Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hungry

Angry

Bored

Impulse

Tired

This is what's stuck up all round my desk and home. Theoretically it makes me ask why I am putting food in my mouth. Someone else might find it useful.

Freckles:- Beetroot (fresh) and a brisk walk do it for me!! :biggrin:

5 weeks 6 days to go, lost 2lb so far in anticipation, go baby go!

SP

Hi SP - I love fresh beetroot and have it most days with my salad, perhaps that's why I don't usually have any probs like Freckles. Apart from when I have to be on liquids only following a fill, will have to try beetroot smoothie then from now on! Can't say brisk walk tempting me as much tho! Bigsister x

Hi guys,

Haven't been on for a while but just thought i would see if anyone else is having a band fitted on the 11th August? I started my pre-op diet yesterday, is it just low fat I need to stick to or is it low carbohydrate also?

Cannot believe how quick this has come around, i'm sooooo nervous but very excited also. Was just wondering if anyone else has any other tips for me or words of advice?

Sarah x

Hi Sarah, it's low fat diet, you needn't be looking at anything else really. It's cos low fat consumption will help shrink the liver in preparation for the surgery and can make it a bit easier. Bigsister x

Thoughts are with you for tomorrow Gary, lets hope its all resolved easily for you.

Right you bowel beauties, my sister in law has 4 colonic irrigations each year to get a good emptying and she swears it keeps her weight under control (aged 68 and sized 10). I only need to use activia yogs daily and an occational lactolose, so I have'nt gone through with it, but she's convinced it helps and she feels so much lighter after the proceedure. Your views would be interesting !!!!!!! :biggrin:

Thoughts are with you for tomorrow Gary, lets hope its all resolved easily for you.

Right you bowel beauties, my sister in law has 4 colonic irrigations each year to get a good emptying and she swears it keeps her weight under control (aged 68 and sized 10). I only need to use activia yogs daily and an occational lactolose, so I have'nt gone through with it, but she's convinced it helps and she feels so much lighter after the proceedure. Your views would be interesting !!!!!!! :biggrin:

Oooh, Mmm - this is taking it into different territory now! We bow to your superior bowel knowledge even if it is second hand (that sounds so very wrong doesn't it?!) Bigsis xx

Hi Maysh,

I'm getting banded on 12th.

Flying from Dublin on 11th, so will ya keep the bed warm for me???

I'm not eating crisps, chocolate, biscuits, chips, burgers. Just eating my 3 meals (with no added fat) and if I feel like a snack I have fruit or a yogurt. Not sure what else I'm supposed to be doing.

As much in the dark as yourself when it comes to the 'low fat' bit. Am I still allowed nuts in my porridge?

In the next week will probably be really cutting down and having Soups for dinner - thats what my local hospital recommended!!

Siobhain

Hi Bigsis,

OOHH POO, have I gone too far this time. xxxMMM

Looks like you have scared everyone off, they seem to have deserted! Are you still on track for the dress you want to wear for your wedding? Bigsis xx

Hi Maysh,

I'm getting banded on 12th.

Flying from Dublin on 11th, so will ya keep the bed warm for me???

I'm not eating crisps, chocolate, biscuits, chips, burgers. Just eating my 3 meals (with no added fat) and if I feel like a snack I have fruit or a yogurt. Not sure what else I'm supposed to be doing.

As much in the dark as yourself when it comes to the 'low fat' bit. Am I still allowed nuts in my porridge?

In the next week will probably be really cutting down and having Soups for dinner - thats what my local hospital recommended!!

Siobhain

Hi Toppings, sounds like you are doing fine with the pre-op diet. It is pretty much what I did, made low fat choices. Think I remember a previous post that advised going for foods with a fat content of no higher than 5g per 100g weight and that this was a good rule of thumb. Good luck for when your date comes round which will just fly by now and you'll be in Belgium before you know it. Bigsister x

Hi Toppings, sounds like you are doing fine with the pre-op diet. It is pretty much what I did, made low fat choices. Think I remember a previous post that advised going for foods with a fat content of no higher than 5g per 100g weight and that this was a good rule of thumb. Good luck for when your date comes round which will just fly by now and you'll be in Belgium before you know it. Bigsister x

Yes bigsis it was me asking Gary about pre op diet and as hes really clued up he advised me to check labels and not to touch anything with over 5g fat per 100g. It can say 4g of fat in say 350g but can still end up really high per 100g. So pre bandsters stick to 5g per 100g. Sounds confusing but it works. Jx

hay there dose any one have a number for band fills in manchester, thanks,

i need a fill and have lost fredricks number.

The number you need is 07872963503 and the lady who makes the bookings is julie.. the next date for manchester is the 13th August, i cant wait as i desperately need a fill x

Hi flirty im sorry to hear about your infection but im sure with your antibiotics it will clear up in no time, fingers crossed .. you have done so well so far and im sure it is only a slight delay in your recovery x

Homecare & bigsis

Thanks for that. Sounds like a good rule of thumb - will defo keep an eye on the labels so

Porridge for Breakfast with blueberries instead of nuts so...

Feels strange though that because I'm on a 'low fat diet' i feel I should be hungry, but I'm eating every couple of hours on low fat stuff!! Stange but suppose thats where the band comes in to helo - controls my portions

Thanks Homecare, that is re-assuring. Will defo try Weetabix. I havent had it for years but I do like it, so lets hope it has some effect !!

S.

The dress fits fine, but I've not lost any weight since my tiny .3mls defill, in fact I've put on 1lb, how can that happen? I struggled to eat or drink anything and lost 7lb in a week, then I had such a tiny amount taken out it was only a tear drop and I put on a 1lb, there is no sense to this moody band of mine.

I've joined wls group 6 months package now so maybe they can give my band a good talking to, but I'm not having my first fill with them until after the wedding.

I want to lose weight, but I also want to disguise the fact that I have a band and need to look as if I'm eating normally for that day. I hate this cloak and dagger stuff I'm usually so open and uncomplicated.

I feel responsible for starting this bowel thread but I guess you have your own issues like me (and Im not banded yet !!!!!!!) Sorry................good to hear all your good advice though.

On that subject I book my 6 month of fills with colleen today to make the most of the special offer......thanks to everyone for that tip !

S.