Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers, how are you doing?

Sleeve on10/25. Down 23.5 pounds. Walked 1 mile yesterday.

Hi, I was sleeved 10/26. I'm still having a hard time getting all my fluids in but no problem with my Protein. I've have no issues with new foods. still haven't tried eating red meat, I'm a little scared lol.

Today marks 5 weeks out weighted myself down 37lb and I'm finally in ONEderland

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congrats on getting into Onderland!!

I had my operation on 10/11 - Yom Kippur. I called it my own personal day of atonement. Things are going very well, way better than I expected. Since I began the program the first week of June this year, to today, I am down 109 lbs. I am back to eating regular food. I had no complications and no side effects worth mentioning. I figure I pegged the needle on the Good Things scale, and am very grateful for that.

It is hard to say if I have more energy yet. I am pretty sure I do. My wife says I do. But, I keep pushing with more and more exercise, etc, so I am pretty well whupped by the end of the day.

@@LittleBill,

Great to hear! As for your "regular foods", what are you eating? I'm having a hard time these days, feeling some pain with eating anything other that soft stuff.

Sleeve on10/25. Down 23.5 pounds. Walked 1 mile yesterday.

Way to go on your success, and on the mile walk!!

I'm doing better the further along I go, sleeved on 10/10, am on full food now and so glad to be finding a new normal. I do still struggle with acid indigestion, this weird uncomfortable feeling of burning emptiness in my stomach after I digest that lasts until I eat again. I hate that. I fear I will be in discomfort for life but just allowing time. At least I can eat meats and cheeses and the veggies I've tried so far.

Breakfasts are rough but I'm working on it. Don't hit my Protein or Water goals but again, working on it.

I'm back to being active and only have like 1.5 weeks till all my physical restrictions are lifted. Being able to be physically active increased my happiness and helped pull back the depression quite a bit.

@@The New Kel

eggs in just about any form, chicken, lots of turkey still (we smoked one and roasted one for Thanksgiving). I have been eating pork roast, some ground beef, Beans of various sorts. Refried Beans with a little bit of cheese and some hot chiles is real good. I will take a can of tuna, mix in some light mayo, onion and garlic powder, and that makes a nice snack and is high in Protein.

If soft food is doing well for you, try brining some chicken breasts. There are a lot of methods on the web for that, but essentially you soak them in salt Water for anywhere from a couple hours to overnight. I drain them, and put them in a pyrex baking dish that has been sprayed with olive oil. I will sprinkle on some salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders, and perhaps some other seasonings. I cover the dish tightly with foil and bake them at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes. They are pretty much fork tender, and very tasty.

I am cutting way down on Protein shakes. I've been able to get back to eating Quest Protein Bars, which I really like, and which are a whole lot easier to carry around with me when I am doing errands, working in my shop, etc. I am thinking of doing a post on that, with some pics of the bars I have. It might help some of the folks who are sick of shakes.

I have not yet attempted nuts, or fresh fruit. I am supposed to wait a couple more weeks for those things, and I am content to wait.

Tomorrow I am making my "Ring of Fire" chili. It has been very popular over the years at a number of venues, although some of my friends tell me it isn't real chili. It has 3 kinds of beans, beef, onions, Tomato sauce, a little bit of corn for color, and a bunch of spices. It burns on the way in, and it burns on the way out. People love it. I've had some pretty spicy stuff since my surgery successfully, but I probably won't make it as hot as I have in the past until I test it. It will be a little hot anyway.

Edited by LittleBill

I was revised from LapBand to sleeve on 10/18 and so far, so good. Just went back to work yesterday and other than some fatigue, it's going well.

I was released to exercise at my appointment on Monday so today was my first real attempt at a workout.

Went really well-couldn't do anything that used my core because it hurt, but I did a 20 minute walk/run!

Not too many food issues, only a problem with an overripe banana that made me feel like I was going to explode. I won't be using any bananas in a Protein shake for a while.

I've had two stalls but I'm down 21 since surgery, 26 since pre op. I'm glad that I took measurements though. I've been measuring myself every two weeks so even when the scale is making me unhappy, the numbers balance it out.

I've lost four inches from my hips and chest, two from my waist! In six short weeks!

My biggest issue is getting in my water! I'm a big Water drinker presurgery 100+ oz daily but now post op it's like I can not even seem to get 32 oz in at work . It's been a real challenge . I am down 11.75 inches and a little over 30 lbs since 10/4 surgery date I would just like to see the scale move a bit more consistently

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

@@LittleBill

I will have to try the brined chicken. I love roasting whole chickens, I used to do that quite a bit. I have been eating some Quest bars. I went online and bought about 10 of them, in all different flavors which was fun. I discovered that love the lemon ones, chocolate cookie dough, and the Peanut Butter chocolate ones. The blueberry ones are pretty good with some hot tea or coffee!

Your chili sounds good. I love a good chili! I live in El Paso so there is plenty of green or red chili and lots of chili fixings!

I was revised from LapBand to sleeve on 10/18 and so far, so good. Just went back to work yesterday and other than some fatigue, it's going well.

I was released to exercise at my appointment on Monday so today was my first real attempt at a workout.

Went really well-couldn't do anything that used my core because it hurt, but I did a 20 minute walk/run!

Not too many food issues, only a problem with an overripe banana that made me feel like I was going to explode. I won't be using any bananas in a Protein shake for a while.

I've had two stalls but I'm down 21 since surgery, 26 since pre op. I'm glad that I took measurements though. I've been measuring myself every two weeks so even when the scale is making me unhappy, the numbers balance it out.

I've lost four inches from my hips and chest, two from my waist! In six short weeks!

Congrats on your success so far!! Thats great! I haven't tried bananas yet. That does not sound pleasant!

My biggest issue is getting in my water! I'm a big Water drinker presurgery 100+ oz daily but now post op it's like I can not even seem to get 32 oz in at work . It's been a real challenge . I am down 11.75 inches and a little over 30 lbs since 10/4 surgery date I would just like to see the scale move a bit more consistently

Getting Fluid in for me can be a challenge also. I haven't been getting mine in lately.

I was sleeved on October 3rd....and having trouble getting in all the Protein, liquids, AND experiencing Constipation. This is so hard! I have zero appetite and have to force myself to eat. I just take it one day at a time. But I just don't see how I'll be able to get used to this "new normal".

HW 262

SW 244

CW 216

Sent from my XT1650 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by cuteNATL

I'm with you. Same problem here.

You guys anyone facing Water nausea? When does it go away?

I only struggle with Water nausea if I try to drink too fast. I find that if I slow down, it doesn't happen as frequently if at all.

I had a band to bypass revision on October 4th. I'm happy with my progress. have had a couple of stalls which typically last just over a week so I'm used to them now. my weight loss definitely looks like a set of steps. I'm just short of 2 months post op now. I'm doing at least 10,000 steps every day with no exceptions. I am getting all my Protein in most days (still do about 1/2 Protein shake every day) and in the last week have been getting 80 oz of Water in most days (almost half is usually consumed in the evenings after dinner). I haven't found a food yet that doesn't work (steak is awesome) but i find it has to be freshly cooked, dryer leftover meat is pretty much a no go. I'm sticking to a pretty low carb diet which is i think a big contributor to my loss so far, which has been faster than I typically experience. hoping to be at my goal by summer, but we'll see what my body puts up with. I started as a size 18 and just wearing size 16 jeans today. looking forward to onderland when i should drop into a size 14 pant. already fitting into my size 14 dresses.

I've been tracking so here are my stats:

2 week pre-op diet 16 lbs lost

1st month post-op just over 16 lbs lost

2nd month post-op likely to be 14 lbs lost

that is a total of almost 46lbs as of today.

pre-op 260, sw 244, current weight 214.6

Sleeved 10/10. I'm doing fairly well, I can tolerate meats and veggies and dairy. I haven't tried red meat yet, I was wearing a size 26 I now fit comfortably in a size 20, and I am down 53 pounds since surgery.

I love hearing all about everyone's success! Congrats to everyone!

HW: 377

SW: 358

CW: 305