Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-op diet starts tomorrow

Hi everyone! I'm a new comer. This is my first day as a liquid diet. My surgery is scheduled for February 8 and my pre-op is January 31. I feel nervous, excited and ready for everything to be over so I can start shedding the pounds. Anyone have any helpful hints to survive the liquid diet?

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Hi everyone! I'm a new comer. This is my first day as a liquid diet. My surgery is scheduled for February 8 and my pre-op is January 31. I feel nervous, excited and ready for everything to be over so I can start shedding the pounds. Anyone have any helpful hints to survive the liquid diet?

Stay strong you can get threw it make a schedule and stick to it and fallow what your doctor allows you to have.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Keep yourself busy, and definitely keep on schedule of your diet guidelines. For me it was 3 shakes a day + 3 other smaller Protein sources. I got a kit from my clinic to do the 2 week diet. So I had a variety of Soups (just different broths more or less) and mixes to make Fruit drinks. Sticking to the schedule helps take the edge off. There were one or two days where I missed a Soup "meal" and it threw me off.

I'll admit that some nights were kind of tough and I just went to bed early. It was better than sitting in front of the tv thinking of food. The first few days are the hardest. After the first week it's been easy for the most part. You have to keep telling yourself that cheating could destroy all that you've worked for. My doc put the scare into me that he won't do the operation if he gets in there and sees your liver hasn't gone down.

If you've got hobbies then keep busy with those. That helped me out a lot.

Heading out to the hospital in about an hour. Good luck to you guys as you finish up your pre-op weeks. Final weight was 318.2 and started the two weeks at 336. Been tough but worth it.

See you on the other side!

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Heading out to the hospital in about an hour. Good luck to you guys as you finish up your pre-op weeks. Final weight was 318.2 and started the two weeks at 336. Been tough but worth it.

See you on the other side!

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

progress starts in the mind

Idk how or why I just copied that

progress starts in the mind