to do my swimming and Water aerobics and i mean it this time cos i owe it to myself to put in a bit extra work and keep my skin toned after goin through so much it would be pure laziness not to look after it now...

Hi All

Shoes - I haven't had any fills (I hope it doesn't get any worse when I do) today hasn't been too bad others days it is neverending.

Lischa aren't u lucky John is so thoughtful, my hubby can only boil an egg and I don't really like eggs (can't cook won't cook) I'm glad my burps r coming up !! Hope ur bottom burps ease off.

Homecare - I got banded the week after you and have been taking small portions of solids for last couple of weeks fine but on Fri I had chicken curry/ boiled rice - tonight garlic braised steak and rice and both nights I have had a problem after a few mouthfuls food seems to be back logged into my oesphagus and I CAN'T swallow it. It's a horrible feeling and I have to run to bathroom. I have always been a very slow eater, but need to concentrate more on chewing. Find if I chew alot most things are fine, therefore I have lost very little weight. As others suggested it would be good to get advice from CDB or Wendy just for ur own peace of mind.

hiya mooster

my head hungers were so bad,Wendy told me to eat things like chopped up salad, chicken, nuts,grated apples and other kinds of fruit, ryvitas,seeds, things that were going to sit in my pouch for longer so i did'nt feel hungry.I tried this and it did help me.now I'v got good restriction I just don't feel hungry at all I'v got to remind myself to eat. beeboo x

Hi Beeboo, thank's for the tips, I'll certainly give them a try(even though my head still desperately long's for chocolate!!) Does anyone know a good way to wean me off the chocolate, as it's sabotaging my weight loss??:lol::crying::smile2:

Hi Mooster. Who do you go to for your fills? I waited a long time for any sort of restriction and consequently my loss has been slow but had total loss of 2st 5lbs at last weigh in with Wendy 3 weeks ago. Not a huge amount over 6 months but that's ok by me as long as it's coming off. Probably got around 2 stones or possibly less to lose now to get to an ideal weight so hoping to be there sometime early in the new year. Wendy at WLS has been really good and determined to get me going with the weight loss, she is focused on making it work for people and is probably one of the most experienced and busy post band fill practitioners around and has lots of good advice. Good to see you popping in every now and again! Bigsis x

Hi Bigsis, I've been having my fill's with Frederik in Manchester, but I haven't been since about March, when I got to 7mls. My restriction is quite good, but I find the restriction works more if you tend to be a "quantity eater", rather than a "grazer" like me! As people have said on here before, the restriction does nothing to stop the "naughty stuff" sliding down all too easy!!! Just need to get my head straight, then I can start losing again! :smile2: Kath.x

hey homecare

your only 5 weeks banded so it's still early days everyone has a different rate of healing,a girl I met in belgium was eating beef curry one week after getting banded I couldn't believe it coz I could only take a few spoonfuls of clear Soup by then.Why not e mail dr Chris with your concerns and see what he says or speak to Wendy from wls group she's very good and will try to help you, she really helps me wiyh anything I ask her.try taking a 10 calorie soup from morrisons before you try to eat some solid food, sometimes it helps me because I'm sick quite a bit.it's all try and error at this stage.

Thanks beeboo I will try the 10 calorie soup. I know Im a nuisance but because everyone else seems to be back to almost normal I worry incase Im not healing properly especially with still having this burning pain in my side. Thank goodness for this website. Jx

Hi All

Shoes - I haven't had any fills (I hope it doesn't get any worse when I do) today hasn't been too bad others days it is neverending.

Lischa aren't u lucky John is so thoughtful, my hubby can only boil an egg and I don't really like eggs (can't cook won't cook) I'm glad my burps r coming up !! Hope ur bottom burps ease off.

Homecare - I got banded the week after you and have been taking small portions of solids for last couple of weeks fine but on Fri I had chicken curry/ boiled rice - tonight garlic braised steak and rice and both nights I have had a problem after a few mouthfuls food seems to be back logged into my oesphagus and I CAN'T swallow it. It's a horrible feeling and I have to run to bathroom. I have always been a very slow eater, but need to concentrate more on chewing. Find if I chew alot most things are fine, therefore I have lost very little weight. As others suggested it would be good to get advice from CDB or Wendy just for ur own peace of mind.

Thanks anitahug. I want to eat small portions of solid foods as the mushy goes down too easy and before I know it Im hungry again and its all too easy to gain the weight we have lost. I feel solid food would make me full for longer but Im taking the advice of everyone on here and Im also going to try and eat even slower. Thanks Jx

Think it would still be worth you taking out the package (presume with WLS) as you will still need fills even if you are struggling at the moment and the clock won't start ticking until your first appt. I think WLS recommend being on liquids following band surgery for 6 weeks if I remember the info correctly which is in contrast to the info we were given after surgery. If you take out the package, see if it is possible to speak to Wendy and ask her advice but still think it is early days yet for solid food to be an issue even if everyone else seems to be managing it! Bigsister x

Thanks bigsister Iam going to take the package out and going to see wendy on the 11th of August. Just feel a bit left out of the recovery stage as I said before everyone else managed to eat some solids even before they were meant to and had no problems. I was so glad when Gillian told me she also had the horrible burning port pain for 8 weeks and advised to wear big knickers I felt I wasnt alone with this problem and it was great advice, but nobody seems to have this problem of not eating solids at my stage. Anyway enough waffling I will just grin and bear it until I see wendy. Cheers. Jx

Hi all i have just spent the last hour reading past posts and catching up with how everyone is doing.. I had a lovely holiday in inverness and exploring the surrounding areas, what a gorgeous place.. we are going back again early next year.

Flirty... what a girl, you have done so well and thankyou for txting me and keeping me updated, it was appreciated.

Welcome to all the newbies you couldnt wish for a better site.. everyone is so supportive.

Mandy i hope you come back to the forum.

Glad your mum is on the mend freckles.

Well done on your weight loss gillian, you are doing really good.

Hope everyone else is ok and doing well xx

Hi Beeboo, thank's for the tips, I'll certainly give them a try(even though my head still desperately long's for chocolate!!) Does anyone know a good way to wean me off the chocolate, as it's sabotaging my weight loss??:lol::crying::smile2:

Hi Mooster, i am defo a chocoholic i think that has been the hardest for me i decided when i had my op i was giving up choc all together it hasn't been easy every day i think about choc but keep telling myself that's the type of food that got me in this state in the first place,its so hard but worth it, some days i feel sorry for myself even have a little cry i just give myself a kick up the arse,i suffer really bad with IBS since i gave up all the naughty stuff feel much better so for me its not just about the weight its about my health to, im not saying i will never have choc but at the mo dont trust myself just think you didn't put yourself through an op to sabotage it all hope this is of some help xx:smile:

Hey mooster if you really feel you need/want chocolate then just try a low fat hot choc drink.. i feel the more you do away with it the more you want it so i hust have a blue ribbon bar which is less than 100 cals, i must say i only crave it when its the time of the month and once i have had 1 bar then that does me for till the next month lol x

hiya homecare

just in from work so thought I would check out how you were doing.you are not a nuisance you are just worried thats what the forum is all about.if anyone has a problem,question or worried about anything or in need of support thats what we're all here for,we all need this.it took a wee while for my port to heal properly I didn't have the burning pain in it but it used to get a bit jaggy.my friend from Walse that I met in Belguim still has wee twinges now and again she had the burning for a wee while but it does go away.what kind of solid food are you trying to eat coz theres a lot of food I just can't eat at all.I know your worried wee hen but just try to think positive you'll soon be feeling good.

hiya homecare

just in from work so thought I would check out how you were doing.you are not a nuisance you are just worried thats what the forum is all about.if anyone has a problem,question or worried about anything or in need of support thats what we're all here for,we all need this.it took a wee while for my port to heal properly I didn't have the burning pain in it but it used to get a bit jaggy.my friend from Walse that I met in Belguim still has wee twinges now and again she had the burning for a wee while but it does go away.what kind of solid food are you trying to eat coz theres a lot of food I just can't eat at all.I know your worried wee hen but just try to think positive you'll soon be feeling good.

Aww thanks beeboo thats so nice. Im feeling a bit better today. I had a kids meal for lunch mash with sausage in gravy and even managed to keep it down. I think because it is lubricated with the gravy it went down much easier so now Im trying to stay off drier foods and will practice with wet but not mushie foods. It has really filled me up even though I had it over 3 hours ago. So hopefully I will eat less as with the mushy food I was hungry every hour.Thanks for being concerned beeboo its appreciated. Jx