Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

My six weeks is up on the 11th so am all booked up with WLS to have my 1st fill then in Glasgow. My appointment is at 2:15, is anyone else going on that day?

Hi Homecare, how did you get on with your salmon? I've got such a cheek moaning about being able to eat pizza and stuff when you are going through such a terrible time, I really feel for you.

Good luck Gary, Fingers crossed for you X

hiya S.p.

5weeks 6days isn't that long away,are you going to Belgium to get banded.the time will fly by and it 'll be on you before you know it 2lb off keep up the good work coz 2lb is better off than on. beeboo x

I feel responsible for starting this bowel thread but I guess you have your own issues like me (and Im not banded yet !!!!!!!) Sorry................good to hear all your good advice though.

On that subject I book my 6 month of fills with colleen today to make the most of the special offer......thanks to everyone for that tip !

S.

Hi Starsky, you will be glad you took up the 6 months package with WLS, especially when you meet the Wonderful Wendy, when you go mention you know the Sheffield Sisters from the forum and listen to her groan! On the Fluid front - I can't do just Water so I have Robinsons low sugar fruit & barley squash, pink grapefruit and find that so much easier than plain ole water, could you give that a try? Bigsis x

Hi Homecare, how did you get on with your salmon? I've got such a cheek moaning about being able to eat pizza and stuff when you are going through such a terrible time, I really feel for you.

Good luck Gary, Fingers crossed for you X

Make the most of it Fatduck cos you won't be having it once you get restriction! Bigsis x

hi fat duck. i'm into see Wendy that day to but iv not booked a time yet maybe see you there.i'm not getting a fill just some things to talk over with Wendy. beeboo x

Thank Big Sis, I will be sure to mention you both to Wendy...but that seems ages away yet ! Thanks for all your great tips.

Can you tell me....I am having my Op on a Friday, when would you say I was ready to go back to work ? I was hoping to go back on the Monday or Tuesday, is that too soon ? Will I be well enough ? I mainly sit at a desk and do a bit of walking about.

S x

Hi Peeps

God i need to come on more often, it takes longer to read all the posts than to just log on each day.

Thanks for everyones birthday wishes!

Flirty hope your infection clears up, other than that i am so jealous of you right now!! But i do feel a long weekend in Ireland coming up, love to help you paint the town red in my size 10 dresses!

I cant remember who asked my about my date, but yes i am officailly part of a couple now so it must have gone well. He lives in Sotland some of the time as he works off shore so im flying over on Tuesday and agree that it is a beautiful city.

Starsky i have a desk job and i am glad that i took a week off work, i don't think i would have been able to go back on the Monday because of the way you sit on an office chair. I have heard lots of people say that they went back after a few days so maybe i am just a baby.

Happy Wednesday!

Carrie x

Hi everyone hope all is well in the weird and wonderful world of lapband??:lol:

Gary just like to say all the best of luck for tomorrow hope it turns out positive for you!

also got a question regards post fill....how long are you on liquids and mushies afterwards?

take care :juggle:

Hi Starsky

I had my op on a Tues got out of hosp' on Wed' aft and flew home Thurs morning. Not sure if ur having op with CDB but he insists u stay at hotel the night u get out of hosp' or he said he will not operate and did refuse to operate on a lady who had flights booked on day of discharge. Frederik also reinforced this when I was booking my flights. I couldn't have travelled home any sooner (as it nearly killed me on the Thursday morning, I don't think I'm a wimp as I had my last 2 children with NO pain relieve,1 induced, 1 a dry birth and that was Bl**dy painful)

I agree with Carriejess after a week I was feeling much better. I would leave it until at least at the earliest the Wed. As you won't have alot of strength on the liquid diet, What I will say is that every day I felt much better, 1st day or 2 it was really sore to cough, sneeze, laugh, roll over in bed, sit up from lying.

By the Friday I was able to vacuum,clean bathroom, household chores at my leisure.

If u have the leave to take don't rush it. Give urself time to recover.

Carrie and Anitahug, thanks for that. I think I will have to book longer off work in that case, just to be sure. Perhaps I am being a little hasty thinking I can go back after 3 days !

Sorry everyone I'm going to bring the topic back to bowels........

Since being banded I've been doing floaters! Never had this before and wondered if it was normal? Why it is hapeening and should I be worried?

Thanks Westie x

Hi everyone hope all is well in the weird and wonderful world of lapband??:lol:

Gary just like to say all the best of luck for tomorrow hope it turns out positive for you!

also got a question regards post fill....how long are you on liquids and mushies afterwards?

take care :juggle:

Hi tin you are supposed to be on liquids for three days and mushes for three .But it is up to your self if you last that long some just do two days liquid and two mushies.

Sorry everyone I'm going to bring the topic back to bowels........

Since being banded I've been doing floaters! Never had this before and wondered if it was normal? Why it is hapeening and should I be worried?

Thanks Westie x

Dont know much about why you've got floaters, but I've been brought up to think they are a good thing, cos you have adequate fibre and Fluid, hope this helps

Hahahaha I love all this bowel talk!! :juggle: How is it today Freckles? I must admit I am not going anywhere near as much as I used to!!

Flirty I really hope the antibiotics do the trick!

Bigsis I know what you mean I find Water the hardest thing to drink. I just taken a sugar free fruit shoot out of the fridge for Breakfast but Harrison has stolen it already! We'll be sharing a bowl of porridge in a minute!

Mmm I'm glad the dress fits. I agree this band can be soooo weird. I've been eating quite a bit more yet have lost 2-3kg in 2 weeks. I was convinced I'd put on weight too. It's just plain weird!!

Wishful it's not long until ur next fill - hang on in there!!

Garry - I hope everything goes Ok today, I'll be thinking about you.

Carrie - good luck with your new bloke, how exciting!! And size 10 dresses - that's fab!!

Gillian have you lost anymore bags of dog food?!! :lol:

Hello to everyone else, whatever stage ur at!