Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Y'all! I just bought myself an Instant Pot!

@@LipstickLady I have to admit i had to go look this up.... I had no idea what an Instant pot was..... But now that i see and read.... I want one.... lol I have the slow cooker (which i love) and a pressure (love, but don't use as much)....

How did it work out? Is it worth the money?

oh WOW! I would love one of these! We had an 'old school' pressure cooker when I was a kid and it terrified me. (ok, maybe I was a weird kid...) I bought one a couple of years ago to face my silly fears of blowing up my kitchen and I NEVER used it. This one looks very safe and convenient!!!

I've been eyeing one. I just need to know what I'll use it for before I bring yet another appliance into my tiny kitchen. :) Let us all know how it goes!!

My husband just side-eyed me about it. My mom just gave me a Blendtec blender to replace my Osterizer. It works like a champ but it's HUGE. I have no idea where I am going to store the Instant Pot.

:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

@@LipstickLady

Any instant pot is great, I ended up buying the small one and it is plenty big enough for my family.

I wanted to let you know there are a ton of utube videos and recipes that help to get you familiar with it but honestly it is very easy to use.

Also, check out pinterest for instant pot recipes there are so many out there.

@@doxaholic

Once you have an instant pot, you no longer need a crock or slow cooker as the pot does both slow cooking and pressure cooking. I have yet to use the slow cooker option because I can cook a pot roast or brisket or stew to fork tender in about 30 minutes once it comes up to full pressure. Then, the pot releases the pressure and it keeps your food warm for hours if you need it to.

I honestly never need it to because it is literally so fast that i can start dinner at 6pm and have dinner ready 30 to 40 minutes later. You just dump your ingredients into the pot and it does all the work for you.

Lastly i would just say, the depth of flavor you get from pressure cooking is definitely better than my slow cooker. It has to do with cooking with pressure. Because it has a saute mode, you can brown your meat or saute your veggies if you like right in the pot.

I would vote this my absolute BEST kitchen tool. Last week, I moved my slow cooker, rice maker and crock pot to storage and my instant pot now has a permanent place on my counter top.

Ok, it's official--it's going on my xmas list!!!

I am negotiating with Mrs. LittleBill about one of these things. She is resistant, but I am like the Borg. Resistance is futile.

Hippressurecooking.com is a good site, she also has a cook book of the same name. Pressure cooking today.com is also another good site.

Y'all convinced me. Amazon will be bringing me one by the end of the week.

Just bought one for myself too. Looking forward to opening up on Christmas morning. Nothing like getting my husband's shopping done for him. LOL. He can be equally surprised when i tell him it is from him. :P

I just had to explain to my husband what a pressure cooker is. I may have to grab the bull by the horns and buy it for myself. clearly he does not share my vision. ;)

I was hooked at "replaces the crock pot and the rice cooker". LOL. Hope my hubby agrees, because I didn't consult with him!! LOL.

Okay, this is a very dangerous site!! I just ordered an Instant Pot and an Air Fryer!! Both of which I had never heard of before or else they are called something different in Canada!! Can't wait to try them both and can't wait to try to find space for them!! lol