Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Y'all! I just bought myself an Instant Pot!

YES!! My Instant Pot has changed my cooking drastically. I don't really follow recipes but everything I've made has been delicious.

I made a pot roast that was the best I've ever made. Instead of 8 hours in the crockpot it was one in the IP.

Before my plastic surgery I bought a whole chicken, seasoned it with salt/pepper/garlic powder/Italian seasoning. Then I chopped and sautéed some onion/celery/carrot in the IP and threw the chicken on top and filled about halfway up with Water. Hit the 'Poultry' button, adjusted to 1 hour and walked away.

Came back later, took the chicken out and removed the meat from skin and bones (it fell right off). I strained the broth into mason jars for homemade broth and left a bit in the IP. I put it back on sauté and added a bag of frozen mixed veggies and cream of mushroom (normally I make my own but I was pressed for time and making this for hubby) and the shredded chicken. Mixed well and then baked in a casserole dish with raw buttermilk biscuits on top.

This was one of my husband's meals while I was out of the house recovering from plastics.

post-233184-14805413085768_thumb.jpg

For homemade cream of mushroom:

Sauté finely diced onion and mushrooms in butter. Add a few sprinkles of flour to form a roux. Add milk or cream until thick consistently.

By the way, I used the homemade cream of mushroom with my pot roast.

Season London broil with salt and pepper. On sauté mode, add a little olive oil and sear each side of the meat. Remove meat, add chopped onion/celery and sauté until translucent. Add roughly chopped carrots and cubed red potatoes. Place seared meat on top along with cream of mushroom and add 2 cups of beef broth. Hit 'Meat/Stew' and walk away.

Optional: When complete, you can remove meat and veggies and use the 'Sauté' feature to reduce your broth to a gravy. You can be patient and keep reducing, add a little cornstarch (I like guar gum), or even add a little red wine if you're feeling frisky.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@shedo82773

Instant pot has several safety features built right into it so the old pressure cooking fears really should be put aside. It is easy to use, easy to clean up and saves so much time i can hardly believe it. I was afraid at first because of the scary old pressure cookers.....this is NOT the same thing.

I mentioned before that I was terrified of the darn things --we had one and my mom put the fear of God into me if I ever touched it while it was on the stove. That thing would rattle and hiss like a deranged goose. I bought a pressure cooker a few years ago to 'face my fears' and I ended up selling it in a garage sale, unused, last year.

And I need more ideas of things I can cook relatively quickly instead of resorting to carry-out. "Oh geez, the chicken is still frozen , looks like it's House Fried Rice Night!" Looking forward to getting one of these.

If you forgot to take chicken out the freezer put it frozen in the IP with some salsa and choose 'Poultry' but add extra time. When done you can shred the chicken and make tacos or salads or taco bowls (my favorite!). I also like to add these convenient bags of pre-chopped red bell pepper/black beans/corn to the frozen chicken to give it a little extra something. Just add some cheese or a dab of sour cream on top. Yum!

Experiment and see what you like!

I bought an Instant Pot last month. I'd never heard of it until I posted on another forum I read that my slow cooker died and was wanting suggestions for a replacement. I'd been wanting to try a pressure cooker, but couldn't justify buying once since I didn't even use the slow cooker very often. So when I saw that this magic wonder does seven different things, I ordered one right away.

So far I've made hard cooked eggs (I can fit TWO DOZEN in that sucker!), huge batches of homemade seasoned brown rice for my husband, some chicken breast, and fresh carrots (I whipped out the Instant Pot and pressure cooked them because I forgot to put them on the stove--saved my butt!).

I'm loving it so far. I haven't made much yet, but I'm hoping the husband buys me the pressure cooker cookbook I want for Christmas.

It makes hard boiled eggs!!!!

Wow, I just added this to my Amazon wishlist :-D

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!!

IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!! IT'S HERE!!

So... Did it come yet?

So... Did it come yet?

...maybe...

@@shedo82773

Instant pot has several safety features built right into it so the old pressure cooking fears really should be put aside. It is easy to use, easy to clean up and saves so much time i can hardly believe it. I was afraid at first because of the scary old pressure cookers.....this is NOT the same thing.

I really didn't think it was that way now. But hubby still is afraid of them. But....I'll just wait, he'll crumble WHAT MAMA WANTS MAMA GETS!!!

So, uh, are you saying it's here? **ducking**

@@LipstickLady

I guess its here! Did you figure out what you are going to make first?

if you're on Facebook you need to join the "Instant Pot Community". People post tips and recipes all day long. I'm making a Mongolian beef recipe from them tonight!

I'd never heard of an instant pot before this thread, but am intrigued by it from looking at the Amazon link. Is it like a Crockpot with more bells and whistles? Congrats on scoring a deal on it.

That's on my Christmas list!

I'd never heard of an instant pot before this thread, but am intrigued by it from looking at the Amazon link. Is it like a Crockpot with more bells and whistles? Congrats on scoring a deal on it.

It's a pressure cooker, too!

Instant Pot owners: I have an important question. Which size should I buy to boil 2 dozen eggs? We are considering the IPDUO-60 (6-quart size) which is on sale for $89 currently on Amazon. But maybe we need the IPDUO-80 (8-quart size) instead? I downloaded the pdf manual for the IPDUO-60 but couldn't find any instructions for hard-boiled eggs. Help!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App