Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers, how are you doing?

I guess I'm the only one of the October sleevers that isn't do well. I was sleeved 10/27. Started at 318lbs and today weighed in at 269lbs. The weight is flying off, but constantly feel like vomiting. I know I'm not getting in the daily fluids or Protein because of the vomiting issue. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I wish I could just be admitted to the hospital and given an IV. There's just no way I can take down 64 ounces of Fluid a day. I struggle with 32. My dr is hinting that I feel like this because I'm not drinking enough. I think he's right because my urine is really yellow, don't have to go much and it's been a while since I did #2. Really, really frustrated at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

I guess I'm the only one of the October sleevers that isn't do well. I was sleeved 10/27. Started at 318lbs and today weighed in at 269lbs. The weight is flying off, but constantly feel like vomiting. I know I'm not getting in the daily fluids or Protein because of the vomiting issue. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I wish I could just be admitted to the hospital and given an IV. There's just no way I can take down 64 ounces of Fluid a day. I struggle with 32. My dr is hinting that I feel like this because I'm not drinking enough. I think he's right because my urine is really yellow, don't have to go much and it's been a while since I did #2. Really, really frustrated at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

I would call my surgeon again and tell the office what you just said, that you feel like you need to be admitted to the hospital, that your urine is dark (don't say yellow, say dark.) and how long since a bowel movement. At the very least they should have you go in for a check up.

Good luck! Do they have you on any anti-nausea meds? I'm on ODT Ondansetron (ODT = orally disintegrating. Ask for one that dissolves in your mouth rather than a tablet you have to swallow (crush since us post ops can't have pills for a while)

@@LittleBill

I will have to try the brined chicken. I love roasting whole chickens, I used to do that quite a bit. I have been eating some Quest bars. I went online and bought about 10 of them, in all different flavors which was fun. I discovered that love the lemon ones, chocolate cookie dough, and the Peanut Butter chocolate ones. The blueberry ones are pretty good with some hot tea or coffee!

Your chili sounds good. I love a good chili! I live in El Paso so there is plenty of green or red chili and lots of chili fixings!

Have you tried baking the Quest bars yet? You cut them into eight pieces and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. They taste pretty good for a change of pace. Like Cookies without the damage.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@LittleBill

I will have to try the brined chicken. I love roasting whole chickens, I used to do that quite a bit. I have been eating some Quest bars. I went online and bought about 10 of them, in all different flavors which was fun. I discovered that love the lemon ones, chocolate cookie dough, and the Peanut Butter chocolate ones. The blueberry ones are pretty good with some hot tea or coffee!

Your chili sounds good. I love a good chili! I live in El Paso so there is plenty of green or red chili and lots of chili fixings!

Have you tried baking the Quest bars yet? You cut them into eight pieces and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. They taste pretty good for a change of pace. Like Cookies without the damage.

Great idea! I really like Quest bars but I love the idea of making 'cookies' from them!

I was sleeved Oct. 3. Starting weight 214. Lost 32 lbs, but have been stalled for a couple of weeks now. So frustrated. I have hovered around 182-185 for 3 weeks now. I can't eat any less. I am having trouble getting all the Water in. And the "no Water 30 min. before and 30 min. after doesn't help. I am really not that hungry so that isn't a problem. I walk 2 miles a day. I do feel great and am moving much better, but I think I must have been at the absolute maximum in my clothes, because I am still wearing the same pants. A little looser, but not enough to fit in to the next size down in my closet. (I have all sizes in my closet as I was the yoyo Queen.) I just want that "new middle number". Sick of being in the 80's and ready for the 70's. Any suggestions on how to get out of the dreaded stall?

I was sleeved Oct. 3. Starting weight 214. Lost 32 lbs, but have been stalled for a couple of weeks now. So frustrated. I have hovered around 182-185 for 3 weeks now. I can't eat any less. I am having trouble getting all the Water in. And the "no Water 30 min. before and 30 min. after doesn't help. I am really not that hungry so that isn't a problem. I walk 2 miles a day. I do feel great and am moving much better, but I think I must have been at the absolute maximum in my clothes, because I am still wearing the same pants. A little looser, but not enough to fit in to the next size down in my closet. (I have all sizes in my closet as I was the yoyo Queen.) I just want that "new middle number". Sick of being in the 80's and ready for the 70's. Any suggestions on how to get out of the dreaded stall?

How many calories a day are you eating? Maybe you need to up it a little more? My doc suggests 650-750 for months 3-4.

Sent from my iPhone

I was sleeved Oct. 3. Starting weight 214. Lost 32 lbs, but have been stalled for a couple of weeks now. So frustrated. I have hovered around 182-185 for 3 weeks now. I can't eat any less. I am having trouble getting all the water in. And the "no water 30 min. before and 30 min. after doesn't help. I am really not that hungry so that isn't a problem. I walk 2 miles a day. I do feel great and am moving much better, but I think I must have been at the absolute maximum in my clothes, because I am still wearing the same pants. A little looser, but not enough to fit in to the next size down in my closet. (I have all sizes in my closet as I was the yoyo Queen.) I just want that "new middle number". Sick of being in the 80's and ready for the 70's. Any suggestions on how to get out of the dreaded stall?

How many calories a day are you eating? Maybe you need to up it a little more? My doc suggests 650-750 for months 3-4.

Sent from my iPhone

I have worried about this. I am usually under 600. I have been doing fine with my Protein. One shake a day boosts it to over 70 usually. My Doc is super conservative and I was 4 weeks liquid, 4 weeks pureed and just now on regular food. No red meat until the 6 month mark. Mostly eating a lot of tuna and Salmon and chicken breast. They only want me to eat 3 meals a day and getting more calories in with only 3 oz. of food at a time makes it tough to get any more "good" calories in. I truly shouldn't complain. I feel great....never had any complications, no nausea or sickness. And I know the weight will come off.......the good news is you can't "quit" like I have done on the zillions of diets I have been on. I just want to get on with it.

Hi everyone -

This is my first post on the forum. I was sleeved on 10/24. I've lost about 20 pounds since then. I'm happy with the weight loss. Had a stall for 2 weeks where the scale wouldn't budge and then I dropped 5 pounds in a week. I am back to eating real food and have tried a bunch of different things. Nothing is really bothering my stomach. But my issue is that I feel hungry about 1.5-2 hours after eating. I'll have a premier Protein shake (30g protein) or yogurt/fruit/protein power or baked chicken and broccoli and 2 hours later my stomach feels like an empty pit. I don't have hunger "pains" the way I used to when I was hungry. It just feels like my stomach is empty and hollow.

I used to have acid reflux that was painful. During the surgery, I had a hiatal hernia fixed. The acid reflex pain (acid coming up) is 100% gone and I'm not taking any meds for it. My dr. suggested that the "empty stomach" discomfort may still be acid, but it seems weird as there is no pain. Just a hollowness. (It's pronounced enough that I wake up at night feeling what I think is "hunger".) I can eat way more now than I could a month ago. So not sure what is going on. Anyone else experience this?

Meanwhile, I love feeling my hipbones again when I lie down! :D

Just made the cut--sleeved on 10/31.

Everything is progressing well. I've lost 21.2 lbs. since the operation and 46.4 since I started the pre-op diet. My last two weigh-ins were much lower than my first two weeks post-op, but that's fine. Seems to be very common.

I can advance from soft foods to the regular diet after my next NUT appt., Dec. 22. I've never craved a grilled chicken breast so much in my life!

For NSVs, clothes are definitely looser, and I should be within a few weeks of moving down a size. I've ordered a few shirts that are a size smaller and fit snugly, but not too tight. I'm also getting closer to wearing my winter pea coat from two years ago. Still tired some evenings if it's been a particularly busy day, but not fatigued like I was the first week or two out.

I return to work this Monday. Mixed emotions. This recovery time has made me realize there are certain aspects of my job that need to change, and if they don't in a few months, I'll feel comfortable looking for new opportunities elsewhere.

Now, off to scrambled egg and cottage cheese for dinner.

Hi everyone -

This is my first post on the forum. I was sleeved on 10/24. I've lost about 20 pounds since then. I'm happy with the weight loss. Had a stall for 2 weeks where the scale wouldn't budge and then I dropped 5 pounds in a week. I am back to eating real food and have tried a bunch of different things. Nothing is really bothering my stomach. But my issue is that I feel hungry about 1.5-2 hours after eating. I'll have a premier Protein shake (30g protein) or yogurt/fruit/protein power or baked chicken and broccoli and 2 hours later my stomach feels like an empty pit. I don't have hunger "pains" the way I used to when I was hungry. It just feels like my stomach is empty and hollow.

I used to have acid reflux that was painful. During the surgery, I had a hiatal hernia fixed. The acid reflex pain (acid coming up) is 100% gone and I'm not taking any meds for it. My dr. suggested that the "empty stomach" discomfort may still be acid, but it seems weird as there is no pain. Just a hollowness. (It's pronounced enough that I wake up at night feeling what I think is "hunger".) I can eat way more now than I could a month ago. So not sure what is going on. Anyone else experience this?

Meanwhile, I love feeling my hipbones again when I lie down! :D

Hi @@jellybean12

Welcome!

Similar to you, I had the the same stall then dropped a few. I also am mid-190s now. I have felt that empty feeling, but usually only in the wee early mornings. I think some of it is acid. I drink tea or coffee and to goes away.

Hip bones, nice NSV!

I have been struggling with foods. My best friend is eggs and cheese.I was craving Chinese order my favorite dinner. Could only eat a spoon, but it came up.I eat on the same dishes every meal. I'm good with liquids and my Vitamins.I feel like I'm going crazy. Its two months tomorrow.

sw 257

cw 222.5

Edited by bigmoma86

I'm 5 weeks post op down 43 lbs. Doing great adding red meat this week had chili made with roast instead of ground beef. I had some issues with deli ham nit settling on my stomach right also had some salami settle weird. I thought it was because they were smoked but ate some deer summer sausage that was smoked. No problems there. Glad too I love using my smoker!

I was sleeved on 28th Oct and all going ok. Main issues are new foods do not seem to stay down so only on cottage cheese, yogurt, baby bell olives and hummus! Have lost 28lb since start of pre op diet and feeling fine in myself. Back to wk. In Uk no advice on Protein goals etc but no way am I getting enough or fluids. Got review on 14th Dec so will ask NUT then.

I was sleeved 10/6. My surgery weight was 239 and my current weight is 204.5 I wonder if my weight loss has slowed down because I am able to eat and digest meat? Any thoughts? I don't get in enough cardio I do know that part as I've been struggling with depression. But I'm also able to eat pretty much anything but small quantities. Fluid is an issue for me I don't get enough in and I know it.