Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone cheat on preop

I cheated the very 1st 2days of my pre op liquid diet and just ate healthy salads after with Water Protein shakes stop everything else now i have 4 days left to surgery and feel like im gonna die if i dont have and i quote "real food" because its not real food its unhealthy but DAMN they are hard to stop! Feel like cheating hungry as i type this ugh i guess they forget how hard preop really was and become so meany i will say lol

TOGETHER WE CAN!

True story...I was asked to start my liquid diet on 10/13 and so I did. My surgery was scheduled for 10/24. I had been able to hold on to the liquids and 1 high Protein meal as requested. One evening, 5 days before surgery to be exact, I couldn't do it anymore and made a choice to go straight to McDonalds! That was the worst thing I could have done at that moment. I pigged out, and when I had a sip of soda I wanted to die. At that moment, I realized that this is not for me anymore. I risked not being sleeve for a meal that would give me short satisfaction. Since that day I went back to my Protein shakes and all was well on surgery day. SW was 336, today I'm 318 (9 days later). Thankful and blessed.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

True story...I was asked to start my liquid diet on 10/13 and so I did. My surgery was scheduled for 10/24. I had been able to hold on to the liquids and 1 high Protein meal as requested. One evening, 5 days before surgery to be exact, I couldn't do it anymore and made a choice to go straight to McDonalds! That was the worst thing I could have done at that moment. I pigged out, and when I had a sip of soda I wanted to die. At that moment, I realized that this is not for me anymore. I risked not being sleeve for a meal that would give me short satisfaction. Since that day I went back to my Protein Shakes and all was well on surgery day. SW was 336, today I'm 318 (9 days later). Thankful and blessed.

What a great victory!

You want honesty? I attempted liquids for 2 days. But while I should have at least gone for some filet mignon or something, my 'last supper' the mid-afternoon before my surgery was knockwursts and baked Beans, then a bottle of nasty magnesium citrate.

Now, I do not recommend my aberrant path to any patient.

Wow... thanks to everyone in here who can be an adult and hold a real conversation without trying to disrespect or judge the next person. There's better ways to get your point across. But anywho for the ones that care I told my doc of my "cheats" or whatever the should be called and he was ok with that n not upset about me taking the laxative that one time for that reason. He told me a lot of ppl do cleanse prior to but he did not require one. That being said I was sleeved 10/31/16 @ 245lbs.

How are you feeling 2 days out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I had a few glasses of wine and i really stresses over it. That was my turning point of pre op diet. I put my stages in steps. Pre op diet was 1st step. Follow pre op diet to be the most healthiest on that or table. Keep pudhing forward my friend. One day at a time. You just need to reach sleeve date then sleeve will help you from there.....much luck!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

Alcohol should definitely not be in the pre-op diet. Alcohol is known to cause liver inflammation that lasts up to a couple of weeks.

Wow...the inflammation can last a couple weeks? Good to know. I only drink occasionally, but I wilk do my best in the next month or so to stay away from alcohol to heal my liver. Waiting for insurance approval for 12/23 surgery date.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I paid out of pocket for my procedure, and I knew that if my liver wasn't shrunk down sufficiently, the surgeon would be going in and not doing the procedure. No refunds once he's in there.

That was a great incentive to keep me on track, plus I didn't find the pre-op diet to be that challenging. I wasn't hungry, and was super excited about the procedure. I want to do exactly what my surgeon told me to, because it would be a shame to go through all of this for naught.

It seems as if it can't be admitted in these groups and forums we are all human and make mistakes. If anyone isn't afraid that has messed up pls post how many days before and with what. No judgement here pls! We all know what we should be doing tx

I did. I had to do the 14 day prep with just fluids. Liquids and 3 Protein shakes per day. After day 3, i was starving. I would go to panera bread and get their cream of broccoli Soup, or their thai garden wonton Soup, so freaking good. And at least i wasnt pjgging out on things that were heavy and i still lost 15lbs. So if u have to have something to eat, make it something light, just to satisfy that erg. We all will have that 1 thing that u want. Hell, im 3wks out and i had a handful of classic lays the other night. I was craving them and i didnt deny myself. Like anything else, if you deny yourself that 1 piece of brownie or whatever it maybe, youre gonna eat the entire thing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

So how did the dr appt go today for u @@Tboddy

I at the end of week 2 of 4 weeks of liquids pre-op .... and have stressed over apple slices and two ounces of cheese. I am making myself insane.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I am

at the end of week 2 of 4 weeks of liquids pre-op .... and have stressed over apple slices and two ounces of cheese. I am making myself insane.

Pam, we share the same name and actually the 924 is the bday, so we're twins....lol. no but really im almost 4wks out and i did tbe samething. I felt so guilty over just licking my granddaughter spoon of ice cream i felt so shameful. But i was like wth am i doing. Ive never had a problem with food, and i cant make myself start now. Ive had the surgery so now i just have to realize that i can only have this or thT. Will i ever eat another potatoe chip, yes, i know i will. This is why i decided against the gastric bypass. I didnt have alot of weight to lose, 110lbs, but because of my MS, i couldnt get it off by myself.

I did a few times and felt guilty about it and I was saying goodbye to my favorite meal...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

My two week was liquids only. On day three I got home from work and was just ravenous, I had prepped for surgery so there was basically nothing in the house except for half a box of girl scout Cookies in the freezer. The day before surgery I ate about 4oz of boneless unbreaded chicken.

Lost 20lbs over those two weeks overall so I think it went well. Surgeon did not need to move my liver so one less incision. I think most people go off plan once or twice during the pre-op.

Edited by SilentBotts

Strangely on this journey I maintained the same weight for 5 months..yes it surprised me and dietician.. I have been on liquid diet for 2nd day for surgery on Nov 9th and lost 3..WHAT!!!! ????..before my pre-op I did indulge at Halloween party on 10/29...but nothing since..mentally getting ready for next few months????

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App